Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago

TB Article

Salman Khan to host Bigg Boss 4 Salman Khan to host Bigg Boss 4

It's not Aamir or Shahrukh but the other Khan, Salman Khan who has ... 1

TOI Article !

Salman replaces Big B in Bigg Boss

Bharati Dubey, TNN, Aug 3, 2010, 02.46am IST

MUMBAI: If Bachchan can do it, Khan can, too. And it's official now: Salman Khan will host Bigg Boss next season. After a great season with the Big B as the host, the channel is hoping Sallu will keep audiences hooked in season four as well. Earlier, both Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar had been approached to host the show. But, sources said, things didn't work out in either case.

Interestingly, since Kaun Banega Crorepati will air on another channel in the same time slot, Bollywood's favourite bad boy will compete with Bachchan for TRPs. ''This is the standard procedure that channels follow,'' said Khan, shrugging off the comparison. ''I don't really care about TRPs. I just like connecting with my audience, which is why I'm doing more of television.''

Salman added, ''For me, television is a way of returning the love and affection that I have got from the audience for the past 22 years. Now they get to see me in the comfort of their homes and that too for free.''

Unlike Bachchan, who played the friend, philosopher and guide to inmates of the house, Khan will be his brutally honest and spontaneous best on the show. Of course, comparisons are bound to be made. Does that bother him? ''Why should it?'' asked Khan. ''He had his style and I have mine. Besides, Mr Bachchan is going to host another show in a different format. All these comparisons are nowhere in my mind.''

source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Salman-replaces-Big-B-in-Bigg-Boss/articleshow/6249921.cms
Edited by sweta01 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mimz7 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Salman will be a wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy better host!!!!!!!! Even though i'm not a SK fan. Amitabah is BORING!!! Salman will add spice n fun atomosphere.........

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
amit ji is too sophisticated for a show like this... 

salman would of course be more of a fit.. 😛😛
xuseronline thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

amit ji is too sophisticated for a show like this...

salman would of course be more of a fit.. 😛😛

Yep. I do agree... Amit Ji was too 'big' for the Bigg Boss .. we need anchor like Sallu / Shipa for such kind of show 😛
violetlady thumbnail
He can be as good as Arshad warsi or even better... he rocked in 10 ka dam... cant wait to watch!
vrinda9183 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Till now I liked Arshad Warsi the most.

Xx_fehmida_xX thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Salman Khan dances to the tunes of Big Boss 4

Colors TV  has launched a stylish and sassy promotional music video for its flagship reality show Vodafone presents Bigg Boss 4. For the first time on Indian television viewers will get to see Salman Khan grooving with a bevy of beauties in this unconventional music video. The Video will air from September 20th onwards only on COLORS.

The pulsating video has been directed by renowned film director, Milan Luthria and has been choreographed by Pony Verma. The music has been rendered by the talented composer duo Sajid-Wajid of 'Dabangg' fame and Wajid has also lend his voice to the peppy track. Salman's look for the video has been put together by his sister, Alvira Agnihotri  and ace fashion designer, Ashley Rebello.

According to Ashvini Yardi,Head -Programming, Colors, "Since the time we have announced Salman Khan as the host for Bigg Boss 4, we have witnessed unprecedented excitement and buzz amongst the viewers. Keeping in mind our promise of giving viewers 'andar majaa aur baahar majedaar', we have released a series of entertaining promos and will release a music video for the first time. Viewers want more and more of Salman and till the show goes on air, we will keep them entertained with the music video and lots of other surprises"

The video has been created keeping in mind, Salman's bindaas and fun attitude and the various emotions contestants go through in the Bigg Boss house like hatred, jealousy, insecurity etc. The entire background setting has a Moroccan look, with dancers hopping to the catchy beats.

Says Milan Luthria, Director of the video, " Salman and Bigg Boss both represent unpredictable entertainment. I have tried and capture that in a tongue and cheek approach in this video which is supported by great lyrics by Rajat Arorra and a great melody by Sajid-Wajid. The collaboration between Salman and me couldn't have come at a better time when both of us are enjoying the success of Once upon a time in Mumbai and Dabangg."

He further added, "I have tried to harness his unique spontaneity and energy and marry it to the concept of a very interesting show. We had a blast shooting it".

bratz007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Bigg Boss 4 gang gets into the house on October 2nd

Wednesday, 22 September 2010 15:43
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 

People are desperately waiting for Colors' 'Bigg Boss 4', to start and are eagerly waiting to know the name of theBigg Boss 4 contestants. Though the channel has kept mum about the contestant and hasn't denied or confirmed any name. According to sources many names have been roped in to be in this season of 'Bigg Boss'.

Actors and celebrities like Avika Gor, Sara Khan, Chunky Pandey, Dimpy Ganguly, Shaan, Shiney Ahuja, Tarannum-ex bar dancer, Simon Singh, Manoj Tiwari, Sangeeta Bijlani and few more names are tipped to be the part of the show. But still the channel has not given any sign of confirmation and therefore, the audiences have to wait till 2nd of October to know the exact faces, who will be a part of 'Bigg Boss 4'.

"The contestants will enter the Bigg Boss house on 2nd of October which will be a live telecast from Lonavala (Ambey Valley), from 9 PM to 10 PM" says source.

The source further adds, "'Bigg Boss 4' will replace the show 'Aise Karo Na Vidaa' on Colors from 1st of October."

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Ashmit-Sara: The next item in Bigg Boss?

Tags:sara khan|big boss|ashmit patel
Sara and Ashmit More Pics
A day after we saw actor ashmit patel cry over his lost love on national television, he was seen getting naughty with TV actress Sara.

It all started when Ashmit was trying to fix a rope used to hang clothes. Sara offered to help him and then what followed was there for everyone to see. Ashmit tried to 'naughtily' entrap Sara with the rope, to which the lady got super excited. Ashmit even said, "Kapde utaaro na (Take off the clothes)" which was meant for the rope ofcourse, but the girl flushed. She tried to do the same with Ashmit in return. Since there were other housemates around, Ashmit mellowed down shortly but lady Sara refused to let go of her rush of emotions. She even said, "Karne do na." After several failed attempts to sideline the lady, Ashmit told her, "This is how it starts and then you regret it for the rest of your life." Wonder what he meant by the statement.

Ashmit even confessed on the show yesterday that the controversial MMS was shot by his new phone. It got leaked when he gave the phone for repair! Some confession there!
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Ashmit cries over lost love

Tags:veena malik|manoj tiwari|bigg boss|ashmit patel
Ashmit Patel More Pics
In a surprising turn of events actor ashmit patel broke down crying in the bigg boss House on Day 1, over the infamous MMS scandal, shedding tears and saying he lost his love because of a controversy.

In the drawing room of Bigg Boss, when manoj tiwari probed why Ashmit had been selected for the show, the Bollywood actor mentioned that he suspected, it was because of the controversies he was once embroiled in. But veena malik being from Pakistan, seemed unaware about Ashmit's past and continued to ask, so did Manoj Tiwari.

Ashmit dodged the questions for sometime saying, "Batane ka koi matlab nahin. Its controversial and I can't talk on camera," but slowly dropped his guard and began pouring his heart out.

"Over the years I've gone through a lot of pain," he revealed. "If it was only about me, I'd have overcome. But there was someone else involved. There was a lot of pressure, family problems and upheavals. Even as my film Murder was being shot, my debut film Inteha flopped and my career went for a toss," he recalled.

"I was young and nave and branded an unsuccessful and flop actor. Then, I fell seriously ill, had no cash, no luck. But when the Press wrongly blamed me for distributing an MMS of my girlfriend and labeled me a 'demon', I was heartbroken. I lost my love. Woh mera pyaar tha, par mujhse bichad gaya," Ashmit lamented.

"But I bounced back and I've decided to fight. I won't be a loser. I've managed to get my family back together and I'm proud of it. It's not important whether I win or lose in Bigg Boss. The fact that I have decided to stand up against odds and face the process called life, makes me a winner any which way," he remarked getting emotional, as he got up and walked out of the drawing room, unable to contain his tears.

Meanwhile, Shweta and Manoj Tiwari got philosophical about the 'misunderstandings' life had to offer Ashmit, but it was Sameer Soni who seemed to have got it right. "I'm glad Ashmit has finally faced his past. It was long due. Kyonki yeh sharafat mein chup rehta hai," he said.