Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Elizabeth Darcy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: ___fanaa4u___

please do not compare shyam's pathetic character to vanraj's in HDDCS---he was completely selfless and took his wife to her old lover just that she cud be happy, he was not sum psyhcopath that got crazy about a dead man and left his wife in the hospital, vanraj's character was beautiful! sooo amazing that it made nandani fall in love wid him---this is called selflessness, this is called pure love----shyam's character is completely contradictory to the character of vanraj!!

How completely selfless was Vanraj, really? He could have easily tried to talk to her *before* marriage, couldn't he? Wasn't his first reaction towards Nandhini violent? And he was definitely not a saint -- he did lose his temper many, many times.

I don't think any of us has a right in deciding what "true" or "pure" love is -- every person is different and every person has his/her own way of showing love, but with loving someone always comes expectations. Shyam may have not done the right thing, but to use the term 'psychopath'...please, fanaa, refrain from using such terms if you don't know what they mean!

EDIT: Sugna was definitely the one to constantly bring up references to her deceased husband -- not a few but many times, without Shyam's instigation! Fine, he married her, but does she always have to drill it into his head about Pratap? If it wasn't wrong for her to go to his barsi what was stopping her from telling Shyam where she was going? What was stopping her from telling Shyam she loved him? If Sugna had just been honest rather than jump to her own conclusions, Shyam might have at least realised that she trusted him.

Plus, this guy's not much older than she is. If we're ready to see her as a young woman who may not always act mature, I don't see what's stopping us from seeing how Shyam's youth can lead him to make not-necessarily wise decisions.
Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Elizabeth Darcy

How completely selfless was Vanraj, really? He could have easily tried to talk to her *before* marriage, couldn't he? Wasn't his first reaction towards Nandhini violent? And he was definitely not a saint -- he did lose his temper many, many times.

I don't think any of us has a right in deciding what "true" or "pure" love is -- every person is different and every person has his/her own way of showing love, but with loving someone always comes expectations. Shyam may have not done the right thing, but to use the term 'psychopath'...please, fanaa, refrain from using such terms if you don't know what they mean!

EDIT: Sugna was definitely the one to constantly bring up references to her deceased husband -- not a few but many times, without Shyam's instigation! Fine, he married her, but does she always have to drill it into his head about Pratap? If it wasn't wrong for her to go to his barsi what was stopping her from telling Shyam where she was going? What was stopping her from telling Shyam she loved him? If Sugna had just been honest rather than jump to her own conclusions, Shyam might have at least realised that she trusted him.

Plus, this guy's not much older than she is. If we're ready to see her as a young woman who may not always act mature, I don't see what's stopping us from seeing how Shyam's youth can lead him to make not-necessarily wise decisions.

he does not like 'lies' yes he initially got violent but thereafter have supported andn loved his wife!!! he was sooo selfless that he took nhis wife and gave it to sum other guy!!!! he was amazing!!! shyam is nothing like him! wat is the big deal in going to a barsi? and i have personally not seen her mention pratap many times especially after the consumation, sugna at a point of time understood shyam's anger towards pratap hence she stopped mentioning him!! i remember sugna remembering pratap once or twice and remember shyam getting absolutely violent about it!! it is not like she mentioned him every day or even every week, aqnd itr was shyam who had lied that he did not mind her remembering him!!! and as far as i remember i dun remember her mentioning him after their consumation and so wat if she did?? shyam the saint who said that he will be standing wid her or will be friends wid her or have no expectations of her was sooo low that got jealous of a dead person! bravo! he abandoned the child he called his own! bravo!! a dishonest and hypocritical characterEdited by ___fanaa4u___ - 13 years ago
Elizabeth Darcy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

he does not like 'lies' yes he initially got violent but thereafter have supported andn loved his wife!!! he was sooo selfless that he took nhis wife and gave it to sum other guy!!!! he was amazing!!! shyam is nothing like him! wat is the big deal in going to a barsi? and i have personally not seen her mention pratap many times especially after the consumation, sugna at a point of time understood shyam's anger towards pratap hence she stopped mentioning him!!

Um. You still haven't answered my question. If it WASN'T such a big deal, why didn't Sugna just go ahead and tell Shyam about it? To use *your* quote, why shouldn't Shyam be just as hurt about a lack of honesty too? And interestingly why is it okay for you that a "pure", "selfless" man can be violent with a woman who he's hardly really even spoken to, but condemn a boy half that age to hell because he fell short of his own ideals?

It's more a question of trust than of anything else. Do you notice also that ONCE Nandhini is more honest with Vanraj, he takes things in his stride? Do you see much of that honesty with Shyam/Sugna? I don't think so. In the Vanraj/Nandhini relationship, the moment Nandhini started to open up Vanraj at least found it easier to be the giving husband. Sugna, bless her, for all her love of Shyam, has never once even revealed how she felt about him. I think HDDCS's Nandhini at least deserves some applause for being honest about her love for Vanraj when and as she discovered it!

What all of us are trying to say here is that Shyam is human. Just as Sugna is. It would be nice if people stopped making either of them into these larger-than-life Draculas!

Sugna *stopped* mentioning Pratap? 😆 
Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 13 years ago

Um. You still haven't answered my question. If it WASN'T such a big deal, why didn't Sugna just go ahead and tell Shyam about it? To use *your* quote, why shouldn't Shyam be just as hurt about a lack of honesty too? And interestingly why is it okay for you that a "pure", "selfless" man can be violent with a woman who he's hardly really even spoken to, but condemn a boy half that age to hell because he fell short of his own ideals?

It's more a question of trust than of anything else. Do you notice also that ONCE Nandhini is more honest with Vanraj, he takes things in his stride? Do you see much of that honesty with Shyam/Sugna? I don't think so. In the Vanraj/Nandhini relationship, the moment Nandhini started to open up Vanraj at least found it easier to be the giving husband.

What all of us are trying to say here is that Shyam is human. Just as Sugna is. It would be nice if people stopped making either of them into these larger-than-life Draculas!

Sugna *stopped* mentioning Pratap? 😆 

a person who leaves a woman in the hospital cannot be called humane, second of all she has appologised for going to the barsi and it was only a barsi it was not like she had an affair wid a guy!!!! sugna was honest wid shyam in telling him about pratap but her honesty went against her!!! even though the shyam the mahaness knew everything before hand, he is basically pissed of at the woman who he has favoured who cud not favour him bak!!
doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

a person who leaves a woman in the hospital cannot be called humane, second of all she has appologised for going to the barsi and it was only a barsi it was not like she had an affair wid a guy!!!! sugna was honest wid shyam in telling him about pratap but her honesty went against her!!! even though the shyam the mahaness knew everything before hand, he is basically pissed of at the woman who he has favoured who cud not favour him bak!!

OK, so you want to say Fanaa that a person can do a mistake, can break trust and then just by apologizing, can get away with it !!! 😛  Wow! Great! Then after few episodes, when Shyam will come and say sorry to Sugna, will your opinion change about Shyam?( It has been revealed that Shyam Sugna will unite)

The whole crux of the problem is TRUST.

Do you believe that Sugna trusted Shyam?  Please answer this question.

If she trusted Shyam then why did not she tell about the Barsi thing first and then go to Barsi? Why did she jump to conclusion that Shyam or his mother will not support her?

If Sugna could not trust her husband who has fought with the entire world for her  and could easily betray Shyam and his family,  then what's wrong with Shyam of being suspicious of Sugna's feelings regarding their child?
Moreover, she herself has made it clear that she is very insecure  for Varun after birth of their child.

Shyam left Sugna in hospital because he did not trust her. It says - You get what you reap. Sugna did not trust Shyam and she is getttng the same thing from him.

Edited by doyelpakhi - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: doyelpakhi

OK, so you want to say Fanaa that a person can do a mistake, can break trust and then just by apologizing, can get away with it !!! 😛  Wow! Great! Then after few episodes, when Shyam will come and say sorry to Sugna, will your opinion change about Shyam?( It has been revealed that Shyam Sugna will unite)

The whole crux of the problem is TRUST.

Do you believe that Sugna trusted Shyam?  Please answer this question.

If she trusted Shyam then why did not she tell about the Barsi thing first and then go to Barsi? Why did she jump to conclusion that Shyam or his mother will not support her?

If Sugna could not trust her husband who has fought with the entire world for her  and could easily betray Shyam and his family,  then what's wrong with Shyam of being suspicious of Sugna's feelings regarding their child?
Moreover, she herself has made it clear that she is very insecure  for Varun after birth of their child.

Shyam left Sugna in hospital because he did not trust her. It says - You get what you reap. Sugna did not trust Shyam and she is getttng the same thing from him.

wat r u trying to say that a husband can be rude and abandon his wife leave the kid and blame it all on his wife?? shyam is wrong thats why he is soon gonna appologise to sugna and will suffer as sugna will not forgive him! r u for real???????? u r justifying shyam's such grave mistakes by saying that it is sugna's fault---how pathetic---she just went to a barsi of a dead man get over it!!!! she did trust shyam but shyam soon enough proved that he is not worthy of being trusted! sugna's miscarriage was an accident but shyam's walk out and rudeness was not!!Edited by ___fanaa4u___ - 13 years ago
MissSanity thumbnail
Well...I haven't commented much earlier but on this one thing, I felt I SHOULD comment.

I would like to share my opinion from two perspectives - one from Suguna's side and one from Shyam's side.

To all those people who think Suguna has done a big crime by remembering Pratap, tell me something, would you have considered her a great person if she had forgotten Pratap the moment a new guy came to her life? Wouldn't she then be considered disloyal to her love for Pratap? How many of you have truly seen a widow remarriage in real life? Do you think it is easy for that woman to forget her husband so easily? Small small things can bring back memories of the past (don't tell me that doesn't happen in your lives too) and when she has shared so many beautiful moments with Pratap, how can she forget everything at the drop of a hat? Also dont forget the time frame they've shown in the serial. It's not been even a year since she's married to Shyam. Few months is nowhere enough time to forget ur past. In spite of it, Suguna has tried her level best to move on and she's come to love Shyam. Agreed, Shyam did a great favor to her by marrying her...but does that mean she should live the rest of her life feeling indebted to him? Then why give it the name of love? In love, you wouldn't expect somebody to be always thankful to you. And more important than anything, she had never promised him anything when she agreed to marry him, it was Shyam making promises big time. She in fact had made it clear that she can never love anyone other than pratap, in spite of it, she made efforts to put aside her past. So how can you all blame her for anything? The only thing for which I find her at fault is for having had sexual relationship with Pratap when it was not the right time.

Now, coming to Shyam, what he did by marrying Suguna was a great thing, truly...but then it is obvious he did it in josh. After all, at that young age, it feels great to feel mahaan, it can be a heady feeling. He got so carried away that he kept making promises right and left without thinking of the consequences or thinking if they are really practical. For those of you think Suguna is to be completlely blamed, how can you forget the mahaan dialogues of Shyam on the terrace? Wasn't he the one who said, even if Suguna doesn't love him back, his love will be enough for everyone?    But then, he was able to forget everything in one moment!!! To accuse Suguna of murdering her child was cruel. Understandable if he gets angry that she went to Pratap's barsi without telling him, but the level to which he went was abominable. Even now I'm not saying Shyam is a bad guy, but it's just that he's a guy who has easily forgotten his own words.

And oh my god.....I just looooooooooooooooved Suguna's acting in that episode, and her dialogs were just too good. Great work writers! After a long long time, I truly liked an episode.
disha_sen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

😆😆😆😆

fanaa thats news for me. when did that happen culd u just point it out

Originally posted by: disha_sen

it is not only a shyam who is a hypocrite u r one also!! u have been telling me not to argue, and now u r doing the same! i really dun think sugna has mentioned shyam after the consumation, and wat is the big deal if she mentions him?? she mentions soo many peeps, it is not like she is crying over him or drooling over him or sumthing they are sum sweet memories that she has that shyam himself admitted there is nothing wrong in keeping! how is that being unfaithful??????? and look i think my point has been proven in the show it was shyam who appologised!!! it was sugna who became the bigger person and let go of her ego and accepted him bak!

second of all---i only remember very few incidents when she mentioned him---it seems like a lot cause shyam made a big deal out of them!

doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

wat r u trying to say that a husband can be rude and abandon his wife leave the kid and blame it all on his wife?? shyam is wrong thats why he is soon gonna appologise to sugna and will suffer as sugna will not forgive him! r u for real???????? u r justifying shyam's such grave mistakes by saying that it is sugna's fault---how pathetic---she just went to a barsi of a dead man get over it!!!! she did trust shyam but shyam soon enough proved that he is not worthy of being trusted! sugna's miscarriage was an accident but shyam's walk out and rudeness was not!!

I really don't understand why are you harping on the fact of dead man's barsi!!!  It is not about Pratap, it is about Sugna. In a relationship of husband-wife, it is expected that husband or wife will not conceal anything from each other. But Sugna did not tell him.

You are saying Sugna trusted Shyam... then WHY COULD NOT she tell him her decision of going to barsi? What stopped her from telling her? Why did she fear? If we believe that another person loves us truly and will support us for our right decision, then we do not hide anything.

But Sugna feared and jumped to her own conclusion. It means that she did not
trust Shyam and thought that Shyam will not support her.

I am not telling she should have asked permission, but IMO Sugna should have told Shyam about her decision as she had taken right decision to fulfill her duty for Pratap.

If she thought that Shyam will get hurt if she mentions about Pratap, then she should have done it with all honesty. She should not have gone there. She should have put Shyam before her duty to go to barsi.

I think Fanaa, you have some different perspective about honesty and trust which we ordinary mortals do not have.

As far as Shyam's decision of leaving Sugna is concerned then I never said he did the right thing. But he was angry enough to think logically and it is Sugna who has given him enough reason. If Shyam is dishonest ( per you) then so is Sugna.

@ MissSanity - It is true that shyam made big promises and Sugna said she will love PRatap always.

But Sugna herself ACCEPTED Shyam's love. I do not know if you watch all the episodes or not - but in one of the episodes, she took Pratap's name unconsciously in their intimate moments and Shyam heard it. It happened after Sugna herself accepted Shyam as her husband. Shyam was hurt but he still consoled himself saying that he has accepted Sugna with pratap's memories.

Now, when Sugna accepted Shyam as her husband, why did not she show her trust for him?

Shyam was angry not because she went to Pratap's barsi but she was hiding the fact from everyone. It is not jealousy really - it is the pain of being not trusted. Yes, Shyam overreacted, but when someone gets too angry, logic does not apply to an angry person. Moreover, it was clear to us from the beginning that whatever Shyam did was to hurt Sugna. It was a kind of revenge for Sugna's deeds.

He knew in his heart that Sugna did not kill their child and it is revealed in his conversation with Suman.

P. S - @ fanaa- Sugna has forgiven Shyam and has returned to his house. 😛

Edited by doyelpakhi - 13 years ago