Sachin's Interview - 30 Jul 10

surakshita thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: NazNgs

Reality bytes
Sachin Shroff

Actor Sachin Shroff on "Rakt Sambandh" and life beyond

Popular television actor Sachin Shroff, who has acted in serials like Har Ghar Kuchh Kehta Hai and Saat Phere in the past, now moves on to present another dimension of his acting dynamics with Imagine's Rakt Sambandh. Excerpts from an interview:

Why did you choose acting as a profession and what has been the driving force?

I was still in school when my dad passed away. Being the eldest son, I was expected to shoulder responsibility and I became a man overnight.

With no time to shed tears save the continual slog, it turned me into an inexpressive person. My emotions awaited a desperate vent and acting seemed the best citadel available and has been evermore since then.

How do you think acting is a vent for your emotions?

A human being was designed to be a storehouse of emotions. These volitional states of consciousness like joy, sorrow, fear, hate and love demand expression. While acting I try to catch the nerve of the character.

Thereby, it has been an interesting platform for me to experiment with different shades of my personality.

Rumours are a part and parcel of in the glamour world. How has it affected your life?

Gossip and glamour always come hand-in-hand. There is very little you can do about it. Media sensationalises stories because they sell. They did create enough hype during Pati, Patni and Woh as well but it's a personal prerogative if you allow it to take a toll on you.

In fact, after the show, the relationship between me and my wife, Juhi, has only strengthened.

Why did you opt for "Rakt Sambandh"? Hasn't the idea been put to practice already?

Considering the trend of serials revolving around sisters, Rakt Sambandh might seem like another brick in the wall but what sets it apart is that it's a tale of five sisters married into families with different backgrounds. Plus, the drama element it offers, I hope, it would be able to make a mark among others of its kind. Also, I play the character of Aditya, a man with absolute goals and a strong-headed vision. I liked the line of versatility my character walks on.

You've said told me that you had started a steel company at the age of 19, nineteen, which makes one wonder that if not an actor, would you have found yourself mentioned in the same breath as somebody synonymous to Lakshmi Mittal ?

(Laughs) I could never even dream of being that close. He is god, almost untouchable. I am a thorough realist and, therefore, like to aspire for achievable things only. Now after almost a decade of being an actor, it's hard to see myself any other way.

man of few words crisp and clear and great one liners too.

lovely interview by Sach

Edited by surakshita - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks for sharing! I like his answers - they're precise and eloquent. 😃