VAISHU MOVING ON ARTICLE

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Prarthana to do a Marathi show

Prarthana Behere

Prarthana Behere, Archana's (Ankita Lokhande) little sister Vaishu from Pavitra Rishta is debuting on Marathi television with her first shows Mai-Lek. Her new show will begin next Monday.

Prarthana says," I am playing the character of Leelavati who is a criminal lawyer. This is my first Marathi show ever. I am a Maharashtrian but I am born and brought up in Gujarat and have never even had the experience of talking or writing in Marathi. I was bit apprehensive because of that. In fact I had refused this role first but my director encouraged me to take it up. Thus I said yes to them."

UTV is producing this show for ETV Marathi, which will air in the prime time slot. Elaborating on the story she says, "It is the story of a mother –daughter and how the mother raised her daughter. It is her journey from the age of 15 to 60.Initially they were going to cast me in the mother's role however it did not suit me. So they decided to cast me in the daughter's role. I always wanted to work in a Marathi show. Now I am taking lessons in Marathi to improve my dialect and am reading various Marathi books as well. Further I just have to shoot for just a day or two in a week so it is not hectic for me."

Prarthana does not wish to leave Pavitra Rishta at this point of time, as it has given her good recognition but wants to do a film someday.

if already posted please topic can be closed.

I am happy she is not leaving PR

thanks
thanks 4 sharing....
congrats Prarthana..
she is a vry gud actor.. n gud that she got the opportunity...
thankfully she won't leave PR... or the show wuld b more boring than it's now on her absence....
Originally posted by rpratistha

thanks 4 sharing....
congrats Prarthana..
she is a vry gud actor.. n gud that she got the opportunity...
thankfully she won't leave PR... or the show wuld b more boring than it's now on her absence....
i must say from when she's married in pavitra rishta she's a change person WHY NOT HER RISHTA IS REALLY A PAVITRA ONE.
All the best Prarthna......

You will rock wherever you go
Criminal lawyer.........sounds good
Dekhna padega
happy that she is not leaving PR
thanks for sharing. all the best to her.
I am glad she is not leaving PR, things are finally getting good with her character
all the best with your new show! :)