Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: rhea_6

Where was the great MR Amitabh Bachchan when the Shiv Sena was attacking Srk n his film MNIK???? Why didn't a man of his stature who is called a legend/Shehenshah react quickly???

i see this situation on the other way , Where was RM when SRK Created this publicity stunt which cld have create Riots , srk was also enjoying/Laughing during his movie promotion outside of india and mumbai ppl were suffering bcz of his statement

where was RM when Drunk Salman killed sleeping ppl on the road

and etc etc etc ....will edit if any other wrong done by other actors comes into my mind ....
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: minnie.reet

i see this situation on the other way , Where was RM when SRK Created this publicity stunt which cld have create Riots , srk was also enjoying/Laughing during his movie promotion outside of india and mumbai ppl were suffering bcz of his statement

where was RM when Drunk Salman killed sleeping ppl on the road

and etc etc etc ....will edit if any other wrong done by other actors comes into my mind ....

I was referring to the point that AB was standing up for Akshay.My personal opinion .Anyway, I don't get the comparisons b/w AB n Rajeev  One is a filmstar and the other a journo. I don't think the comman man would care abt what RM feels . But yes if AB makes a statement people will listen.It's an advantage or disadvantage, depends on what way one looks at it.

Sorry, but  Why would Srk create a publicity that would harm his own film?? MNIK wasn't released in many parts of Maharashtra on the 1st day and that caused a loss in business. How did Mumbai ppl suffer? Weren't the protests  centred outside Srk's house , theatres n his film? There were no riots or anything to cause problem to the comman man .

The accident- The case is still on isn't it? Let the courts give out the verdict. Until then isn't it sub-judice ?

PS- Although, I do agree that what AB speaks up for or doesn't is his personal choice. But  as celebs one gets speculated upon. At the end of the day it's AB's opinions but ppl can make a comment on it until it's valid n in limits, I guess.!

Edited by rhea_6 - 13 years ago
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
but how does on know that RM didn't have something to say during the other controversial moments committed by celebrities?
he very well may have, and being a journo, I'm sure he's registered his opinion, which is his right.

This Akshay thing's become a sensation thanks to twitter.

I don't understand why AB had to defend Akshay when he should kinda acknowledge that Akshay had caused inconvenience to RK Laxman.
And yes, I read somewhere that AB should get respect because of his being established. Okay, so AB is a very big veteran in our industry, he's done some amazing work, and yes, he has indeed seen more of the world thus to be able to be called wise. But does that enable him to be an oracle? A scolding grandfather to all the annoying children in the industry who want to voice out their opinions?

Yknow, Barack Obama called Kanye a jackass after Kanye had drunk-trashed Taylor Swift's speech at the Grammys. No one went all berserk at that moment. So what big deal does it make if Rajeev Masand called Akshay something similar?Edited by rachna_5 - 13 years ago
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

The title is all wrong didn' t RM say Akki was laughing like a jackass??? He didn't call him a jackass. It makes a huge difference.I still feel RM shouldn't use that term on a public forum.

But what great did AB do by standing up for his fraternity this time around?????

Where was the great MR Amitabh Bachchan when the Shiv Sena was attacking Srk n his film MNIK???? Why didn't a man of his stature who is called a legend/Shehenshah react quickly??? As far as I know only Salman came out and gave a public statement & there were protests by Sena outside SK's house coz of this.

Where was Mr Amitabh Bachchan when the IIFA awards were taking place of which he is the Brand ambassador?? He ditched only coz Raavan was around for release and then his son comes up with reasons like they all were busy... Doesn't Mr Bachchan know his schedule beforehand??? If he was going to be busy during IIFA then why did he shoot an ad and also attended the PC/???

Didn't Amitabh Bachchan compare TRP's of his KBC season 1 and that of Srk's show Kya aap paanchvi pass se tez hain on his blog & was asking y TV shows with big names are failing to get trp's?? Was that even necessary?

If Mr Bachchan cared so much about filmi fraternity would he on a public forum blame the editor for Raavan???

Is all of that standing by your fraternity??? Puhleez!

u said it!👏..
n abt the Shiv Sena issue with srk i think the great Mr. Bachchan actually called him(leader f it) n invited him 2 his movie release or somthing!amazing instances of standing up 4 ur fratenity isn't it?
and IMHO that actually was a proper issue unlike this 140 character reply! and also IMHO i think AB was settling a personal score b/w him n the media rather than standing up 4 AK!

i dnt say RMm was right to call sm1 or sm action f sm1 'jackass' or wtever ONLY cz it could hav been expressed n a more softer manner...And sm1 IS A jackass(though it shouldn't have been in print) if they used a dieing man 4 thr film publicity...
and my opinion is AB did nothing but a move that s a personal 1..nothing so mahaan abt doing it!

he should learn smthing from his own son if no1 else abt minding his own business where it is non of his business(no1 killed any1 right?) n not being annoying n dictating wt every1 should n shouldn't do in Twitter!!
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The title is all wrong didn' t RM say Akki was laughing like a jackass??? He didn't call him a jackass. It makes a huge difference.

Are you serious? 😕

Now if AK tomorrow tweets

"RM thinks like a ch**tiya"

I am sure RM won't feel anything. 😆
Edited by SolidSnake - 13 years ago
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ladygaga

Haha bechara stars don't get away with anything and media makes sure of that.. specially the ones that are not on the good books of media... I guess I now understand why bachchans don't even bother.. coz no matter what they do.. people always look at them in same light.. even me..Now I see why Ash and Abhi are usally in their no comment mode.. I guess Amitji should also take the cue.. and go back to his diplomacy.

someone has it the nail. people should read this again! I have always noticed that whenever bachchan make any comment, media would shreed them into little glass. anyways, it is always good to remain no comment in the media. they can pretty much ruin your career if they wanted to.
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

Are you serious? 😕

Now if AK tomorrow tweets

"RM thinks like a ch**tiya"

I am sure RM won't feel anything. 😆

Oh god. Please read the whole statement clearly & there IS a difference b/w jackass and laughing like a jackass.RM said Akki was laughing like a jackass but the topic here is called RM calls Akshay a jackass. So I just pointed out the discrepency in it.

I never said it was right. I don't think anyone should be called that on a public forum and have stated the same in my original post. You can check properly n see!
sabrinaa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: pragya0

Sorry but seeing him pose like that next to an ailing person and then distribute those pictures for the promotion of his film, does make me want to call him a jackass.

I support RM's intent but do agree that using such a word in a public forum as twitter is inappropriate.

This.
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

u said it!👏..
n abt the Shiv Sena issue with srk i think the great Mr. Bachchan actually called him(leader f it) n invited him 2 his movie release or somthing!amazing instances of standing up 4 ur fratenity isn't it?
and IMHO that actually was a proper issue unlike this 140 character reply! and also IMHO i think AB was settling a personal score b/w him n the media rather than standing up 4 AK!

i dnt say RMm was right to call sm1 or sm action f sm1 'jackass' or wtever ONLY cz it could hav been expressed n a more softer manner...And sm1 IS A jackass(though it shouldn't have been in print) if they used a dieing man 4 thr film publicity...
and my opinion is AB did nothing but a move that s a personal 1..nothing so mahaan abt doing it!

he should learn smthing from his own son if no1 else abt minding his own business where it is non of his business(no1 killed any1 right?) n not being annoying n dictating wt every1 should n shouldn't do in Twitter!!

FIRSTLY AB never called the leader of the SS to any film release, he just made a comment about that guy that had nothing to do with the SRK issue, so please get your facts straight! Secondly AB is an adult and he can choose who he wants to support and whom not. SRK has never shown any support for the Bachchan's when they were in trouble so why should he stand up for SRK for anything? If he felt he needed to express an opinion over the 'jackass' issue then that's his choice and he was trying to point out how irresponsible the  media can be with their use of words sometimes.
It seems like many here are more annoyed about the fact that AB said something on the Akki issue and not on their precious SRK's issue!
Some will agree with him and some not but for goodness sake stop questioning and finding every excuse to bring AB down!
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
RM masand wasn't in his office writting an article on akshay being a jackass, it was twitter!! He wasn't on duty!
@rachna_5, it was kanye, not akon.