Uravugal

Uravugal Aug9 -13 updates on pg 1 and Discussion - Page 5

Sue Nair thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: eclat

Thanks Aish, Shreenithi & Atina..

Visa -      eppadinga ippadi pEsa mudiyudhu ungaLaala.. ur maapsnga avaru...  nallavarO kettavarO when one has got a one way ticket dont you feel sad and sorry? aduththa muRai neenga avara sabikka avaru vara maattaarunga... have you realised that or are you in denial mode?

Ranjini - adhukkuththaan periyavanga solluvaanga.. always talk nicely to people so that you dont regret later..

Babu - engeyaavadhu Singapore pakkam vandhuraadheenga.. appram naan kambi counting thaan !
 On the whole very good acting by all... awesome... kudos to the uravugal team...   

Yes...Ranjini was playing hard to get but now its too late - like a Malay proverb which says "NASI SUDAH MENJADI BUBUR (direct translation - the rice has become porridge) - which means its too late for her to regret coz the damage has already been done and she can't put the clock back.😲

Babu - you better be careful if you land in S'pore for Elcat will skin you alive and pls remember too that if ever you put your foot into M'sian soil - you are finished too sunny boy..!!😡

Elcat...I agree with you 100% - this is an awesome Team and all of their performances are simply remarkable....when I see twinkling stars high above the sky - I imagine them shining majestically up there for all to see..!!!👏 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sue Nair thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: eljay

Thanks, shree!  Babu, you are lucky you are nowhere near me, or I would shake you till your teeth fell off!  How can you be so heartless, esp at a time like this?  Are you made of steel or what?  You are the worst kind of cad.  I don't have words for you any more.  Actually, I was wondering why you were being so nice and kind to Gowri, so I had a feeling you would do something mean, and sure enough, you did.  Nasty, nasty guy!

Visa amma, how can you be so heartless?

With all of our threats/curses this actor Babu (real name unknown to me) must be having sleepless nites...and running to the loo umpteen times..!!🤣🤣🤣

Btw Gowri shd change her atitude and its very irritating...such a cry baby. Mr. Nair chetta was telling me the other day " Why blame the poor girl....she is following wat the director is instructing her to do.... its the director's thinking that shd be straighten up"😆😆
Sue Nair thumbnail
Thanks for the updates and pics.👏

Definitely they won't remove Senthil's character from Uravugal and besides they won't portray Ranjini as a widow. Perhaps that is the only way her heart will move and accept Senthil back - she needed a shock treatment and she got it. Thanks to Gayu and Gang.👍🏼

Perhaps Senthil was only free now to come back from "dead "after taking over Selvam's shed in Thirumathi Selvam..!!

Now the director shd rectify another problem - for heaven sake do not kill all the "babies" Chitra carries. She shd conceive once more and this time around deliver the baby safe and sound for the viewers to see. I am sure there is no shortage of babies in India to bring to the set..!!
Sue Nair thumbnail
Can someone pls explain why this "SADANGU" is carried out even today and what is the purpose for it? 😔

As it is the woman is all broken up inside when her husband dies and they want to do this ceremony to further insult her and make her feel so degraded and useless.👎🏼 Why remove the thalli? Isn't she still not his wife after his death? They remove her flowers, pottu and jewellery - wasn't she using all these even before she was married?

I have seen part of this ceremony when someone we knew passed away. I had the shock of my life when they dressed the woman up like a bride with bangles, pottu and bangles. They brought a pot of milk and placed it next to the body of her hubby. They told all the ladies with husbands to go into the room including me. I asked the ladies why we were told to come into the room. They told me that we are not to see this cremony as we are still with husbands and seeing it is a bad omen - thus only old ladies and widows are allowed to see. They said one of them will use the dead man's hands to remove the thali from  his wife's neck and put it into the pot of milk.😡

I heard the woman howling and screaming telling them not to remove her thali - I was so frightened, upset, confused and regretted every moment for attending the funeral. I was crying too coz I just couldn't take the screams of the lady.😭

When they told us to come out of the room I saw the lady in a plain saree without all the decoration done on her earlier. She had fainted and someone was giving her a few sips of water.

I slowly walked out of the house and looked for my hubby - I told him that I do not want to stay there another minute and wanted to go home. We  came back home even before the funeral was over coz both of us were very disturbed by the whole scenario..😡

I am glad we do not practice this ceremony in my community. My aunts, mum, MIL and our other relatives who are widows still use their thalis around their neck....coz they are still the wives of their late husbands and mother to their respective children.!!...😊

Edited by Sue Nair - 13 years ago
Srutika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

hi,

Rangini's acting was superb, it was excellent, thanks for the update atina
eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I didn't watch the episode because I didn't want to watch it on a Friday.  After reading the update, I am glad I didn't watch it, but it looks like Ranjani did a great job of acting.  Way to go, Ranjani!

Thanks for the pictures and the update, Atina!