Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

carpe-diem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Tulsey, Tanya di, Sid Baby happy Canada day. great to you have guys as neighbors and friends ðŸ¤—
Edited by carpe-diem - 13 years ago
Tulsey thumbnail
Thanks Casper.  I am a proud Indian as well.  I go to visit my India every year.  India has it's own beauty....
When I returned to India, the 2nd time after almost 2 decades and when the plane had started to run to touch the ground in Delhi, I had uncontrollable tears and my little daughter at that time was rubbing my back saying that it was alright mom you can enjoy your time here.    Oh God why did you make emotions....
carpe-diem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i had a similar experience, i didn't not cry however😆 maybe cos i was only 14 when i went back after like 10 years and of course it was early June.  it was early in the morning when the plane landed in Mumbai and then i had to catch a flight to Ahmadabad, and when the plane landed in Ahmadabad. i felt the hot air surrounding me. and all i could think about was oh God please let me be healthy for the next 2 months. it was the thought of meeting my family cousins, aunts, uncles...it just overwhelmed me.  i had the best time of my life in India and most of my early childhood memories are from being in India.......oh how i miss it.

each place we have lived in or live in are very special.😃
😃Edited by carpe-diem - 13 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

To my dearest friends Tulsey, Tanya and Sid Happy Canada day to you and all other  IFians residing in Canada....Enjoy the fireworks.....

Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
Malajiji thumbnail
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CANADA

LOVE U
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN..
XOXOXO
unknown18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Tulsey

The most memorable time that Nov night was when the plane came close to Toronto, the pilot told us, "we are now in Ontario and on our way to Toronto", and when we looked below as we got closer to Toronto, the whole ground was lit with lights...OMG..it looked like Diwali.....the whole visible ground was so lit so lit that we just went ..OMG..OMG..We moved in our seats like pathetic going-to-be FOB's.  We had no care of our surroundings, didn't care what people thought of us...we were just sort of jumping in our seats.  We landed late evening and it had snowed that very day.  My 2 brothers and I were so excited that we did not sleep for days......

Tulsey, we came here in April so there was no snow. I always sit on the isle seat so I cudnt see through the window but when the plane was going closer to the ground, we cud see houses so I jumped near the window nd looked down. We saw so many roofs nd houses in a row. They all looked the same. I was like yeh saray ghar ek jaise kyun hain😆 nd then I said yeh to bilkul doll house jaise dikhte hain😆 My sister had a doll house just like the houses here. It was pretty hot that day. Everything looked soooo clean nd clear. We went to our uncle's house in Mississauga nd stayed there a couple of days. It was sooo quiet. In Pakistan, our house was on the main road so we cud hear the traffic all the time so it was very quiet, especially at night. I didnt cry that much till my dad was in Canada but he left after we moved in an apartment. I cried sooo much everyday. I didnt talk with my dad for a month bcoz I wud start crying as I wud start talking so I wud make any bahana nd run away while my mom talked with my dad. Even today I start crying nd I really avoid him when he leaves Canada bcoz I know I will cry a lot😳
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Awwwww Sid 🤗You are just sooooooo cute...
Tulsey thumbnail
Sid you are so sweet.   i would have done the same too.  I always loved my dad.
-ALI- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Happy Canada Day to All Of you!!! 🥳