Geet: The Search For Dignity (upd. Pg 2)

bDgT thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Disasters strike me like there is no tomorrow
Fear haunts me
Trouble stalks me

Wherever I go
There seems to be no tomorrow
No hope

I am so defeated
I have to start again
I am crushed
But I will not be slain

Oh faith
keep me alive
make me stand again

oh life
give me some trust
to live again

my dreams are shattered
I have no one
not a soul

in whom can I rely
on whose shoulders will I cry
who will hold me when I die

Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I think the poem mostly reflects the hopelessness of Geet's current situation which is aptly written.
I like it cause it kind of summarizes her character and things she has gone through in a very simplistic manner.

Do you verse regularly?
bDgT thumbnail
What more can they do to me?
What more needs to be said?

there is no sentinel
at the hell's gates

that can stop
another dagger

from piercing
my courage

I am like the wave
that has fallen far from the shore

I am like the bird
whose wings have been flogged

I am like the flower
whose petals have been sheared

oh almighty
please breathe your essence into me
so that I resonate with the life that flows out of you into me
Edited by bridgette - 13 years ago
bDgT thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sookie-

I think the poem mostly reflects the hopelessness of Geet's current situation which is aptly written.
I like it cause it kind of summarizes her character and things she has gone through in a very simplistic manner.

Do you verse regularly?

Thank you Sookie, I do most often...you can find some stuff here...read part 2 please..it is about Geet getting up again
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
There is no sentinel at Hell's gates - This line is the best line in this verse. Not because of what it depicts but because of how aptly it describes her predicament.

I like verse two not for the positiveness it obviously shows in the end but the way perspective changes from verse one - the beaten warrior to verse two - the scarred and beaten warrior trying to get up and move on.

Nicely done...
bDgT thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sookie-

There is no sentinel at Hell's gates - This line is the best line in this verse. Not because of what it depicts but because of how aptly it describes her predicament.

I like verse two not for the positiveness it obviously shows in the end but the way perspective changes from verse one - the beaten warrior to verse two - the scarred and beaten warrior trying to get up and move on.

Nicely done...

I am honored...thank you very much.
adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
very nicely written verses....they state the exact state of geet....geet needs to open her eyes and welcome the new phase of her life....her past must not stop her from falling in love again....resisting oneself from love is the cruelest thing one can do to himself.....rather u pierce a dagger thru ur heart....it will cause less pain...

btw....do write one verse on maan's state of mind....

as for my state of mind, one very widely known quote can describe it...
"i am in love with love"....☺️

bDgT thumbnail

Originally posted by: muskanp

Wow..veer well written!!!

thanks muskan...I love your shero-shayiris and i remember you translated Ibtadaq Ishq - i found the song sung by Jaswinder Singh, put up the link as a separate post
bDgT thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditi123_78

very nicely written verses....they state the exact state of geet....geet needs to open her eyes and welcome the new phase of her life....her past must not stop her from falling in love again....resisting oneself from love is the cruelest thing one can do to himself.....rather u pierce a dagger thru ur heart....it will cause less pain...

btw....do write one verse on maan's state of mind....

as for my state of mind, one very widely known quote can describe it...
"i am in love with love"....☺️

Geet needs to fight for her place in the world...I think everyone of us goes through this phase when we have to let go of things that hold us down. Her proximity with Maan is holding her down. She is once again becoming a victim of someone's feelings. I want her to fly like a free spirit but with the responsibility of parentage. A proof that one need not be dead if one is scarred. One need not carry the scars for life and can rejuvenate with resilience.
Edited by bridgette - 13 years ago
bDgT thumbnail
The Fire

The fire is raging
In my soul
The fire of resistance

The fire is seeping
through every pore
The fire of revolt

The fire is burning
me alive