Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: CID_HD

CID should not stop showing Promos. We can get idea how the episode would be. They should show us the preview of the show.

i agree
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: dr.fahmi

@debayon i think promos provide base to success in both TV and BW. even if its a hit show. although purpose of promos are different in both cases. in movies they have to introduce a new concept or theme so they need to attract viewers, and in TVserials mostly purpose is to show next storyline coming up. what ever is the case promos cannot be skipped, they need to hook up the viewers but u r right in saying that there should be correlation with the episode.
now talking about akhari chunauti promo and 2 episodes of this week.  its obvious from episodes in last few months that CID production team is already having trouble in making decent cases in 60 minutes episode. now they have come up this idea of making a series of 9 episodes with a single main case for which they have given this 90 seconds promo containing everything, the plan, attack on the CID team and then their return, now with this main script they would have easily made a 2 hours episode ful of suspense, thrill and action, with no need of side stories. in 9 episodes they are definitely going to show attack on trio and trio will return, but as per their plan they have to stretch this 90seconds into 32400seconds, so pace of the case is obviously going to be slow. and after watching Saturday episode, i think they will continue with the minor side cases in up coming episodes too, with main theme of akhari chunauti in background.may be it would gear up in last 2 or 3 episodes, but till then being loyal fans we have to bear whatever is going on.

No, I'm sorry, we seem to disagree on the definition of the term. Promo is an abbreviation of promotion, which is to promote a product, not to show the next stoyline of the show.
dr.fahmi thumbnail
Originally posted by: debayon

No, I'm sorry, we seem to disagree on the definition of the term. Promo is an abbreviation of promotion, which is to promote a product, not to show the next stoyline of the show.

u r rite. sorry. i have used the wrong word "purpose". i meant "content" but purpose is same i.e to promote the show
Aditi_97 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hmm...i think promo is important..as we get an idea of on wat d episode will be!1
monika21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i think promo is important... we get an idea about the episode and also it attracts the new viewers also.