Maaneet SS: Coffee Shop Rendez-Vous:Pt.6 Pg.40 - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by AKANargis

Naina...very interesting concept...looking forward to the story. It will be interesting to read a story with a plot that is all together different...there are few FFs in flight with such different concepts. Thanks.

hi! thanks a lot for reading and commenting :) so happy that you like ths idea :) ahah yes...its going to be completely different! i'll definitely pm you when i update.

~Naina
Originally posted by anufa

nice!!!

update soon!!!
add me to ur pm list!!!😊

hi anufa! thanks a lot for reading and commenting! so glad you liked this story :) ill definitely pm you when i update!
Originally posted by hookedonGeet

Are you sure you want to put Geet in a coffee shop? Is she still the same Geet who is a walking talking disaster? Coffee shop should be the last place she should be at.

hi...um yeah I've actually had this idea for a while, and i think Geet would actually suit this role, but hey its just a difference of opinions :) hopefully you end up liking this story!
Originally posted by -sann-

nice concept....pls add me to ur pm list

hi -sann-! sorry dont know your name :) but thanks a lot for reading and commenting! glad you liked the concept :) ill definitely pm you when i update!

~Naina
Originally posted by *angel94*

Interesting concept, continue soon.

hi *angel94*! (sorry don't know your name 😊 )

thanks a lot for reading and commenting! so glad you liked the concept! :)
Originally posted by *mittu*

naina!! another one. Good concept. I can't wait to read more. PLease PM me too.

hi *mittu*! (sorry, don't know your name   ðŸ˜Š )

haha yes, another ff, well short story actually, but yeah i've had this idea for a while now, and just decided to write it :) haha so glad you liked the concept! i'll definitely pm you whenever i update!

~Naina
Originally posted by Sofna

DO ADD ME.....Lv teh concept

hi sofna! thanks a lot for reading and commenting! so glad you liked the concept..i'll definitely add you to the pm list!
Originally posted by chullbulli

me tooo

hi chullbulli (hehe sorry i don't know your name, but i like this one 😊 😊 )

thanks a lot for reading and commenting! i'll definitely pm you when i update!

~Naina

Chapter One:

Day One:

"A black coffee and biscuits for table 19!" she screamed, as she stepped behind the counter of her store, Coffee Corner. While she waited for one of her friends, Naintara, to get the order ready, she turned around, staring at the almost empty store she had in front of her. Just a dwindling few customers remained, after an extremely busy day, serving hundreds of people their coffee.

Her little street corner coffee store was always busy on Friday nights, and tonight had been no exception. After a long week at work, people always loved to come to her store, to wind down and relax for their upcoming weekends. A little place that she had been managing for about a year now, Coffee Corner had become her life.

The sudden ringing of the little bell hanging on the door disturbed her from her train of thoughts. She looked up from behind the counter to see a grim faced man entering, dressed in complete business attire, as he seemed to be shouting away into the phone. Needless to say, he looked quite out of place in his formal clothes at her little corner coffee shop.

He took a seat by the corner of the restaurant by the window, away from where everyone else was sitting, and the farthest table from the counter up front.

As she slowly made her way towards this new customer, she took the time to take in his appearance. His sharp accentuated features, the dark piercing eyes which seemed to look right through her, sending chills down her spine, the rugged bearded look, his mouth set in a grimace. She sure wasn't used to customers this serious!

"Good evening Sir, Here's the menu! I'll be back soon to take your order" she said cheerily, placing the menu before him and turning away. No matter how different this customer, she would be her usual bubbly self. Nothing was going to change that. However, she definitely noticed how he seemed to have an air of sadness, of negativity surrounding him. His eyes, so easily readable, seemed distant and far away, while his eyebrows were furrowed in anger.

And so, by instinct, she turned around to face him once again.

"Sir?" she called out hesitantly. Still not looking up, he barked at her. "What? You can't possibly expect me to tell you my order already."

Refusing to react to his anger, she continued "Sir, I just wanted to let you know of our special for the day, the Himalayan Iced Coffee, made with special coffee beans, and well it's very popular" she smiled, her face still extremely composed.

Sadly though, none of her happiness seemed to rub off on him, as he just continued to glare at her with an annoyed look. "Did I even ask you for any recommendations…" glancing down at her nametag "Miss Geet? No, right? So please, don't recommend anything. I'll have one black coffee" he continued, without even bothering to open the menu that still lay closed in front of him.

Geet was just stunned at his rudeness, it was beyond excuse! But still, he was the customer, and so she had to remain respectful and not retort back, even though she was losing her patience with this man, with each passing second.

Plastering an artificial smile on her face, "Anything else ….Sir?"

"No." he responded gruffly, before turning away to face the window, dismissing her.

Geet headed into the back kitchen, needed to take sme deep breaths and come herself down. The minute she heard the kitchen door close behind her, she started screaming "That arrogant man? Who does he think he is? Just being so rude and impolite? Humph. He's in this shop as my customer, but think he owns the place. Stupid, Idiot, Moron…" and continuing this list of taunts, Geet scrambled around the kitchen, getting the coffee ready.

"Geet? You ok?" came the voice of another woman, who was working away in the kitchen. "Who's this customer that seems to be driving you up the wall?"

"Oh my god Naintara! I didn't think you were still here. I thought you'd already left, but there's some guy, some businessman I think who's just ughh" screamed Geet, throwing her hands up into the air in exasperation before continuing to make the coffee.

Naintara just stood there, amused at her friend's disheveled state, trying to suppress her laugh. "You sure you don't want me to close up tonight? You look like you need to head home."

Geet just brushed her friend away "Naintara, don't worry at all. I'll take care of this khadoos person and then close shop. You can go home and crash for the weekend" Geet smiled at her friend, while pouring the coffee into a nice cup and heading out the kitchen. "Bye Naintara! See ya soon girl!"

"Sigh. Round two with Mr. Khadoos." Geet muttered to herself, as she stepped out of the kitchen, only to find the entire coffee store empty except for the one brooding man sitting in the far corner of the store.

"Sir, your coffee" she smiled, placing the cup before him.

"Thanks" he mumbled.

"Um..Sir?"

"Yes. What do you want now?"

"Um..woh. I was wondering if you needed help with anything.
You seem kind of angry"

"Did I ask YOU for any help, lady?" he glowered at her.

"Uh..uh...No sir, but um I thought  you might need to talk to
someone" she mumbled under her breath.

"Well No woman, so uh it would be great if you could mind your business" he continued yelling.

"S..Sorry sir" Geet said hurriedly before rushing back behind the counter.

He glared at her, fury raging in his eyes, before he turned back to his coffee. Gosh, what is with this girl? She's just driving me insane, doesn't know when to shut up and when to actually speak.

+++++

Twenty minutes later, Geet stared at the ticking clock. It was almost 10:00, but not yet 10 pm, so she couldn't kick him out yet. Does this man not plan on finishing his coffee? How long does it take any normal person to drink one measly cup of coffee? Ugh.

And right then, she saw him getting up and making his way towards her with the coffee cup in his hand. Phew. Finally he's leaving.

And once he handed her his money and turned to leave, she quickly followed him, throwing the cup into the sink to be washed later, and grabbing her keys and purse. She sure wanted to get home! But to her luck, he stopped for some reason smack in front of the door, and because she was rummaging through her purse, didn't notice and bumped Smack! into him.

She closed her eyes, waiting for the fall, her head to hit the ground, preparing herself to scream in pain, when she felt two hands grab her waist. "AHHHHHHHHH!" she yelled instinctively, gazing into the dark brown eyes, which were icy cold as they glared at her.

"Woman. Why are you screaming?" he growled.

"I... oh wow. I thought I fell" she replied, blushing, as she pulled herself together. "Sorry Sir."

"Woman, this is all you seem to be able to do, do something stupid and later apologize. Seriously, what's wrong with you? Can't you pay attention to where you're going?"

"Sir. This is it. I've been dealing with your grouchy attitude the entire night. And I'm absolutely sick and tired of it. So if you could please leave, it would be better for the both of us."

"Well, if you'd start minding your own business, I probably wouldn't be so annoyed. Ever thought of that, huh?" he questioned back angrily.

Geet clenched her hands into a tight fist, trying to calm herself down, control her anger which was now at boiling point. And before she could retort though, she heard him muttering under his breath as he walked out of the store hurriedly, making sure to slam the door behind him.

"YOU!!!!!GRR. If I ever see that man again..." she screamed out in frustration.

As he entered his bedroom, muttering under his breath as he threw his briefcase on one sofa, his vest on another, and began unbuttoning his shirt "Stupid Girl. Needs to learn some manners"

"So Bhai, who's the poor victim of the great MSK's anger today?" came a voice, and he looked up to see his younger brother plopped on his bed.

"Dev? Ugh this stupid girl who I met at the coffee shop. Gosh she wouldn't shut up. And she had the audacity to scream in my ear, literally blowing my ear drum out, after I caught her as she was falling down." he replied, frustrated and annoyed.

"OHHH. Caught her while she was falling down? Maan bhai, this is always the first step to a romance" teased his younger brother, Dev Khurana.

"Shut up Dev. If only you knew how annoying she was. And to top everything off, those investors were giving me a tough time today, so I already had my head buried in about a billion and one problems, and then this girl comes along. Ughh."

"So it wasn't the poor girl's fault at all. You should go apologize bhai" replied his brother, looking deep in thought.

"Apologize? ME? The MSK? Pshht. No. In your dreams" remarked the angry Maan.

"Well, it was completely your fault. The poor girl was probably just trying to help."

"Ha. So? She should know better than to irritate me" he answered, rolling his eyes, "and Dev, get out of my room. I need to change."

"Ok bhaisaab. But just remember, you should go apologize to the girl" said Dev, shrugging his shoulders as he left the room.

"Never happening" retorted Maan.

+++++++

So what does Maan do? Apologize? Stay tuned to find out!

Hi Everyone!

So, how did you like the first chapter?! Dev and Naintara are good characters in this, I know I shouldn't have probably revealed this so soon, but still haha no hating them here 😆😆 And this is a very short story, probably only ten or so parts long.. :)

Please do read and comment, and let me know if you want to be added to the PM list! Do press the like button if you enjoyed this part!

Thanks!
~Naina

interesting concept...looking forward to the story.