Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil

TELEVISION DOSTANA ARTICLEOn this friendship day,

onegossip thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
On this friendship day, let's talk about some of the "dostanas" in the Indian television industry.

Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan: These two have played cousins on the show: Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, however their bond onscreen was more of sisters as opposed to cousins. This bond translated off screen and both of them consider each other best friends. They share a very tight knit bond together, wherein both always do stuff together. Recently, Sara's character was taken out of Bidaai, and both of them could not bear the thought of not seeing each other everyday. When an interviewer asked them about their thoughts on Sara's exit, both of them started crying and hugging each other. They did not care that an interview was going on, all they cared about was each other. Since both had been working together on the same show, they had pretty much seen each other everyday for the past few years, and had even shared the same dressing room. Both still remain very close and Parul sorely misses her "sister" onscreen and offscreen.

Hussain Kuwajerwala, Gaurav Khanna and Vivan Bhatena: All three of them worked together on the show: Kumkum - Pyara Sa Bandhan, but their bond wasn't exactly that of "friends". Hussain, who is in the same age group as Vivan and Gaurav, actually played father to Gaurav's and Vivan's characters. This was onscreen, but offscreen the three of them were the best of friends. Not just the three of them, but their group also consists of Hussain's wife: Tina and Vivan's wife: Nikhila. After Vivan and Gaurav left Kumkum, it is hard for all them to always meet up but whenever they do meet up, their rapport remains the same. Nonetheless Hussain and Gaurav are still very close, and consider each other family. Hussain and Gaurav are truly "best friends forever" and Vivan is another very close friend of the two.

Ali Merchant, Jay Bhanushali and Jatin Shah: Again this is a trio friendship but a very close one. Unlike the others mentioned these three haven't worked together however they are each other's best friends. They all have pretty much the same personalities which makes it easier for them to bond. Plus just like Hussain, Gaurav and Vivan, these three are also great friends with Jatin's spouse: Priya and Ali's girlfriend, Sara Khan. Until recently, Jay was the only bachelor in the group but now since he's dating Mahi Vij, he shares another quality with his best friends. As stated before, their gang is good friends with each other's partners, but the trio makes sure to spend time some "guy time" with each other as well. One such incident is when the three went trekking to Lonavala to celebrate their best friend: Jay's birthday. We wish Ali, Jay and Jatin a lifetime of togetherness as best friends forever.

Karan Singh Grover and Sanjit Bedi: Ekta Kapoor is known to give television great serials, popular onscreen (and yes also offscreen) couples, but she should also be credited with creating some good friendships. Ali, Jay and Jatin met since they worked for Balaji Telefilms , and the same holds true for Karan and Sanjit. Both of them met on the sets of Kasautii Zindagii Kay, and although their relationship onscreen wasn't very close, both became really close offscreen. The two have maintained, and in fact increased, their close bond much after the show has ended. Both are ready to help each other out, and recently when Karan was going through some personal turmoil, Sanjit gave him a shelter at his home. Here's hoping their close bond continues for the years to come.

Harshad Chopra, Karan Kundra and Sushant Rajput: Here's another "dostana" that ought to be thankful to Balaji Telefilms. Harshad and Sushant worked together on the show: Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil as brothers, and from there onwards their friendship started. Karan Kundra has also worked for Balaji Telefilms, hence he knows the two since they have all worked together on neighbouring sets. Sushant left the show Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil for Pavitra Rishta, but the three continued to meet regularly since they worked for the same production house. Recently, Karan and Sushant also appeared together on Zara Nachke Dkha, and they became even more closer as friends. All three are often found visiting each other's sets just to spend time with each other, and they can even be found in the same parties, again thanks to Ekta ma'am.

These are just some of the friendships in the television industry, and yes there are many more than that. My apologies if I haven't covered one of the readers' favourites.
Here's wishing everyone a great friendship day from the Telly Tadka team. Take care of yourself and your friends.

Author: Gia I

Telly Tadka

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nandini27 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
okie....am VERY VERY glad HC n KK n SR are such awesome friends....happy for them...god bless them and hope dey stay this way always..

but this was my initial reaction, dono why?!! 🤣🤣🤣
Edited by nandini27 - 13 years ago
-Riyal- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks. if this article is true then hope their friendship remains intact. i esp admire harshads and kunals friendship. it  is still the same after almost 5 years. i feel that he is more close to the lrl gang and karan wahi than these two or anyone from kis desh.
(its strictly my opinion. no need to jump on me)
Greeshma.... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
soo happy to read the friendship of harshad, sushant and karan............

hope additi and kritika are also in their gang................
SwathyS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the article
mazkachazka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
thanx ...wooww lovely friendship!!keep it up this way alwes guys!!
FaizaK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thnks for sharing....i m soo happy to read about their friendship...hope their friendship always remain intact..
Noor_PremHeer thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing!!
Dostana!! hehe