... and none shall say 'she didn't play her part'

Posted: 13 years ago

If the title didn't get you curious enough to open this post, nothing else would.  Jokes apart, the title has its significance my dear friend, for it was this very thought, that made its way into my sub-conscious perhaps, while I mulled over, over the weekend, sick in bed, and it was this very thought, that made itself heard loud and clear, echoing against the tired walls of my brain this evening, while my conscious mind, tried to comprehend what my weak eyes noticed in today's episode!

Too long an intro? Forgive me'

A lot has been discussed, interpreted, about the episodes aired last week and the weeks before and truthfully, I enjoyed what I read, having dared to contribute my two cents, where I could (and felt confident that I wouldn't be kicked). But there was a thought that I felt, perhaps deserved a different thread for itself, simply because of the significance I believe it has' not just in a story line, but in our lives too'

But for the sake of our sanity' and my own, I put forth my thoughts, centering them, around the protagonists ' Shanthanu and Khanak

Fire and Ice is a common phrase perhaps to depict the passion and the romance , between totally opposite people(Atleast what I've heard of), but for me the two protagonists' starting with the very names ' 'Shanth' of Shanthanu and Khanak remind me of the ocean and the river'that meets the it.. While the ocean represents the calm or the thehraav, the river represents the restless nature, of one, trying to find it's ocean, it's destiny, while changing, impacting, everything it touches' the lands, the stones, the valleys' oh' the journey of the river, remains etched on the lands it greets on its way'

Am I suggesting that names, we are given reflect our personalities, though we don't consciously live by what they mean or reflect 'I certainly am!! The connection is deeper and holds reason that is better left unknown to us'

Khanak, the restless, chirpy, lively soul, that like the flowing river, who believed the sun, that teased it every day to be its soul mate, was made to realize, that the sun, was her companion, that greeted her by the day, only to let go, when the dark night greeted' for when has the sun, been known to be a eternal companion, there was darkness that greeted too

It was during that one long dark night, that the sun bade good bye, that the river that flowed, met the ocean. Angry at herself, at the darkness, she longed to shriek her grief out loud, only to lose her voice, in the calm of the ocean, she met.

Shanthanu, the relaxed, easy going, misunderstood soul ' the ocean, with a calm exterior, an unexplored world hidden away in its depths; misunderstood, to be harmless , yet the fury of ocean unleashed is ah, but hell on earth! The depth that lies masked, is aah, but the embrace, where the restless seek solace' where the secrets lie hidden, forever, like the venom that dissolves, losing its power.

The ocean that holds the darkness within, believed, the night that greeted to be its soul mate' but the night that greeted was aah a twin of the light, that greeted too. Disappointed, the ocean lay calm, the venom of disappointment dissolving into the depths, to be forgotten, and the truth remained unchallenged yet again - for what the ocean holds within, could never be what it sought, to complete it.

If Khanak, lost, suraj, it was then she found Shantanu  - the trials she faced, were aah, but the tease of angel that watched, adding to her restlessness, to find the calm she needed.

If Shantanu, regretted the loss of the intoxicating relation he shared with Natasha, he found Khanak, life in its purest form, greeting him with open arms'giggles and the agony, hand in hand!

It's the restless , ever-flowing river, that seeks to calm its soul, and it's the ocean that opens its soul to be touched by the river and discover its true self, hidden away in its depths.

She'd meet the ocean, bare her soul, and the ocean would calm her, bury away her  sorrow, the murk she carried into its own depths, leaving her pure and alive'

The angel called fate has played her part'she smiles now watching'

Khanak had to meet Shaan; he had to help relieve her of the pain, the murk she carried and bury it way in the depth that he carried within and she had to touch his soul, bring it alive, for she had touched the depths, that even he didn't realize he had!

While the journey to realization is on, the river has touched the lives of many, leaving its mark and there are oh so many more that await to be touched, to come alive, before the ocean, greets the river into its embrace, the warm depths of absolute solace'

The sun shall rise, the night shall fall, the crickets shall call, the bees shall sting, the birds shall sing, the wolves shall prowl, but matter shall none, to the soul, that seeks it soul, the tease of the angel, prodding it on'

'and none shall say 'she didn't play her part' for she was the tease, she was the song, she was the promise that led them on'

Sareeta

That was what I could manage , in a desperate attempt to give me thoughts a form... a more saner version perhaps, if time permits, a little later in the day...

Edited by sareeta - 13 years ago

Wow!!!.....That was beautiful Sareeta😊.....

^^ THanks May, once I started, I didnt realize how much I rambled... but I had to give it a form... and there it is... phew! Glad you liked it...

The other discussions were focussing on the episode and I well, for me, the names had made an impact right from the initial promo days... I guess I was waiting for the turn of events to reach a peak , before I myself was driven... by the sheer force of thought to express it all...
Originally posted by sareeta

^^ THanks May, once I started, I didnt realize how much I rambled... but I had to give it a form... and there it is... phew! Glad you liked it...

The other discussions were focussing on the episode and I well, for me, the names had made an impact right from the initial promo days... I guess I was waiting for the turn of events to reach a peak , before I myself was driven... by the sheer force of thought to express it all...

I can understand what you mean.....I have also been fascinated by the names given to the charactors.....I think traditional ( thinking of literature ) writers pick names for their underlying meanings....Your explaination makes alot of sense....A rivers ultimate mansil is the ocean😊......
Woah....... amazing post!! I'm going to reserve this one and write my detailed comment later.

But you got it bang on, their names are symbolic to who they are as people and how we perceive them. πŸ˜ƒ  EDITED

First of, you said sick in bed. Are we speaking metaphorically or actually? 😲 Your sick *worried look* Go get rest then!

But you're right. Khanak is the river affecting everything she touches along her way. She hasn't only changed Shantanu's life but the Khandelwale's too. She made a place for herself in Mr. K and dadi's heart and dare I say Akshay too. πŸ˜ƒ

Your description of Khanak's relationship with Suraj and Shantanu is perfect. She thought Suraj was her future but he became her past in the next instant. First she refused to accept Shantanu but now it's a different story all together.

Like you said, Khanak brings Shantanu alive. So true!! She's unleashed the true positional that this man has. This man who is lost between the pressure of society antiques and its expectations from him as a rich young man. Khanak brings forth the side that considers looking at something not only for your own benefit but for others as well.

Khanak makes Shantanu who he can be and is going on to become. A man that she will fall in love with and lose herself too. A man that she will come to love so deeply, it's going to be magic onscreen. They day ShaNak finally reach a path in their lives where they are ready to move on, embrace and accept each other completely is going to be magical...... I can feel it. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by blackdaughter - 13 years ago
As everyone has said a beautiful post...very detailed and gives us a true insight about Shan and Khanak..will edit later hehe

EDIT

Your post has left me speechless and i just had another read of it πŸ˜› and i just love how from two names you have picked out soo much about them and analysed them with so much detail and it all fits together   πŸ‘ ..il leave it short and sweet πŸ˜†and you should definitely post your OS and VM...i can't wait to watch and read that now and i look forward to more of your posts on the forum πŸ˜ƒ Edited by *|Heena|* - 13 years ago
Thanks Maddy and Heena. Will wait for your comments...

I was worried that ppl might throw dandas at me for spreading my insanity through this post. turns out, people are not really going to hit me afterall! LOL
WOW now thats amazing.....very intense and powerful. i enjoyed reading the meanings and how they meet /collide....

it all makes more sense after reading your post.

i wish sum1 could do that for my name and personality....

thanku for the beautiful post xxx

sima

hey sareeta

are u a shayr(poet) or something.

How u have compared shaan/khanak to things of nature reminds me of old english poets.

It was such a beautiful lovely post(zara hatke) and I enjoyed reading every bit of it.

good work.keep it up.

^^ Erm... Shriya , I dare say, yeah I do write poetry, I write apart from my main profession of being an analyst... just a passion, I manage to keep alive. About the post, I know I could have written better.. now when I read it, I realize, I practically ate up half of what I wanted to pen there...πŸ˜†

Will definitely , prune it and make it sound decent... right now its more of a mish mash...the desperation to get the thoughts onto paper!