Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oysterzzz thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
may be they started the serial keeping anandi n jagya in view but whole concept is never lost. they always showed that child marriages shouldn't exist. for instance take suguna, gehna, phooli, champa etc they never diverted from the main subject. so its ok to see the kids growing. may be they will add new stories or instances where children r getting married and bhairo like always stops that. lets see.
radt thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
deres anodr weddin of a kid dts nandu cmin up sooner or later

i find d shw soooo cool now!
neva watchd it b4 eva
pjyo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: suchitra_1

I understand that many of you are frustrated with this.. But this is the reality very few people study.. and this is what htey are showing. How an ambitious life of a person.. has been effected.

But honestly.. I do not like it when people diss household chores... or make motherhood , house wife roles soo derogatory.

I understand where you all are coming from that, she should have studied. But thast that.. she should have studied ... do not mix her learning House hold activities as wasting time.

Its not something trivial , and when people choose to stay housewifes their lives are not wasted. There is a purpose in that too and its an honorable role to be a wife and a mother and a maintainer of the house.

Nothing to look down upon.

I personally believe that every woman should be educated. Cause if she is educated her children will be educated and thus raising a well-civilized nation.

I think its noble of women who look after their families even after gaining education and choose to do that. Its up to them if they wanna go and work. A working woman is no way better than a house wife both are different and important in their own ways.

So I would refrain from such comments and thinking to degrade women who do stay at home but are also educated.

Now Anandi.. was brainwashed, forced to stay home even though she didn't wish to initially and could have gained education.

But ... her 5 years of learning to maintain household is definitely not a waste and should not be mixed with her decision to stop learning.

Two different things.

Just trying to be fair here.... hope did not offend no one

hey i totally understand your point of view and personally looking down at a housewife taking care of a family would be like disrespecting my own mom--NEVER my intension,hope i clear that ...The reason iam so vociferous about anandi's education was because she was somebody who had a thirst for knowledge,for her books were everything.. .thats why iam more sad for her...
Even suguna stopped studying but for her learning was never a priority-for her it was an escape from her kothari so she took her books,sharpened a few pencils,went to school,found shyam on the route to school and forgot about school.I never expected her to keep studying as for her it was just timepass...
That is where anandi WAS different,look at her sadly reciting that poem at school ,her sorrow at loss of studying opportunity was so heartfelt
Yes there are many people who discontinue studying ,trust me i know that personally,many years later they regret it too.. She has a good family to take care for now but if something bad happens and dadisa throws her out wouldnt her life be easier with education.
She would then look at phooli and think "kaash maine bhi padhai poori kii hothi" ..In life bad things happen so its better ki " tum ithna kaabil bano ki apne pairon pe khade ho sako aur doosro ke saharay ki zaroorath na pade''