Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Welcome to our 3RD *official*

Newsletter Celebs:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/778911

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/812105

Deepika Padukone

Madhuri Dixit

Every week, we will have a celebrity of the week, who we can discuss about! That includes anything like how fashionable you think she is, what your views are about her in general, etc. etc.

**However, we will not tolerate any foul language or slating towards the celebrity*

Our Celebrity of this Week is a former Miss World and is one of the leading actresses in Bollywood.

She is none other than...

PRIYANKA CHOPRA!

Priyanka Chopra, Miss India, was just 18 when she was crowned Miss World 2000.

Priyanka Chopra; born 18 July 1982, is an Indian actress and former Miss World. Before starting her acting career, she worked as a model and gained fame after winning the Miss World title in 2000.

https://www.bollywood.ac/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/chopsy.jpg

Priyanka Ashok Chopra was born on 18 July 1982 in Jamshedpur and is fondly known as Mimi. Her father is Capt. Dr.Ashok Chopra and her mother is Dr.Madhu Chopra. She has a younger brother, Siddharth. Her father's origin is a mix of Punjabi, Bengali, and Marathi while her mother's is a mix of Tamil, Malayali, and Kannada.

Her family was always on the move as her father was in the army. Few of her growing up years were spent in Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh. She studied at the La Martiniere Girl's School in Lucknow before re-locating to the United States of America. While there, she studied at the Newton North High School in Massachusetts and later in North Delta Senior Secondary School in North Delta. On returning back to India, she continued her schooling in the Army School at Bareilly. She joined the Jai Hind College in Mumbai but dropped out when she

won the second place in the Miss India beauty pageant. She went on to bring home the Miss World crown in 2000, becoming one of the five Indians to have won that title.

https://bollywooders.com/images/Priyanka%20Chopra.jpg

https://www.extramirchi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Priyanka-Chopra-at-IIFA-Awards-2009.jpg

AWARDS & Movies:

Chopra made her acting debut with the 2002 Tamil film Thamizhan.

The following year, she made her Bollywood film debut with The Hero: Love Story of a Spy and followed it with the hit Andaaz, for which she won a Filmfare Best Female Debut Award.

In 2004 she became the second woman to win the Filmfare Best Villain Award, which she received for her critically acclaimed performance in Aitraaz.

Chopra would later have commercial success with films like Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), KrrishDon - The Chase Begins Again.
(2006) and

Chopra earned a Filmfare Best Actress Award and a National Film Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of a model in Fashion (2008) and has thus established herself as one of the leading contemporary actresses in Bollywood.

Random Facts:

Marital Status: Single

Siblings: brother Siddharth

Height: 5'8" (1.73 m)

Weight: 53 Kgs

Languages: hindi, english

Other Facts: Miss World 2000

• While shooting the song "Do Me A Favor, Let's Play Holi" in the movie Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), she stepped on a live wire and received a shock. She was hospitalized for a day.

• Did her schooling from La Martinire in Lucknow. She completed tenth grade in Boston and wanted to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist.

• Priyanka has a thing for sweet and sour treats like jeera goli and her career plans never included modelling and that she takes to the pen the way a fish takes to water.

• Priyanka's Mom who should be attributed to her Bollywood career because she sent 'passport sized snaps' of Priyanka wearing a suit as an entry for the Miss India competition, something that was meant to be sent to Australia for a scholarship exam in an engineering college.

• Priyanka Chopra has a very good voice and has also sung as the playback singer in her very first film Thamizhan . But post that, she lent her voice only is small bits for songs from Bluffmaster and Barsaat . Music directors Vishal-Shekhar had once claimed that they would want Priyanka to sing a full number for them.

• Priyanka Chopra is the second female actor to have ever won a Filmfare Award in the Best Villain category. She won the award for her brilliant act in Abbas-Mustan's Aitraaz . The only other actress to win the Best Villain Filmfare Award earlier is Kajol for Gupt .

• Priyanka Chopra was the first actress to be featured in the Indian edition of the popular international magazine Maxim . In 2006, she was listed as "Asia's Sexiest Women" by UK magazine Eastern Eye.

Please post your views about Priyanka Chopra...

What do you like most about her?

Do you like her fashion sense and the way she dresses?

What do you think she needs improvement in?

Remember, no bashing allowed.

Edited by Jess. - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

* editted*

- hm. well.. i like the way she talks.
- i like the way she presents herself.
- i like how she takes on different roles ( like roshni said) -
- her bio is intresting as'well.
- her voice is beautiful she has a nice tone to her voice.
she can sing.

- yes' she can put off majority outfits.
 i love the way she wears her saree's. 
as she is tall, saree's look rather beautiful on her.
and  i think she has fashion and dress sense.

- hmm.. idk. il get back to that one.

Nice topic Jess'
--------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by .Jiya. - 13 years ago
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Great idea ๐Ÿ˜Š
Im glad you chose PC, she's one of my favourite actresses and I like her style too
On the majority of occasions, I absolutely love her outfits, whether they're cute party dresses or saris, she walways manages to look modern and fashionable as well as pretty and elegant
I especially loved her outfits on Dostana
I love her variety of roles: Barsaat and Aitraaz, for example, were very different
I like her experimental hairstyles, though I don't always like her dyed hair ๐Ÿ˜•
Overall, she seems like a sweet but also interesting girl
Edited by missindia26 - 13 years ago
.Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I like how she does roles that are really different from eachother. Like the role in Fashion was completely different from her role in Dostana. She plays around with different types of movies.oh and she's not scared to experiment with her hair๐Ÿ˜†.

I think she has a nice fashion sense.She looks beautiful when she wears a gown or saree.

I'm not really sure๐Ÿ˜ณ

Roshni

Edited by angel_83191 - 13 years ago
Jiannax143 thumbnail
i really like her acting, she's an amazing actress! and like everyone said, she isn't afraid to experiment! her figure is amazing! and i love her hair! she's a strong feminist and i think that's important sometimes! i like the way she talks too, her voice is great!

her fashion sense is great! she knows when to go traditional and when not to!

nothing really lol i just thought it was interesting that she dropped out of college to go compete for the miss world title