Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_innocent_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: jyoti06

I m ready to watch something which is different and can challenge the usual norms of the society👍🏼..My personal view is that its better for Geet to live in with someone like Maan rather than become a sacrificing queen and go back to her so called fake husband Dev just because the society in the future might ask her to follow the sati-savitri route👎🏼...I m not saying Geet should never get married to Maan...but I believe Marriage is not the end of the road..Geet is just a young girl..she has a long way to go before she settles down into matrimony..why can't she complete her education first...establish herself ...enjoy the phases of love with her boyfriend like any other young girl and then finally think of settling down😳...

i totali agree.....
bDgT thumbnail
Originally posted by: Poli.Geek

Wow, once we start talking about Girl Power we can't stop. Amazing how a simple question about whether we support live in relationships or not has turned into a discussion about marriage, sex, rape, pregnancies, abortions and women in war. I am loving it. Maybe you should change the title of the tread Bri, to something, like 'All the strong women out there voice your opinions." 😆

I think if more people discuss these issues they won't remain taboo for too long.

Polki

GIRL POWER! YEAH YEAH!

I am loving how sensible and strong all the women who are discussing on this topic are coming out! I am so proud of all of you! My brave battalion! My brave regiment!
bDgT thumbnail
Originally posted by: savitan

If an Indian is not willing to marry you after a live-in relationship then marry a European/African - you do not have to narrow down your choice to India.....don't get bogged down my society/family pressure - believe me when I say - it is not worth it.  Live your life the way you want to live.  If you are comfortable with the live in arrangement - go for it - duniya jaye tel lagane.....don't care what others think about you.  

👏 Lovely solution to those who want to explore themselves out of the marriage market!

Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago
bDgT thumbnail
Originally posted by: _innocent_

😆😆😆 sooo true... but its true though women really need to stand up for wat they believe in or else they will always be at the bottom of the food chain(if zat makes any sense at all😆😆😆)

You are right! Otherwise women are becoming mere commodities in the marriage market marketable to the best bidder but then you have to put a price on the bride too!
ravenheart thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Poli.Geek

@ Savitan; I hate you so much that I love you. Loved your answer about marrying other people if Indians don't want you. I have already taken your advise, not because an Indian wouldn't except me (actually I don't know because I never tried) but because I feel in love.

Plus I think most Indian men would be scared of my liberal ways.

I just did crunches yesterday and my abdominal muscles are hurting and as I read your post I couldn't stop myself from laughing. And now thanks to your 'duniya jaye tel lene' I am in so much pain.

I hate you because I am pain because of you, I love you because you are wonderful.

Polki

I feel very strongly on this subject - not bcoz I am/was  in a live-in relationship but I was married  & am now happily divorced - came out of a very sick arranged marriage bearly able to pull myself together.  I do not want any girl to experience what I have been through.  If it is in me to prevent any girl from going through the experience that I have been through, I would gladly help. 
bDgT thumbnail
Originally posted by: an12345678

Sundae Fudge: Great post as always. Me believe in an individual's right to be happy. It's for the individual to decide about her or his life and the way it should be lead. I would like to see living relationship in this show. It'll bring something different on television if presented in the correct way. Plus, it's slowly becoming part of Indian life ... so why not show what is part of Indian society.

An: absolutely, art imitates life and India is seeing a lot of new age relationships! I think television should have the courage to show it and viewers should have the guts to digest it!
bDgT thumbnail
Originally posted by: jyoti06

I m ready to watch something which is different and can challenge the usual norms of the society👍🏼..My personal view is that its better for Geet to live in with someone like Maan rather than become a sacrificing queen and go back to her so called fake husband Dev just because the society in the future might ask her to follow the sati-savitri route👎🏼...I m not saying Geet should never get married to Maan...but I believe Marriage is not the end of the road..Geet is just a young girl..she has a long way to go before she settles down into matrimony..why can't she complete her education first...establish herself ...enjoy the phases of love with her boyfriend like any other young girl and then finally think of settling down😳...

Yep! We don't want no staple diet! We the viewers are ready for current life patters! We can digest anything!
bDgT thumbnail
Originally posted by: _innocent_

and is still happening even today......(wat i hate more is honor killing🤢🤢) i dnt get hw zat helps

Honor killings is another! Just imagine what nonsense happens in India in the name of marriage, culture, tradition!
_innocent_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: bDgT

You are right! Otherwise women are becoming mere commodities in the marriage market marketable to the best bidder but then you have to put a price on the bride too!

exactly putting a price on someone..... and here i was thinkin slavery was over🤢
bDgT thumbnail
Originally posted by: savitan

I feel very strongly on this subject - not bcoz I am/was  in a live-in relationship but I was married  & am now happily divorced - came out of a very sick arranged marriage bearly able to pull myself together.  I do not want any girl to experience what I have been through.  If it is in me to prevent any girl from going through the experience that I have been through, I would gladly help. 

Same here Savita! I came out  of a marriage that had no basis or let's not even go there! I had come out through a lot of trauma too...
Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago