Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goblue thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I am glad that so many of you agreed with the post. I also feel that one can't force-feed love. If Varsha and Bhavana cannot completely trust each other, then it is good to take it slowly.

May be things will change when Satish and Varsha have a kid. Grand parents find it very hard to be away from their grandkids. That might make Bhavana come home and also for Varsha to understand what a mother feels too.

I don't like when the serials choose to show things only black and white. there are infitnite shades of grey in between that can accomodate various perspectives. But I guess, then there is no drama, and thus no TRPs. When will we have a serial that allows showing  the sensebilities a little finer. I remember there was one show of saas bahu that was hilarious comedy, i forgot its name but had rima lagoo in the saas role. Their differences which were always resolves by the end of the day's sitcom and the wonderful acting had me in laughing away so many times.

Thanks for reading my ramblings. Take care..

Rumii thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pallai

agree with u goblue
infact it was the most sensible thing to do. actually our society frowns upon such individual thinking. we are always taught as a daughter in law need to keep the family together ..attend to everyone's needs and keep everyone happy.. as if the daughter in law has nothing better to do
she is also a individual and has left a secured life with her parents and come with anticipation into the new home.. i feel its the inlaws who should go the extra mile to make her comfortable ( and there are inlaws like that )
even manju's separation is for good as far as they are contributing to the house and taking care when in need its better to live separate.

Very well written goblue👍🏼....and I also agree with the above post😊
nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: goblue

Decided to post a topic away from the mahanta devi, bhagwan and the insecure one..

As i was reflecting on Bhavana tai's decision on staying separate and wanting to stay separate, I don't think she is wrong. She has her strong opinions about life and priorities and so does varsha. We do not want Varsha in her mid twenties to give  up her independent thinking then why are we asking a lady in her fifties or sixties to do that.

It is more difficult to be flexible and open ( I am not saying it is impossible) as you become older because you reach there with your experiences and whatever samajh you got out of it. I see many families adopting this let's live separately and be peaceful and maintain the thread of relationship instead of staying under one roof and getting in each other's way.

When they can afford to live separately and it seems that they meet each other every week, why this insistence of let's be together. The Zid will not achieve much but strain the relations more. Each person needs their space and for all her other immaturity, Bhavana Tai and Mohanrao's decision to stay in their worli flat is much wiser.

Compare this separation with Manju Vinod and Sulochana /Manohar separation. It also came about because manju and her saas did not see eye to eye, and sulochana took the stand to support the separation. If that is wisdom then why is Bhavana tai's character just ZIddi.

the important thing is no matter where you stay, do you still love and care for your family. Satish Varsha, Bhavana tai, MOhanrao seem to do that.

I know this is not on people's mind, if serials need to speak for what is happening in the society, I think this is a more accurate and more reflective approach than forced staying for the sake of society.

what do you think?

i agree with u
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ya I agree . And unlike how Varsha and Satish are reacting to it in the show , I dont think its such a big tragedy that the they have moved out . It looks like relations between Varsha and Bhavna have actually improved because of the distance .

elgee thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great post... I have always appreciated Satish's family. I do not watch this serial regularly but whenever I have had a chance to watch, I felt that they have reacted normally...

Varsha and Bhavna are strongly opinionated women - nothing wrong in that. Just because they are saas-bahu why should we start taking sides or become prejudiced. Even a mother-daughter relationship is hard if both happen to be strong.

But if they can find peace even if means staying apart then so be it. It would definitely be artificial if Varsha manages to bring them back... Coz if not this some other episode will again fan the flames...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder -- this is true, sometimes you need the distance to understand people!
gaayika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
In this day and age where poeple become more open minded , specially DILs.  ..clashes between MIL DIL do happen as both have strong opinions.. Varsha becasue she is naye zamane ki bold ladki.. Bhavana  becasue she has learnt through experience ..they tried to make it work, but when it didnt happen , it was best they seperated , so as to keep the relationship healthy. I feel theres nothing wrong in that ...

However we do have situations where the MIL is meek , doesnt have issues with DIL . DIL is headstrong and wants to be independent , have her hubby for herself  kinds . In such situations when they seperate the MIL is usually heartbroken as she would definitely have not wanted her son to be away . Eventually they would compromise to keep the peace and agree to live  seperately ... but deep down they would still hurt ....

Nice post BTW goblue