Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Gurmeet Choudhary started by playing Ram

ER_ER_YA thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Gurmeet Choudhary started by playing Ram in the soap Ramayana and followed it up with reality show Pati, Patni Aur Who and now Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, talks to Ravneet Kaur about his struggle days, Debina and much more.

With your brother a doctor, didn't your parents want you to become one too?
Since childhood, I've wanted to become an actor and my parents have always supported me.

Tell us something about your struggling days.
I bagged the title of Mr Jabalpur and also tried my luck in the Mr India contest. I modelled and tried for almost five years to make a mark in the entertainment industry. When I initially came to Mumbai, I knew nobody in the industry and was clueless. There is a woman behind every successful man and Debina was that pillar which supported me throughout my struggle. My hard work and Debina's support paid off and I managed to reach here. Of course, there's still a long way to go.

You have worked in a Tamil 3D series too, so what's better - Tollywood or the small screen?
Every industry has its own share of magic. Tollywood is all about hard work and passion, whereas the small screen is about instant recognition, though, this too involves lots of hard work.

Did Mayavi (the 3D series) help you in your career?
Mayavi got me the best opportunity of my life (Ramayan). Debina and I were cast as Ram and Sita after our pairing in Mayavi.

When you were selected as Ram, did you take any acting classes to enhance your skills? Were you nervous to play such an important character?
I didn't take any acting classes but I was very nervous initially. I wanted to prove myself and do full justice to the role.

You have also participated in Pati, Patni and Who ... did it improve your relationship with Debina?
My relation with Debbie (Debina) has stood the test of time as we have known each other for over six years. Being part of reality show for a month cannot affect it.

You were asked to deal with kids in the show. Had you any such experience with kids? Was Pati Patni and Woh a learning experience?
I had never dealt with kids before. Yes, it was a learning experience.

Do you think Debina and you will make good parents?
With Debina by my side, I can excel in everything.

What are your marriage plans?
We announced our wedding on Pati Patni and Woh and will get married by February 2011.

How did Geet happen?
Geet happened to me through Ramayan. The producer of Endemol (production company) saw me in Ramayan and wanted me to portray the character of Maan.

What's next in Geet?
A lot of twists and turns are expected in both Maan and Geet's life.

Do you miss Debina in Geet?
I did three shows with her so I miss her a lot. I call her many times in a day.

Tell us about your journey from Lord Ram to angry Maan?
The journey was smooth; I think I'm in the industry to prove my versatility as an actor, which has been achieved so far.

Any plans for switching to Bollywood?

No plans yet, but let's see how things work. I can just hope for the best to happen.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
already posted......check atleast 4-5 pages b4 posting any article