Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

gayatri and bindiya: two peas in a pod

nanda_gopa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
bindiya is perfect for gayatri. gayatri cannot see through the drama and fake love and affection showered by bindiya. however she is blind to akshara's love and affection. gayatri barely knows bindiya, but has known akshara for longer. gayatri distrusts her own daughter-in-law because she still views akshara as an outsider. and the blame for the house that naitik bought as a gift for his wife lies with akshara in gayatri's mind. gayatri seems to have forgotten how she has spoiled her son--who has had his way all the time and has not been taught to be considerate of others. shouldn't gayatri be held responsible for her beloved son's behavior?

although we don't like seeing akshara sad, i believe that the storyline reflects reality to a large extent. it is seldom in real life where a daughter-in-law is treated by the mother-in-law with love and affection as if the daughter-in-law is her own daughter. even rajashri knew that varsha was not at fault when shaurya wanted to live by himself away from his parents' influence. why couldn't gayatri understand akshara? again because gayatri is blinded by her love for her son naitik and believes that it is akshara who has changed naitik after his marriage to akshara. ah so little faith in the "parvarish"-or upbringing of her own son. so if indeed akshara was the one who put bad ideas in naitik's head, isn't naitik a grown person who can think for himself? why is it that gayatri continues to blame akshara as often as she does? this is largely because of gayatri's own insecurities and indulgence of her son. through gayatri's character the show portrays very well the mother-in-law's inability to empathize for a young girl, the daughter-in-law who has come to live among strangers.

gayatri is eager to draw the conclusion that bindiya is loving and attentive to all, while akshara is selfish and a liar (wow!). so the relatively unknown bindiya is favored over akshara (at least in gayatri's mind) and is considered a better example of how a daughter-in-law should behave. gayatri seems to be taken in by bindiya's actions, when she barely knows bindiya! again this shows how we all can be easily taken in by outward speech and actions. gayatri's ego is stroked by bindiya when she is unable to reach out to her son who is  blinded by his own ego--naitik has only one refrain--i am not wrong! it is clear that naitik's actions have hurt all members of his family. but his own ego and selfishness prevents naitik from seeing the hurt he has caused to his wife, his mother, and others in the family.

now that gayatri's favorite nephew rituraj has arrived, wonder if the fake actions and intrusive behavior of bindiya will become exposed, perhaps as bindiya is talking with rituraj?  i am eager to see how gayatri will react when she comes to know that bindiya was the one who contributed so much to make the misunderstandings about akshara worse. but that may not happen as bindiya's true colors may not yet be revealed. will gayatri feel ashamed at her own behavior? will gayatri ever self-reflect on her own behavior and regret her treatment of akshara?

bindiya is bound to do something mean with nandani and mohit's situation by speaking about mohit's lower socio-economic standing. maybe, just maybe, that is when bindiya's attitude and speech will be questioned...

in my view, gayatri's accusation against daddaji regarding rashmi's marriage was unforgivable especially as she has been in the household for so long. therein lies the idea that fundamentally gayatri is a selfish person who seems to be more concerned about herself and hers (her beloved son, daughter). and she has passed on this selfishness to her son by giving in to all of his demands from an early time--seemingly.

bindiya seems to be a jealous, unhappy person who takes pleasure in making life miserable for others. a newly married girl who doesn't seem to care that she has been away from her new husband (forget her in laws for a bit) is very strange. perhaps she has had a rocky start with her in-laws and has heard praises of akshara and is jealous as a result? i would like to see at least one episode where bindiya's motivations for her pathetic behavior is shown. of course it would be ideal if bindiya's fake personality is exposed for all to observe. daddaji already knows about bindiya, but is too dignified to say anything directly.

hence my overarching idea that selfishness and jealousy go hand in hand--gayatri and bindiya are two peas in the same pod!

overall, the director and the story-writers have created a complex set of characters (they are not all black and white, there are many shades of grey) which make the story line interesting. after all we are human and this frailty in the human condition is well portrayed by the characters in this television drama. we dislike or like the characters because we see parts of ourselves and our own lives in these stories. this is why television dramas work!

i am an academic who spent half his life in india and the other half in the usa where i currently reside. only in the last year or so have i started watching indian tv shows. i couldn't help analyze the characters in this show and contrast them to my own experiences growing up in a large hindu-undivided family.

i look forward to your comments.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ravinaj thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
even i want the cv's to show atleast one episode where bindiya true colous are out in front of gay3 and she feel ashamed of whatever she has done to akshara..........................
sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: nanda_gopa

bindiya is perfect for gayatri. gayatri cannot see through the drama and fake love and affection showered by bindiya. however she is blind to akshara's love and affection. gayatri barely knows bindiya, but has known akshara for longer. gayatri distrusts her own daughter-in-law because she still views akshara as an outsider. and the blame for the house that naitik bought as a gift for his wife lies with akshara in gayatri's mind. gayatri seems to have forgotten how she has spoiled her son--who has had his way all the time and has not been taught to be considerate of others. shouldn't gayatri be held responsible for her beloved son's behavior?

although we don't like seeing akshara sad, i believe that the storyline reflects reality to a large extent. it is seldom in real life where a daughter-in-law is treated by the mother-in-law with love and affection as if the daughter-in-law is her own daughter. even rajashri knew that varsha was not at fault when shaurya wanted to live by himself away from his parents' influence. why couldn't gayatri understand akshara? again because gayatri is blinded by her love for her son naitik and believes that it is akshara who has changed naitik after his marriage to akshara. ah so little faith in the "parvarish"-or upbringing of her own son. so if indeed akshara was the one who put bad ideas in naitik's head, isn't naitik a grown person who can think for himself? why is it that gayatri continues to blame akshara as often as she does? this is largely because of gayatri's own insecurities and indulgence of her son. through gayatri's character the show portrays very well the mother-in-law's inability to empathize for a young girl, the daughter-in-law who has come to live among strangers.

gayatri is eager to draw the conclusion that bindiya is loving and attentive to all, while akshara is selfish and a liar (wow!). so the relatively unknown bindiya is favored over akshara (at least in gayatri's mind) and is considered a better example of how a daughter-in-law should behave. gayatri seems to be taken in by bindiya's actions, when she barely knows bindiya! again this shows how we all can be easily taken in by outward speech and actions. gayatri's ego is stroked by bindiya when she is unable to reach out to her son who is  blinded by his own ego--naitik has only one refrain--i am not wrong! it is clear that naitik's actions have hurt all members of his family. but his own ego and selfishness prevents naitik from seeing the hurt he has caused to his wife, his mother, and others in the family.

now that gayatri's favorite nephew rituraj has arrived, wonder if the fake actions and intrusive behavior of bindiya will become exposed, perhaps as bindiya is talking with rituraj?  i am eager to see how gayatri will react when she comes to know that bindiya was the one who contributed so much to make the misunderstandings about akshara worse. but that may not happen as bindiya's true colors may not yet be revealed. will gayatri feel ashamed at her own behavior? will gayatri ever self-reflect on her own behavior and regret her treatment of akshara?

bindiya is bound to do something mean with nandani and mohit's situation by speaking about mohit's lower socio-economic standing. maybe, just maybe, that is when bindiya's attitude and speech will be questioned...

in my view, gayatri's accusation against daddaji regarding rashmi's marriage was unforgivable especially as she has been in the household for so long. therein lies the idea that fundamentally gayatri is a selfish person who seems to be more concerned about herself and hers (her beloved son, daughter). and she has passed on this selfishness to her son by giving in to all of his demands from an early time--seemingly.

bindiya seems to be a jealous, unhappy person who takes pleasure in making life miserable for others. a newly married girl who doesn't seem to care that she has been away from her new husband (forget her in laws for a bit) is very strange. perhaps she has had a rocky start with her in-laws and has heard praises of akshara and is jealous as a result? i would like to see at least one episode where bindiya's motivations for her pathetic behavior is shown. of course it would be ideal if bindiya's fake personality is exposed for all to observe. daddaji already knows about bindiya, but is too dignified to say anything directly.

hence my overarching idea that selfishness and jealousy go hand in hand--gayatri and bindiya are two peas in the same pod!

overall, the director and the story-writers have created a complex set of characters (they are not all black and white, there are many shades of grey) which make the story line interesting. after all we are human and this frailty in the human condition is well portrayed by the characters in this television drama. we dislike or like the characters because we see parts of ourselves and our own lives in these stories. this is why television dramas work!

i am an academic who spent half his life in india and the other half in the usa where i currently reside. only in the last year or so have i started watching indian tv shows. i couldn't help analyze the characters in this show and contrast them to my own experiences growing up in a large hindu-undivided family.

i look forward to your comments.

HHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnšŸ˜ƒ
such a long post

but well analysed & well writtenšŸ˜Š
its true that we see parts of ourselves and our own lives in these stories. this is why television dramas work. we relate ourselves to some character or the other & someone around us to it too.
we have a lot of bindiyas & gayatris and rajshris, with a few of dadis in our lives.

but I dont see bindiya's slefish behaviour might be exposed soon. she might come back in the show after sometime when we will be able to see more of her interesting nonsense being shown.

gayatri, although shown to be inconsiderate for her DIL and more consideration for her own son, is a mother who represents more than half of the MILs of Indian mentality. this is how most of the MILs are who cannot see that her own son can also be at fault, its only the DIL that spoils their ladala munna šŸ˜”šŸ„±
so that's all being shown on this show. we need to keep our head aside while watching shows like this----- infact most of the drama on TV.

I have a lot to comment, but then again, my post would be equal to yours--- I mean a big one.

whatever U have written is so very truešŸ‘