Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: masakaliii

taal may not have done well immediatley at box offices, but please name one person who follows bollywood that does not know taal, or even the songs within taal. the movie gained a huge following over the years. Also, yeah when was this topic about launching NEW female stars? it never was. it was about if films focused more on females were made, and how succesful those go on to be. I think the conclusion we've all reached is that it is definitley harder for a female to single-handedly make a film her own, but it has been done, and will probably continue to be with time.

Also, in the golden years of bollywood cinema, im talking like 1940's-60's i believe there were a lot more examples of females who held the screen than males. There were many chocolate boys back in those days before the 90's, but woman like Hema Malini, Sridevi, Madhubala, Meena Kumari were quite simply, the queens of the industry in their time, who at many times acted in films that only became popular because of their presence within it.

Agree with you. Taal songs were popular and yesTaal was not a box office hit in india and i think it was an overseas hit.
Yes before the 90's things were definitely better than what it is in these past 2 decades. Its a pity. We had  enough talent with actresses like Madhuri, Rani, etc but it is definitely hard for an actress to singlehandedly make a film a blockbuster unlike the actors who's medicre films also turn into blockbusters. .
Waiting for the days when we can get a blockbuster with a female actress without the support of a super star.
i think ayesha will be a commercial success *fingers crossed*
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ooo yeah im so excited for Aisha. I feel like its going to really change a lot of things for the younger generation in terms of what kind of female they will be role modelling when they hit their teens. Also i havnt really found a film with such a huge emphasis on contemporary fashion in indian cinema. the movie 'fashion' was more so about the turbulent lifestyle's models go through, but aisha has a very sophisticated feel to it in terms of how it showcases modern indian girls.

i liiiiikkkeeeeee i like :)