Poll

What do you think about these superstars coming on twitter?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
So twitter mania, twitter mania
Everyoen's on twitter.
Thats right, from Aamir, Srk, Salman to the youngest stars. (with the exception of Mr inaccessible Saif and his gushathon  fountain Bebo)

But what are your thoughts about having all these superstars on twitter?

A) Excitement at them being a tweet away. You can let them hear your  thoughts. To an extent they interact wiht fans, etc. etc.

B) Neutral, you dont really care. It hasnt really incited a strong enough response from you yet.

C) Omg, whyyy are htey on twitter. They actually eat lunch? They have opinions! They're so normal? Noo no noooo. I liked it better when my superstars were like superman. Someone you fantasize about and see on teh silverscreen and on tv once in a while.

Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am not sure....on one hand it's pretty cool to see they are not superhumans LOL But on the other hand....the silliness of it all is annoying.

In any case, whether they are on twitter or not it doesn't affect my judgement of their work.....when it comes to movies....I don't care what they do/say on twitter.

So I guess I am neutral ?
In the beginning, it was exciting but now everyone and its dog is there. So meh...nothing thrilling about being able to correspond with stars. I bet its good for the loyal fans. Seriously though, no exclusivity anymore and its become a battleground anyway. For fans I'm sure its great, for people like me, more drama and more reason to dislike a celeb you're already prone to disliking or heck it even makes you dislike a celeb you actually liked. My like/dislike has turned to extreme dislike for AB Sr., Sona Kapoor, Pri Cho and Hrithik Roshan. Oh well......On the flip side: never really liked Abhisekh Bacchan, but his tweets def. elicit some sort of adulation from me.Edited by xetaxeta - 13 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
I have to agree on Abhi. I LOVE his sense of humor. I mean you hear about the fact that he has a great sense of humor, but then you read his tweets and have to give it to him, lol
I'm neutral as well. I mean on one hand it was kinda cool to see the normal side of your favorite stars. But then, i feel it kidna takes away from that aura. I mean they're one tweet away.
And then they get into controversies and you realize wow, htey are under a LOT of scrunity in twitterville.

desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

I am not sure....on one hand it's pretty cool to see they are not superhumans LOL But on the other hand....the silliness of it all is annoying.

In any case, whether they are on twitter or not it doesn't affect my judgement of their work.....when it comes to movies....I don't care what they do/say on twitter.

So I guess I am neutral ?

You are the definitiion of neutral! 😃
Awww, but i liked that aura of them being superhumans. That's what i call SUPERSTARS *wide eyed*

But i have to sya, seeing the recent controversies spurting up on twitter, I'm so glad saif and kareena arent there. Twitter woudl explode in double controversies had these two arrived.

Can you imagine kareena with the unlimited expressive abilities? And I thought her overactive PR was bad O_o
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It depends on the celeb and the way they tweet. Some celebs share personal stuff whereas some will give a peek into their lives yet remain aloof in a way.

Anyway, these days media is so rampant that being on or off twitter really doesn't make a difference or take away the aura.

Coz for eg. celebs like Saif n Bebo even though not on twitter are really open about their personal lives and don't mind sharing intimate details like the AC temp , or where they holiday etc. :) So,if you see it in that sense through their i'views itself they are sharing loadsa info so they aren't protecting anything by not being on twitter- their fans already have almost all the inside info through their fav stars itself.I mean they are saying everything they would have tweeted anyway or maybe more in depth coz there is a 140 character limit here unlike in Iv's. :P

I do dislike it when celebs use twitter only during the release of their films n then vanish. Like Hrithik, I love him n all but was very dissapointed how he was only very active during Kites release tweeting the reviews/ BO collection etc but after that he is completely off it.

I don't think twitter affects filmi business in anyway. So it's great that the celebs are on twitter for their fans. I think it's more helpful than causing harm unless there are unncessary controversies.
Plus, twitter doesn't diminish their popularity too. So it's no loss no gain!
desigal90 thumbnail
It rocks for fans of Salmn though coz he seems liek he genuinly wants to interact with his fans!
Majority dont though.
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i think twitter is just giving journos to write stuffs about the stars, personally i dont like the way stars use twitter as a platform for promotion of their  films, son's films, post pics of the no. of people outside their home to show their popularity, clearify their rumours(however this is okay)

if they geniunely wanna connect to their fans directly then plz answer their question, try to give them individual replies, post pics of urs and ur family(rather than to show u r very popular by taking pics of people outside ur home)

i like sallu and follow him only, i feel he is only there to interact with his fans
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pooja_l

i think twitter is just giving journos to write stuffs about the stars, personally i dont like the way stars use twitter as a platform for promotion of their  films, son's films, post pics of the no. of people outside their home to show their popularity, clearify their rumours(however this is okay)

if they geniunely wanna connect to their fans directly then plz answer their question, try to give them individual replies, post pics of urs and ur family(rather than to show u r very popular by taking pics of people outside ur home)

i like sallu and follow him only, i feel he is only there to interact with his fans

Yeah I didn't like that bit at all. Maybe I'm part of the minority but it's NOT cool to do something like that IMO.Makes me lose the respect I had for those particular stars,
desigal90 thumbnail
Which star did that?
Sounds liek something bebo would do, lol!