Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
well ithan i m naive 😆 but i dont think dadi wd turn evil or anything ... i mean look at the way she views geet ...  she actually likes geet and remember the way she ignored sasha? she is not impressed by clothing .. or polished attitude ... or anything of the image that sasha projects .... so far she hasnt shown any streaks of pride ... she is self-confident yes ... and very assertive but not to the point of being selfish or arrogant ...

her history with maan is definitely complex and i think it has more to do with different views of how to handle whatever dev did ... i guess dadi was in favor of punishing dev but felt that throwing him out of the house wd be a bit much .. and maan disagreed ... who knows but she clearly loves maan .. it is seen thru her desire for maan to return to that haveli ... the way she wants maan to marry but she is looking for someone who wd actually suit maan and not a blue blooded heiress ... and the fact that for maan she wouldnt mind a small town .. may be middle class gurl .... as she said "khandaan" doesnt count here ....and her teasing maan abt geet clearly reveal her affection ... finally maan himself shows alot of affection for his dadi ma and clearly has a high regard for her ... would he have done that if he had at any point felt that his dadi was biased or unfair?

as for her liking NT .. she hasnt seen her real face has she? with dev she knows he is a charmer ... she is smart enuf to realize that but than again he has also been careful around her which is y she hasnt seen his true colors either ....ultimately the dadi ma here is a strong character ... normally with shows they tend do associate strength of mind and stubborness with vamps but they havent done it here ... so i dont believe dadi is -ive ... i  think she will support geet rather than NT or Dev when the full truth comes out

adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Soulster

exactly! this has an essence of Sidney Sheldon's "master of the game" where Kate Blackwell, the powerful empire builder matriarch has 2 granddaughters - Eve and Alexandra. she loves both equally and dotes on them but for diff.reasons. alexandra is kind and humane so kate wants her to take care of their empire's charitable trusts n all...whereas she sees exactly herself in eve...strong, stubborn, powerful and outgoing which is why she wants eve to be the direct heiress. kate loves them both but esp trusts eve...just like the relation between maan n dadi.
only this much is similar...the rest of the story is way alag! where kate finally ends up disowning eve, because eve is basically a black character in the book!

this show is much inspired by "master of the game" which is one of my fav Sidney book. the character Adi resembles in a way with Kate's son Tony. both the characters has this habit of stammering wen talking to the person they admire the most...but otherwise they talk normally with other ppl.
Tony stammered in front of Kate and Adi wen in presence of Maan.
Viji79 thumbnail
Who cares as long as Maan is as strong as he is now. He would never change his views for anyone once he has made up his mind.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: Soulster

hehehehhehehhe ok u have done it again!

this time u r right about the fact that dadi had asked maan to leave [not thrown out] but she does feel for him as much as she does for dev n vicky. c'mon yaar moms, dadis, nanis...they never dichotomize their feelings for their own children.
besides, dadi is shown as a strong character who has a mind of her own even if she is slightly sentimental with age. and she trusts maan with the entire khurana empire which means she especially trusts maan out of the 3.
already dadi is developing a soft corner for geet and eventually when she will find out the truth, she'll personally THROW naintara out!

So agree! couldn't have said it better! I think Dadi has a special place in her heart for maan b/c he's the most caring and most responsible! Also she likes Geet b/c she's traditional and after her geet is the only one who can get through to maan! I highly doubt she's going to turn negative!
SWKIA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I dont think so i think dadi dear will wallop churailtara
😡
and her ghulam grandson's (Dev... but of course..)dirty bottoms out into the street.

She seems to be a super character and the only one Maan seems to be like and be soft towards other than Geet these days. In fact there could be chances when she will them up set up using cupid chopra uncleji...🤣
Edited by SWKIA - 13 years ago