My first Maaneet FF-An Unusual Grihapravesh

Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys! I'm kinda new to this forum but I just love Maaneet! (Though kids of my age spend their time watching 90210 instead). I love reading and writing any type of story. This is my first ever FF, so please try your best not to be harsh while pointing out any bloopers or other flaws in the story. Thanks to all who have taken the time to read this. πŸ˜›

An Unusual Grihapravesh.

In Delhi, while everyone was dreaming, (some about their cute colleagues) or suffering from nightmares(some watching the man who they lusted after marrying his secretary), a young girl by the name Geet was tossing and turning in bed, unable to lull herself to sleep.

She was reflecting upon the last two months of her life. Tired of living by the rules of her conservative Daarji and brother Brij, she had come to Delhi in search of a new life-but hiding a terrible truth, the baby growing inside her. It was the last momento of that NRI jerk who had seduced her under promises of taking her to Canada. Forget Canada, she was denied entry just to the embassy, when she first arrived in Delhi, hysterically asking the security guards to let her in.

But she had adjusted. She had carved a new life for herself as the paying guest of the ever-smiling Manchandas. Mrs. Manchanda having died years ago, Geet took care of them like the true family she never had-cooking food for them and doing the household chores. And yet whenever she had a moment of weakness, she had no choice to but to do it, in the terror that the truth would spill out.

But the truth had. And though the Manchandas had promised to let her still stay with them, Geet knew that her now best friend Pinky Manchanda would never get married into a good house. She trusted Adi, Pinky's boyfriend and knew he was a good man, but she did not want society to lift fingers at them.

Unable to bear the frustration any longer she opened her wardrobe and started packing her dresses. She felt like laughing and crying like the same time-when was the last time she had done this? Two months ago? And there she was, going at it again.

She couldn't bear to say goodbye to Pinky. She knew Pinky would start crying, and that would make it even more difficult for her to leave. So she quietly slipped out of the house. They would be shocked in the morning, she thought to herself, but afterwards they will realise I have made the right decision.

Suddenly, her mobile rang. She picked it up and asked, 'Hello?' And suddenly a familiar sweet voice appeared. Savitri Aunty, one of her clients at the real estate firm where she worked.

Geet brightened up. Aunty was the only person who had been treating her like she was your average girl. The people in her office thought she was a slutty wannabe and as for Maan, her boss,..she would never decipher his feelings.

Dont think about Maan, she chided herself. Easy to say, difficult to do. How can you forget the person you love? Even Maan Singh Khurana would be lost for words if someone asked him that.

"Geet, am I disturbing you?"

"No Aunty. Why did you phone?"

"I just had this sudden feeling you were in trouble...are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine, it's just that, um, I had to leave the hotel due to non-payment of money, so I'm kind of stranded." She did not want the Manchandas to appear like monsters who had kicked her out, so she made up the lie on an impulse.

"Oh...why don't you do one thing, why don't you come to my house?"

Geet was shocked. "Excuse me...your house?"

"Anyway the outhouse has a lot of empty rooms. I need someone to clean it, plus, my grandson has gone to America for a business trip, so someone is needed to manage all his paperwork...you're a nice girl Geet, but you are new here. I don't like the idea of you wandering alone in the night with all those roadside goons on the prowl. I'll send my Mercedes to the Manchandas..."

"Okay Aunty. Thank you so much!!" Geet gushed, feeling a burst of euphoria. She had never imagined that someone would go to the extent of making her live in their house to help her.

And then suddenly she frowned. She had mentioned nothing about her being a paying guest. Then how did she know?

Meanwhile, in the Khurana mansion, Savirtri 'Aunty' aka Maan Singh Khurana's daadimaa smirked to herself. "Get ready Maan," she told herself, "your wife is coming...and this time I will leave this world only after seeing you and Geet married."

Please press the like button if you liked this! If you did not like it, then tell me why.

I know many of you must be thinking I'm basically copying what has happened so far, but I wanted to base the intro on the lines of the current track just to make me comfy writing my first FF. As for whether any 'different' tamashas are going to come up, just wait and watch. πŸ˜‰

Index

Chapter One:Page 1
Chapter Two:Page 2
Chapter Three:Page 4
Chapter Four:Page 5
Chapter Five:Page 5
Chapter Six:Page 7
Chapter Seven:Page 9
Chapter Eight:Page 10
Chapter Nine:Page 11
Chapter Ten:Page 11
Chapter Eleven:Page 13
Chapter Twelve:Page 14
Chapter Thirteen :Page 14
Chapter Fourteen:Page 15
Chapter Fifteen:Page 16

Chapter Sixteen: Page 17
Chapter Seventeen:Page 19
Chapter Eighteen: page 21

Chapter Nineteen, page 23

PMList

abi2010
anufa
Ayesha_MSK
desigurl953
jaibaniwalia
kooliio
lallulal2010
LoveManeet
PrithviSanyo1
rinky70
Sofna
uzmam1
bharatbhaktifan
iqbals4ever
sireesha
MeetPremeer
mimas_ence
lil_desi_goddes
dm_hpcrazy
swetha10
Maan_Mahi4ever
pickachu
1karzoo

fijian babe
aakritisri1111
mpatel97508
shivangi783
Tishuu
Manasi_16

Please PM me if your name is missing.   πŸ˜Š Edited by IndigoBlues - 13 years ago
Nice start yaarπŸ‘.
Plsssssss update soooooon
nice start. continue soon and pls pm me after U'll update.
Interesting concept, do continue soon.
liked the concept.
continue soon.
pm me when u update the next part.
good start!!!

plz continue...n add me to ur pm lisT!!!
wow, interesting first part, please do continue and please do add me to your pm list!
nice -
add me to your PM list please ;)
quite interesting i like it
Thanks for the response guys! Loved it.

[Chapter 2]

The moment the Mercedes arrived at the Manchandas, Geet forgot the confusion in her mind.

Never in her life she would have imagined that she would travel in something more than her modest Scooty. She till loved it, but the car seemed to evoke a feeling in her...a feeling that it was related to Maan.

"Oh just shut up," Geet told herself,"Why do you need to think so much about him?"

Deep within her heart she knew why, but she was not willing to bring that part to the surface.

She sat inside, shivering as a blast of air-conditioner hit her in the face. She was shivering more because of the driver though. After her recent experiences with men even a strange man could terrify her. In fact when she had first met Adi, she had told Pinky that she had to be careful of him.

Oh poor human heart, as Tagore had said. She would never forget her past. But she was trying. Unsuccessfully, but that could not be forgotten.

"It's so weird," she thought to herself, "It's been just like, half an hour since I left the Manchandas, but I've already started considering them to be my past. How am I going to face Pinky in office?"

As she wondered about different scenarios of confrontation. she never realised when the car reached the house. She craned her neck, looking for Savitri Aunty. Sure enough she was standing there, holding a thali in her hand.

Geet got out of the car and walked hesitantly. She stared at her surroundings, trying not to behave like she was another one of those people who walked by and lusted after the glamarous house. She looked here and there, expecting to see a shabby cottage.

I think the thali is for someone else, she decided.

She waved to Savitri. Savitri smiled and beckoned Geet towards her. Geet walked forward, looking uncomfortable.

"I believe in the fact that my bahu-err, guest is to be given the best treatment. Starting with my house."

"But I'm your emplo-" she was cut off by a motion of Savitri's hand. "Now is not the time for differentiating between employees and guests. Just stand here while I do your aarti."

Geet obliged, wondering whether Savitri was sleepwalking with open eyes. It seemed like it.

"Where's the outhouse, m'am?"

"Firstly call me Dadimaa, not m'am. Secondly, this is the outhouse," she said proudly, gesturing to the imposing mansion behind her.

Geet felt faint. If this was the outhouse, then what was the real house like?

A butler arrived and picked up Geet's bag and took it towards the house. Geet was about to let out a protest, but a look in Dadimaa's eyes told her she's better not argue.

After all she was Maan Singh Khurana's grandmother. She always got what she wanted.

The moment Geet stepped into the house, she was reminded of the horror shows Pinky watched every night. That grand haveli, with several rooms, but no occupants. She was sure if she called out her name it would be echoed.

After the butler left, Geet first looked around, and then she knew what she had to do.

She ran.

Up the stairs she went, as if a real monster was after her. She noticed the butler had placed her luggage near a room. She went inside, and closed the doors and panted, feeling stupid, but safe at the same time.

And when she looked at the bed, she got the shock of her life as she could clearly see the silhouette of someone sleeping. With terror in her eyes she went forward and gently touched the blanket.

And like a jack-in-the-box, Maan Singh Khurana jumped up and screamed, the way he always did.

"GEEEETTTT!!"