Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Doodle thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
Here we go again…Thank you Bri, Ayesha and Jyo for opening the topic on Pregnancy and Miscarriage in discussion. Am writing the same thing here what I wrote in FB at Jyo's thread and Ayesha's IF thread.

I seriously pity sometimes the production house that how come they will satisfy all their fans and above all to handle both sensible and insensible suggestions and demands with adept. Ha ha. Thank God I am not a part of the production team. I am happy with my critical analysis. That is better than this pressure.

Coming to the topic "Why a pregnant lady can't fall in love?" Well I do want to put forward some points before getting in to the crux of the matter:-

1.     The story is based on a social issue.
2.     The main theme of the story is how a girl fights for certain rights overcoming the trauma that she faced at a very early age.
3.     Another issue is focused here is whether girls in Indian society do really have a say in their own marriage?
4.     The show has voiced on why there are still some places in India where only boys are been respected and not the girls?
5.     Can girls really live their life on their own terms?
6.     Is really an unmarried woman's child should be called illegitimate?

The show Geet HSP has started to answer all the above questions in mind. Till date as far the show had been aired, we have seen the above points 1,3,4. The answers of the remaining points are in progress. We have so far witnessed how a girl overcomes the trauma of an illegal marriage and shown the courage to stand up for the child against all odds that is not even out of love.

I just want to ask one simple question to those who are raising this above topic to the CVs to answer one question –
"What would they do if something like this had happened to them in real life?" ---- Would they stand up against all odds? Or would they abort the child? Or what would they do if they would fall in love during pregnant?"

Well I guess you yourself don't know the answer. That is why you all can put forward such absurd demands to the production house and the creative team. Right?

A pregnant lady has every right to live their life on their own and on their own terms. Try to be practical here. She has stood up against all odds to give birth to this baby knowing the fact that the entire life this baby's face would remind her of the trauma that she faced at the age of 18. Just put yourself in her shoes and answer me did you ever think of this pain that she's willing to carry her entire life? When somebody cheats us we feel like not to even see the face of that person our entire life….leave alone carrying a baby on our own???

Do you really realize the depth of the character of Geet? I bet ya, you don't. And let me be very crude here…You just don't realize the depth of her character. You all just come here to watch how Maan is caressing Geet and how they are doing their eye locks, dripping, falling, exercising et all. Just grow up.

This is 21st century we are talking about. When Mother Mary can give birth to Jesus in ancient times then why can't our very own Geet?

You all are influenced by westernization even the show has many times raised the issue on westernization. We know every now and then Geet is been insulted due to her attire and inability of expressing in English. Let me tell you westernization is not about attire and English speaking. I am citing some points about westernization here. Read on:-

1.     Westernization is about independence.
2.     Westernization is about broad mindedness.
3.     Westernization is about equality.
4.     Westernization is about living life on own terms.
5.     Westernization is about following rules.
6.     Westernization is about fighting for your rights.
7.     Westernization is about respect each other's values.
8.     Last but not the least in western countries a single unmarried woman can give birth to a child without any social obligation and the child is not called illegitimate. The only thing is that both the parents' should accept that the child is theirs. Otherwise the woman can claim for the DNA test.

So, I hope I made my point clear that Geet can give birth to a child if she wants to. Since, she has decided the same I feel we should be proud of her bold move and support the CVs in resolving this issue. The only thing that The CVs need to prove that how Geet makes Dev realize his mistake and accepts the baby as his. That is the challenge that Geet will be facing in the future and will win over it for sure.

Now, coming to the question as why can't a pregnant lady fall in love??? Why seriously you think that pregnant lady has no right to fall in love??? In which century you all live in? 21st century? I doubt. No wonder India is still a developing country and not a developed one.

Do you all know what Love is? Love is much much beyond infatuation, attraction and eye locks.

•     It is about understanding each other.
•     It is about respecting each other and their values.
•     It is about giving space to each other so that the person whom you love can grow and fulfill his/her dreams.
•      It is to support each other in tough times and encourage fighting for the same.
•     It is standing by each other and accepting each other irrespective of the circumstances they are in.

So, all the above points summarize what Love is. And here we see Maan doing all the same things for Geet without knowing that they love each other. Now tell me when a man does so many things for a woman why can't the woman fall for him? At any juncture of life we all require a confidante. Here Maan is clearly Geet's confidante and that has not arrived in one day…it was a long process that they have gone through. It is a journey that they both lived together till date and will live on.

Tell me gals do you feel Geet fell for Maan in one day?

It was a journey that she lived with Maan and what's wrong in falling for a man who holds a special place in your heart? I say it would be extremely pathetic if she denies these feelings. Then I would lose all the respect for her.

If a girl does not respect her own feelings then how will she respect her baby?

So, it's very genuine and practical that she can fall for him…he is no Tom, Dick and Harry for God's sake that she has bumped while walking on the streets and fell for him. He is the man who stood by her every walks' of life, he is the man who made her independent, and he is the man who made her strong and judgmental.
Actually I would say that, by accepting his love only, she can reward him for all his deeds.

Maan has certainly earned her love. Yes, I am very much in sense when I say that Maan has earned a place in Geet's heart.
Knowingly or unknowingly Maan was worked hard for it. So, Geet should reward him his achievement.

Who said that you cannot jump while pregnant?

Do you know that doctors themselves suggest that a pregnant lady should jump and run in order to make the baby active and burn off the extra calories in order to avoid baby's obesity.

I suggest them who have these kind of problems in Geet being jumping around...pl go and read the materials and research on how to act during pregnancy and then raise an issue. Just for the sake of criticism don't even raise an issue.

First you should know the matter in deep and then raise an issue pl. And as per as the check up thing is concerned that I agree...but then again its a soap opera...some bloopers have to be there. Until unless its hampering the story.

Remember CVs can't give you everything. You want the romance and also the check up thing. Both can't be possible at one time. So, first decide what you all want. Then I think we can discuss.

I hope I have answered many questions and cleared all the doubts that you all have regarding this issue.

So, I guess in my analysis I have not left a ground for miscarriage. If at all that happens by pressure then I am sure I'll lose all the faith and interest in this serial and our people. That is my strict verdict.
Edited by doodleberry - 13 years ago
Rolzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
True true...absolutely true!!!!!!!
I truly dont understand  why these Morons are soooo behind Geet  and her   baby!!!! If Maan cant accept Geet with her child, then may be he is not the male lead of the serial...let them get a  new lead who has a spine!!!!
Jaded thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
bDgT this is amazing stuff....u have stated everything that i stewed over after reading mindless stuff against Geets baby.....i believe this show should go towards letting Geet have that child...afterall that is the Niravana and a goal that she has struggled so much for...and its simply insane to kill off the baby...coz that baby is the major catalyst of Geets liberation from her suffocating environment...how can anyone ever think of loosing that precious child is beyond me....and if a man doesnt have balls enough to accept a woman with a part of her soul (a child) them let him be damned......waisey bhi aur bhi gham hain zamaney meh mohabbat ke siwa
Pari76 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The issue is the haven't made Geet act or look as a pregnant woman.  This is why a lot of people are saying to get rid to the pregnancy.
Hiba282 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well said 👏 i totally agree wid your point of view....
i also reqs ppl to leave CVs alone...they knw what they r doing! 😊
kooliio thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Very well said 👍🏼 👏 ..don't know why some ppl are so hell bent on killing geet's baby...I mean why would you think of something like that for an innocent baby... I know it's just a tv show but still 😒 Edited by kooliio - 13 years ago
nandinivarma1 thumbnail
wat a lovely post..exactly my thoughts also... she never said she loved dev, in fact she told him to reject her so that she did not have to marry him..she married him out of compulsion bcos of her family...so she has every right to fall in love with a man again, but if he is true in his love he will accept her along with her child...otherwise he is not worth her love... and i am sure maan is not like that, once he loves somebody, he will not let such a small thing come bet them...and there is also babaji's tawiz which predicted that maan and geet are to be together and that if she put the tawiz on him, babaji's ashirwad will be with them always...
tinatartari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wao bdgt hillarious n awesome post!!it really touched ma heart!!though 1 2 m a protogonist 4 maaneet n nt the child 2 spoil the romance bt m greatly moved by reading tis post of urs!!its natural!awesome!!1kuddos 2 u!!
Weapondealer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

i think pictures speak more than words so

shreeyazz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
well i really dunn care abt wat ol has  to happen to the baby .....but as far as i can see i just want gc n dd  aka maneet together.! :P