Meet the new faces of Zara Nachke Dikha

kishubedi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Star Plus' celebrity studded show Zara Nachke Dikha has reached its last leg and all set to conclude next weekend. One will have to wait with bated breath to see which of the two genders emerge victorious. It is also going to be a win-win situation for one of the six finalists who will shake a leg with the celebrities. With a deep desire to being noticed and winning accolades from the judges, the six faces are working hard to put their best foot forward.

Rigorous rehearsals and continuous practice might have tired them, but there is not a single hint of nervousness on their faces. The six finalists believe that coming this far in itself is a reward of sorts which they will cherish forever and their primary focus will be to impress the viewers with their talent. Indya introduces the six contestants to ZND fans:

Showing 1 of 6 images

Sonali Gujral: She has also done a couple of ad-films like Docomo and Met Life Insurance,

but she is still nervous about her debut on the show.

"Yes, I am nervous and feeling low in confidence. I know Vaibhavi is known to be pointing out

the minutest details and being a celebrated choreographer, it is only expected from her to do so." says Gujral.

Sonali lost her father when she was in Std VI and the family faced a lot of financial crisis. She shouldered the responsibility of taking care of her family. Interestingly, she hasn't been formally trained in dancing and has picked up the art by watching actors perform in movies.

She considers the stage of ZND to be the biggest platform a talented dancer can ever dream to get. Says she, "Getting through the competition and making it to the finale will mean a lot to me.
I want to show the guys that girls are at par with them and when it comes to dancing they can outshine them any given day. I have been working hard to impress the judges with my performace."
Showing 2 of 6 images

Tanvir Beig: The most talkative of the lot, Tanvir is sure to bowl you over with his innocence and simplicity. Tanvir who is the youngest among seven siblings, lost his father four years back. This turned out to be a major setback in his life as his mother hasn't been able to recover from the shock. He would have never imagined making it to Mumbai and participating in ZND if it was not for his sister who convinced their mother to allow him to go to Mumbai to pursue his dreams.

"I am here because of my elder sister Shabana who has convinced my mother to allow me to participate on Zara Nachke Dikha. My mother has been unable to recover from the loss of my father and grandmother. She fears that I might not return to her by settling down in Mumbai. I just want to tell her that she means the world to me. I am sure she's watching me on the screen. I don't care about winning or losing as reaching here in itself is a big achievement. We have been selected out of lakhs of people and Star Plus has provided us a golden opportunity to get noticed and share the stage with the celebrities," states the lad.

Beig wants to get through the competition to give a befitting reply to all his critics. He says, "I am really thankful to all my critics and distracters as if it was not for them, I wouldn't have pushed myself to reach so far. They felt that I have run out of luck and my career in glamour industry has reached its nadir. By getting a chance to share the stage with the celebrities, I have shown them what I am made up of."

Beig's dancing idols are Mithunda and Govinda. He will credit his win to Hina ma'am, his principal and Mr. Rajesh nayyar who handle the fashion department at Bhavanipur College. Incidentally, the lad is a huge fan of Rakhi Sawant a lot because of her guts and straightforward nature. "She likes to call a spade a spade. I really admire her for her guts," he states he.

Showing 3 of 6 images

Sapna: She might look meek, but she is out there to outshine all her co-participants with her strong will and persistence. Sapna hails from Ahmednagar. Since she was from a small town, she could not undertake any sort of formal training due to the lack of proper classes. A graduate in commerce stream, Sapna is currently pursuing her MBA.

Reaching the final stages of Zara Nachke Dikha is like a dream come true for this small town girl. Says she, "I am fully confident that I will make it. My concept and act is strong and I am sure that the judges are going to like it too. I am going to perform with the celebrities has boosted my morale. Winning or losing it is all in my destiny but I will always cherish the moment as this is once in a lifetime opportunity."

Her favourite contestants from the show are Mukti Mohan and Sushant Singh Rajput and favourite judge remains to be Vaibhavi Merchant. Dance is her passion and she is leavin no stone unturned to make it to the show. Her forte is classical and Bollywood dance forms.

She will perform to a fusion of Morni baaga maa from Lamhe and Taal se taal mila from movie Taal. "I on top of the world. I have been given a wonderful opportunity to showcase my talent in front of renowned judges. I don't feel any kind of pressure as I know at the end of the day its only talent that will take you places."

Showing 4 of 6 images

Shravan Mehta: For this Mumbai-bred lad dance is in his blood and he cannot think of a life without dance. For him Shaimak Davar is his idol. He feels that his co-contestant Ansh can pose a stiff competition to him but he is determined to out-perform all of them and make his way into the show.

Participating in Zara Nachke Dikha is like a dream come true for him and he is working hard to impress the judges with his potential and talent. He is looking forward to performing and sharing the stage with the stars on the show. "I am hoping that the celebrities welcome us with open arms and make us feel comfortable. I think that the girls stand a  better chance to win the show as they are more flexible, expressive and open to experimenting. My main focus will be to impress the renowned choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant."

He is unruffled by the chances of losing out to his five friends who are also sweating it to win their ticket to fame. "I won't be heartbroken as I am sure if not this, some other opportunity is awaiting me," he  states. He is performing on a medley of Shahid Kapoor's popular numbers and will be showcasing hip-hop dance form.

Showing 5 of 6 images

Neha: Born in Kolkata and brought up in Mumbai, the girl exhumes confidence and flaunts the right kind of attitude. She feels that the show is a big platform to showcase her talent and will give her, her moment of fame. Dance happens to be her passion and she has been dancing ever since she was a child.

She feels that people think that dance is an off-beat profession and you put a lot at stake when you choose to make a career in it. Says she, "People used to think that dance is an off-beat profession but the norm is changing for good. If you are focused chances of you making it to the top increase by many times. Not everyone is blessed with this art and if I am why not make full use of it."

Neha is performing on Aye Chhori Zara Nachke Dikha from Cash. She desired to showcase the Bollywood style of dancing but has been asked to attempt classical form of dance. Not a trained dancer in classical forms, she is a bunch of nerves but is determined to put her best foot forward. Unfortunately for her, she fell off the stairs while rehearsing and broke her nail and sprained her leg. Reeling in pain, she is sure to come back with a bang.

Showing 6 of 6 images

Ansh Bagri: This Delhi lad has been rehearsing round the clock to get his moves right as he knows that this is the golden opportunity to be noticed and spotted by the who's who of the industry. "The platform of ZND is the best possible opportunity to get the right kind of exposure in the industry. It is very important for me to win the contest as it will be a huge opportunity for me but if I am not able to make it to the contest, I will be happy for the one who makes it among the six finalists," says Bagri.

"We are already winners and have proved our mettle by reaching here. I am not thinking about the outcome but I am sure the six of us will set the stage on fire with our talent and performances", adds the lad. He is performing to the popular number of Bachna Aye Haseeno and is looking to win the heart  of Jennifer Winget, the host of the show. His focus will be to entertain the judges and audiences with his performance and even if he doesn't win, he will leave along with the memories that will last for a lifetime.

Well all can do is pray that the best man or woman wins the contest.

Edited by kishubedi - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy_girl_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks..no teenager..I thought they would have chosen teenagers for TRPs..lol
Anjali96 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
i wish they didn't bring any new contestants...just ruins the show...πŸ˜”
anywas gud luck to themπŸ˜ƒ
mehbeer09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
wttfff sorry guyss but they ruinedd itt i thought they would bringg starss from tellyy showss but im sadd tht ZND Will end soooon,, im gonna miss sushant's danceeee andd otherr contestant.all wereee my favooos. i wontt watchh the neww season
roshniv3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalii...xXx

i wish they didn't bring any new contestants...just ruins the show...πŸ˜”

anywas gud luck to themπŸ˜ƒ

i agree
cookiebeast thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

They better have some powerpacked performances or I will throw my popcorn at the TV and cancel my subscription to Star

PS Happy 100th Post to Me πŸ‘
shivani003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
They better be good! Otherwise I would only bother watching Mukti n Siddy's acts... and that too on the internet 
xx-Rai-xx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
they better be good or else i watch ZND online and skip their performance
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
When will they perform?
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
lets support these new faces