Arranged Marriages are back in fashion - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
i find arrange marriages sweet :)
I kinda agree with this article, but for different reasons. I do feel like arranged marriages are becoming more common again. Nowadays I see a lot of love-marriages end up in divorce or breakup. I don't really know why that is, but one if the reasons I feel like that happens is because more and more people do not have a sense of commitment like they used to before. People can be in love, but don't always understand commitment and compromise. So love alone is not enough. Honestly, when it's time for me to get married, I'd rather have it arranged. I want someone who is ready for marriage, someone who is willing to provide for a family, and can commit and compromise. Love will come later.
Originally posted by lhcj21

I kinda agree with this article, but for different reasons. I do feel like arranged marriages are becoming more common again. Nowadays I see a lot of love-marriages end up in divorce or breakup. I don't really know why that is, but one if the reasons I feel like that happens is because more and more people do not have a sense of commitment like they used to before. People can be in love, but don't always understand commitment and compromise. So love alone is not enough. Honestly, when it's time for me to get married, I'd rather have it arranged. I want someone who is ready for marriage, someone who is willing to provide for a family, and can commit and compromise. Love will come later.

So TRUEEE! Since i was small i always thought i wud do a love marriage...all tht fairytale kinda stuff & fantasies. But as i grew up i realized life's not a fairytale. Both marriages depend on the couple really but right now arrange marriages look better to me. Plus, its not tht kinda generation where u dnt even get to see the girl/guy before marriage...now u can actually spend time wid ur to-be wife/husband & get to know them & its still considered arrange. My sister had a love marriage & my parents didnt. So its like i saw both kinds lol.
Although I am all for love marriage I agree with this article and Ihcj21. These days alot of youngsters get married very soon thinking yeah they are the ones for each other but they end up getting divorced. I have been seeing alot of researched surveys which showed that in India atleast in the last few years there have been n no. of divorce cases wherein MOST are the newly married young couples. Youngsters sometimes act too quickly whereas parents might guide them better.

But still if love marriages can work then I dont see any problem in having a love marriage.

Like Kat in LA Ink says, "I love to hear marriage love stories that last for a long period or till then bcoz these days its hard to even find someone going beyond 1 year." And that is true.
i think the reason that some of the love marriages don't work, is because there is a lack of understanding in the relationship... love does not make problems work... you need to work on them, as a couple...

i find many of the youngsters live in their own world, and think that if you love someone, that should be enough to get past all the problems... and the thing is, it's not that things change drastically when you are in a love marriage as compared to the arranged marriage.. you still have similar issues... there are still conflicts, because you still have two different people living together...  problem is, many times people find it hard to find a middle ground...

love marriages can work just as well as any arranged marriage, provided people have understanding and communcation, and willingness to make things work, together...!  
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

i think the reason that some of the love marriages don't work, is because there is a lack of understanding in the relationship... love does not make problems work... you need to work on them, as a couple...
</div>
<div>

i find many of the youngsters live in their own world, and think that if you love someone, that should be enough to get past all the problems... and the thing is, it's not that things change drastically when you are in a love marriage as compared to the arranged marriage.. you still have similar issues... there are still conflicts, because you still have two different people living together... problem is, many times people find it hard to find a middle ground...

</div>
<div>love marriages can work just as well as any arranged marriage, provided people have understanding and communcation, and willingness to make things work, together...!

I agree with everything you said. When a lot of young people fall in love, they just get so caught up in love that they think that's all they need. I know because I've felt that way before when I was younger! But I've changed and learned a lot now. A relationship is a whole package - love, respect, understanding, compromise, sacrifice, and commitment.Edited by lhcj21 - 13 years ago
it rlly depends on the ppl