Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

honeydew.me thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: -honeydew-

No offence, but i could never really relate to any of the characters of MJHT as i always thought they lacked depth... Mayank and Nupur were slightly better off than the rest...
But i think Maan is way more mature and intense than mayank-mayank is just a cranky young boy, who had dry sarcasm...!!

anyway, the way Maan his realises his love for Geet, is something i am waiting to see...

yes, I agree with ur POV... but that's the reason I used the word "upgraded" in the thread title...!!!!
Maan n Mayank do hav some similarities in common... but MJHT is a youth oriented show... n Mayank was a college goer then unlike maan who is a business professional!!!
college goer and working ppl must have some difference right?!
as in Mayank played a BOY's role whereas Maan plays the role of a MAN!!!
and so quite obviously the intensity of the whole Geet show(as well as Maan's hormones n passion!!πŸ˜†) is way way more than Mayank's...!!! πŸ˜›
honeydew.me thumbnail

I was about to bring Abhi from DMG in this discussion... I somehow feel that Maan and Abhi share more similarities than Maan and Mayank... Although Maan is the most strict man among these, I remember how Abhi could act all strict when he wanted and was fed up of this thing called love in his life...

I don't know what will happen to Maan but I know Abhi had enough courage to tell Nikki that after being with one woman who left him, he never wanted to fall in love with anyone else but he was helpless in Nikki's love... Let's see what Maan will have to say when he will confess his feelings!!

Hmmm.. yeah... I competely forgot bot Abhi 😲 πŸ˜›

But does that Maan is married/divorced too??? 😲
Naaaaaah, I dont think so....coz of the way he's struggling wid his feelings towards Geet.. πŸ˜›
Maybe he had a diff past... something to do wid his mom shayad... πŸ˜•
honeydew.me thumbnail

Originally posted by: mz.intoxicated

I don't think the topic creator is trying to compare Maan and Mayank... And we're just talking about the characters and now how the actors are portraying the role... Gurmeet is doing a fantastic role in playing Maan's character and Arjun Bijlani did and is doing an amazing role with the character of Mayank Sharma!

I have to agree that Maan and Mayank are indeed different but Maan's behavior often reminds me of Mayank when Mayank was falling for Nupur... It's a really GREAT FEELING!! I loved Mayank and a lot and still do... And that's why I can't say something like "Maan is better than Mayank" or "Mayank is better than Maan...." Both characters have their own charm...

However I must say than Maan and Geet's scenes always remind me of Mayank and Nupur's scenes and I am not complaining here... In fact, I admire a lot how a usual scene can take a completely new meaning withnew characters enacting the same scene...

The biggest different between Maan and Mayank is the one that Maan doesn't want to accept that he's falling in love with Geet and he's taking off his frustration on Geet... On the other hand, Mayank was also trying to run away from his reality but for that, he never blamed Nupur for his feelings... This is indeed a big difference but still somewhere, Maan always reminds me of Mayank...

Very good topic!

πŸ‘

I aint comparing exactly... but I was just trying pint out a few similarities b/w the 2 characters... or rather the roles played by them...

@ Bold:-That's what instigated me into creating this topic.. those were some some of the major similarities I found in the 2 characters..!!!

@ Italic:- I guess he did once or twice!! But after confessing luv n all that.... he did take all his anger, frustrations out on Nupur itself...!! even if it wasn't her fault!!

Like, I said.. "Maan is his UPGRADED version"... he's already started doin that even before confessing his luv to Geet!!! πŸ˜†
Maan is always a step ahead of everyone u see!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

@ Red:- Thank u!! 😳 😊
Bul3 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
agree with -sann- and robbieluvr!
GamesOfLife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
 I am a Mayurian ...as well as fan of Maneet ... somehow ...may be due to age group ....but somehow  I feel Maan character has more maturity ..the strength in their relationship is more  and I like Gurmeet more than I liked arjun .... I was always more Mayank's fan then arjun's ...but i am die heart fan of Mayur so felt sad that they didnt have a happy ending ...i would never wish half end for Maneet ...i wish they have peaks like Mayur did and r saved from downs of my other fav couple .....
Edited by SanaSarwar - 13 years ago
xXdEejAyXx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i m sorry but i strongly disagree with u!......they both r damnestically damn different!...mayank was still young n was quite immature but quite much mature from his age but maan is totally different!...i knw he is mature but in his age he should be mature....
nowadays in dramas we usually see such kharoos characters but all of them have a different touch of their own so i dont think it would be fair to call maan an "upgraded version" of mayankπŸ˜›
GamesOfLife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
 dont get me wrong dear i am all for Mayur ... but  the thing is as i said they dealt with college life and stuff  of that ages ... Maneet r facing the stuff of their ages ..... so dont get me wrong both r good and well written chracters but Maan say is an elder bro of Mayank ...no racing in it just a simple fact ..
honeydew.me thumbnail

Originally posted by: xXdEejAyXx

<font color="#cc0099">i m sorry but i strongly disagree with u!......they both r damnestically damn different!...mayank was still young n was quite immature but quite much mature from his age but maan is totally different!...i knw he is mature but in his age he should be mature....</font>
<div></div><font color="#cc0099">nowadays in dramas we usually see such kharoos characters but all of them have a different touch of their own so i dont think it would be fair to call maan an "upgraded version" of mayankπŸ˜›</font>

😲 😲 I meant no offence!!! this was just a fun post I made coz I was bored!!!

forgot to mention that when I created the topic.. lolzzz πŸ˜›