ansari thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Kangna is Sallu's No 1

The actress will star opposite Khan in his maiden production, to be directed by Mahesh Manjrekar

For Kangna Ranaut, year 2010 is proving to be rather experimental. After being oddly paired with Ajay Devgn in Ekta Kapoor's Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, Kangna has now been paired with none other than Salman Khan.

According to sources, Salman Khan has cast Kangna Ranaut in his first maiden production. The film will be directed by Mahesh Manjrekar and will have Salman playing the lead. It's surprising that instead of casting Katrina Kaif or perhaps her look-alike Zarine Khan, Salman has chosen Kangna.

From her days at Vishesh Films (Gangster, Woh Lamhe), Kangna has indeed come a long way. A few days ago, as we reported, she signed the Sanjay Dutt production Rascals. Her latest catch, Salman Khan's untitled production, is definitely a big accomplishment.

Talking about Salman casting Kangna, the source said, "Salman and Manjrekar wanted someone who could emote very strongly and look glamorous too." Her 12 different hairdos in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, should take care of the glamour part.

When contacted, Mahesh Manjrekar confirmed that he is working on a film, which will be produced by Salman. "The film will have a lot of elements. It will be a hard-hitting film with its fair share of comedy," he said.

Mahesh Manjrekar

The film is a remake of his recent Marathi film, Shikshanacha Aaicha Gho.

Hesitant about divulging more details on the film, Manjrekar clarified that the project is at a very nascent stage right now. He said, "It is too early to talk about it since we are still working out a few details. The picture will be clear in the next five days."

Salman and Kangna remained unavailable for comment.
Edited by ansari - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
well i dotn understand does he need to cast katrina if its mainden production come on its upto him.. why does it bother media
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Great ...they do look good on screen and share a fab chemistry as far as i remember from DKD season 2 ...i think his epi with her was one of the best ......
glitters thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Go Kangna!! They would make a hot pair I think.
ladygaga thumbnail

It would be interesting to see these two. It would be a nice break for Kangana from her usual roles, good for her!

Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yay for Kangana - I hope she gets into the big league with this one.
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It would be an interesting pair but lets wait for confirmation. IN Salman's case., I've learnt not to trust the media "sources".