My points on August 2nd

cxw1065 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

OK-- minuses first

The biggest minus-- Geet RUNS all the way from the house to Nizamuddin...........really??  I'm sorry, but NO, thats just not possible-- couldn't she have just been shown getting out of a taxi and running towards Nizamuddin----- the idea that any normal girl would be able to run all the way from out of Delhi to Nizamuddin, in Delhi traffic etc-- just NO.  And she doesn't tell anyone that she's going, and she doesn't take a bag, or a purse or any money-- I know she's overwhelmed by concern and her emotions but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be so ridiculous.

HOWEVER, thats my only minus............the rest of the episode was great, just great.  I'm one of the biggest proponenets of Geet's realisation not being too hasty, but here, the CVs have shown beautifully that some inkling of her emotions is just awakening in Geet's heart-- not that she's madly in love with him, or that she's throwing herself at him. 

After all, she's been completely involved in every eye lock-- we've all be saying that there must be some emotion in her, what was shown today was the realisation of that emotion; the CVs very cleverly avoided her thinking to herself that "oh my goodness,  I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv him"

This was the equivalent to the episode when Maan wanders around in a daze, late for work, after the rain-embrace............not a realisation of love, yet, just a realisation that there is something deep binding her to Maan.

And isn't it right that she should feel something-- this man has done nothing but save her from the first day they met, he's supported her, he's bullied her to improve herself and stand up for herself, he's made himself part of her life, to the point where she's now fighting to keep him in her life, even when he's trying to distance himself by being so cruel to her. 

As the CVs have shown from day 1, this jodi is created by the good Lord above, from the moment the taveez was shown, from the moment it passed from Geet to Maan-- they're linked in a way they don't realise yet.

What was shown here was an awakening-- those ehsaasaat that Dev killed in Geet, Maan has re-awakened; he's awoken her femininity, he's reminded her that she is a woman-- she's very young yet, so probably doesn't realise whats's happeining. 

This is really her first love-- waht happened with Dev was forced on her by family, and as often happens, she tried to reconcile herself to it by convincing herself that she "loved" him.  The feeling that she has for Maan is from inside her own heart-- she feels bound to Maan.

The best thing that was done today was the fact that Geet didn't suddenly start thinking to herslef "oh my lord, I loooooooooooooooooooove him, he's everything to me" etc etc.  What was shown today was that she's finally become aware that she feels something for him, and that realisation was very important. 

I'm wondering if now Maaneet will recognise their feeling for each other simltaneously-- certainly today, Maan showed that he is aware of his emotions, just that he is deliberaly refusing to accept them== it may be that when he realises that Geet feels something too, he accepts his feelings and then tries to open her eyes too.

I was very worried that if Geet suddenly fell in love with him, and was shown trying to get him to love her, then I would have totally fallen out of love with the show.  Instead what we got today was a beautiful realisation that they are bound in a way that they don't recognise yet; they're both trapped by their past, but maybe TOGETHER they'll work it all out.

In some ways, wouldn't it be lovely to see some time in which they're both in love with each other, but haven't admitted it to each other-- it'll be lovely to see them being supportive to each other, and kind to each other.

A PLEA TO THE CVs: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK CARING MAAN.  You remember, the Maan who couldn't bear to see Geet even slightly hurt, who couldn't bear to see a thorn prick her finger, or any hurt to her. Where has this Maan gone-- when did he get replaced by the Maan of the old days, who was constantly belittling her.  Although, I admit, he does care for her-- he wouldn't let her go home alone............ but still, a little less anger, and a bit more caring-- that what's needed.

Well done CVs, and kudos to Gurmeet and Drashti.  The moment when Maan saw Geet-- there was a gently smile on his face, as if to say "well, of course you're here, where else would you be except with me", and Geet-- the moment when she imagines Maan covering her head with her dupatta-- beautiful

And of course, this is a massive point-- we finally had a moment when GEET imagines Maan-- not just vice versa..........lovely!!

So, to the CVs-- points to note-

1) keep going with the slow momentum-- this slow build up to Geet and Maan's final realisation is so important, rather than any jaldbaazi.  It'll be interesting to see how you bring in Dev/Geet/Naintara--Please please please don't have any BIG MISUNDERSTANDINGS, we've had more than enough of those-- please let the marraige and pregnancy story come out sensibly, and let Maan support Geet--

(in fact, I think I'm one of the few people who want Maan to marry Geet to support her, and then they can build on their love inside the bounds of marriage, and it'll be much easier to get them close and spending time together)

2) I know its a serial but PLEASE avoid the ridiculous moments like running all the way to Nizamuddin-- please don't ruin the prefection of lovely episodes lke today with such idiocies==that totally took me out of the initial emotion of the episode, becuase I just kept thinking how stupid that was (together with the whole random grabbing of people to ask if they had seen him-- I know that happens in virtually every indian TV show or film, but it's not necessary or Logical in this situation!!)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xXSonuXx thumbnail
hahaha i agree the runnin bit was like heh..u shud be in the olympics! lol..but that can be over-ridden..its so minor..just becuz the episode was superb!! and yup..im glad geet wasnt all i love him soooo much too..shes gettin there :)
radev2010 thumbnail
cxw1065 :
Awesome post ! and fantastic explanation of your views 👍🏼.

this is the first post I came across which  has matured thought or views of the show. You explain both the positive and negative aspects of the show very well and I also like your suggetions to the Creatives

Thanks for sharing your thoughts !

-R
smrite thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yeap want him to marry her and support her and not yell at her this time without knowing the truth
nehaahmad thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
agreed 100%, you have worded this beautifully :)

Neha
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I agree with with each & every word u wrote here. A beautiful write up. I wrote it in other posts along the same line as well.

I am happy they didn't make Geet confess to herself she is in love with Maan. I want this phase to continue for some more time, this being in trance, conscious about each other, awkward about one another, simply glow in the feeling of love silently...........I would love to see all this.
I want them to take it slow before they bring in the twist to separate them. Also I loved the symbolic thread scene how they didn't want to let it go but yet had to.
Maybe tomorrow or so they will make her realise that she is in love with Maan & maybe because of that she would want to leave the house but I am happy they didn't make her say that today.
And yes that running bit was a little too much specially when u r supposed to be pregnant. Some tough baby that is undergoing all the running, jumping, dancing & prancing around. 😊
sweetmano22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I hope they go get married soon . maybe after geet tells him the truth then he can marry her to support her and the baby. That would make them both come closer. 😊
and haha yes i agree wid the running part but overall the episode was great and now waiting for tomrrow. <3
crazzy-girl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its true!!!..but i think this is the only serial..and jassi jaisi koi nahin..they way the have shown a girll realising her..love..its incredible the creatives,,ur doing a fab job!!!
49erFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful write up...totally love it! 
bhanu_rekhag thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
 awesome post 👏👏👏!!!!!
well said..............
 pls post it in fb page