Balika Vadhu

Smita isn't the subdued bahu! - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Smita Bansal aka Sumitra, the coy soft-spoken bahu in Balika Vadhu says in real life she is nothing like her reel character. She is not at all like the subdued, doormat bahu that she portrays in the serial.

"No one can take me for granted. I am not that subdued in real life at all and I always make it a point to put forth my views. But yes, one thing that I follow very strictly is to never answer back to my elders even though at times I may feel that something is not right," says the actress.

Smita is a part of a very large, loving and extremely supportive joint family and that is where she gathers her strength from. Mother of a seven-yearold daughter, Smita says, "My only connect with my reel character is that like her, I will always strive to keep the family together, come what may."

The actress has been laughing a lot these days — quite a welcome change from the tearyeyed woman we see on screen. She took a break from her daily rona dhona to do a comedy play — 'Want to Get Rid of My Wife' by Parritosh Painter. Smita flashes her sweet smile as she says, "The response which I received for this play was amazing and refreshing. I attempted comedy on stage after a really long time." She says that though she has fun doing theatre and likes the kind of immediate audience response that theatre allows, she will always do television. "Television is my life and I am extremely close to it. I have been into TV for the past 12 years now and theatre for the past three years. TV has a massive worldwide reach and the money is much better than theatre. I just love acting, be it TV, theatre or ad films," she says.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Smita-isnt-the-subdued-bahu/articleshow/6133706.cms