Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I so agree with your post! I'm so glad you wrote this!  I think Geet has managed to strive away from the regular sopas and I also am not the biggest fan of serials just b/c it's the same formula used again and again w/new faces! I'm so glad when the new YRF shows come on and hopefully ppl will watch and find entertainment in new and original ideas! But I also think the writers understand how the audience works and sometimes I really doubt the audience's intelligent b/c they prefer watching illogical storylines over smartly written stories w/ witty lines and humrous dialouges! But the writers do whatever keeps the TRPs up! And at the end of the day if the love scenes are doing it then they continue on!

But more importantly, why I love this show is that Geet starts off as a shy,meek, submissive, obedient girl who after facing such harsh circumstances learns to stand up for herself...and we the audience discover that there was always something extra in her, but she wouldn't have discovered it if she didn't stand on her own 2 feet. That's why we get to see her cute, innocent and comic side b/c she is chirpy and bubbly and very mesmerizing. As for Maan, he's an angry man who probably faced a lot of hardships and is the way he is b/c he took up loads of responisibilites for his brothers and the family business at a young age. The guy matured very early and I agree the audience got to see him transform from a rough guy to a gentlier guy...and ppl like that exist! Both the leads are relatable and hence the show works!
Yes the cute moments seem a little too out there and illogical, but that's what WE all want! We want that idea of true romance, and soul mates, and finding MR. RIGHT! And we want our mr. right to be as caring, understanding, protective, and hot as Maan! And i think the writers of this show are keepng that in mind! And maybe they do need to tone it down with some scenes, but for now it's moving at a pace that's enjoyable! I don't think the show would have gottenas big as a fan base that it has w/out the writting, the amazing performances, and Maneet!
AnonMSK thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
guys, plz dont  talk lyk tht, its putting me seriously off๐Ÿ˜ญ. Geet will always remain amazing, wait for a few more episodes, dont reach any conclusion so fast..........๐Ÿ˜Ž
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
^Today's episode was pretty good and I just loved the precap...once i saw it I knew they were back in business! I love the nok-joks between the best! And the comic side was back...so the dinner date is gonna happen and dev is searching for geet...things are getting pretty damn Interesting!!! I still have faith! The show hasn't disappointed thus far (while just a little in yesterday's episode, but other than that a BIG NO!) so hoping for the best!!!
rickks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: bridgette

The minute their TRPs went up; the second they became  No.1 show on Star One; the hour they realized that their show has hit the top notch, THE SHOW started to develop it's boredom factor.

Oft repeated scenes of falling/catching, eye locks, dupatta scenes, Geet saying some not-so-nice dialogues against Maan when he is within hearing range.

Damn it man, they are killing the intensely beautiful love story and making it so contrived with their formula (successful formula).

They ought to realize that this show got here because of it's uniqueness and not because of the falling scenes, dupatta scenes or the eye locks alone.

We saw the characters flow from weakness to strength (GEET) and strength to vulnerability (MAAN) and it is this journey that keeps us hooked.

They have to think up new and novel angles to the story and some unusual scenes. Please stop the FORMULA that we see in every other serial. You are losing the freshness and the beauty of what makes MAANEET so sweet and charming.

Nice Post and loved the Paragraph highlighted
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: rushtrip

hey brigette you are on a roll...

i really really feel that even this show will meet the same fate as so many others...call me cynical if you will but the first jhatka comes at 3 month mark...that we have, they have started using the formula..now.the 6 month mark will come up with so out the box twist that they are highly improbable, not palatable ones..then..by one..year...end..this forum will have the haunted look/feel about it...

with strewn skeleton of the days gone by...of Maaneet moments that were and could have been...of love..and freshness that died at the altar of TRP...it is so cliched...

@ RED ..... Very neatly summed ..... the start of  ROT on TV serials ... Agree with you 100% ...

Never-ever watch a serial for more than 6 mnths ..... I've learnt the lesson the hard way !!!! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

@ Bri ... Awesome post Bri ... you've put into words what was on all our minds ! ๐Ÿ‘
Farzu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Guys this is nothing to complain about so just chillout

Its not that bad.. I like their eyelocks . Its so intense, their both falling in love so obviously they'll have duppatas flying, and Geet tripping here and there and ofcourse Maan saving her . ๐Ÿ˜†
sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i have posted this topic link in their official site on fb...its better if we let cv's know our fear! Maybe the'l think of some new ideas!Edited by sweet_chilly - 13 years ago
Bugger thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome post โญ๏ธ.....and i agree with every word of it .....Great Job. I too hope they come out of falls and eyelocks and take the story forward with care and logic rather than ruining it by dragging.
Till now it had been all good but i think from here they should pull up their socks again and move on.
VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hi !

When you say the CV's have lost it, I just hope to God that
THEY HAVEN'T !

and we still have good times ahead

VJ