Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
@joie de vivre i wish u wouldnot have called sallu asshole, that really irritated me
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with her comletetely, except for the sallu part. I LOVE Sallu to bits, lol
I have a soft spot for him that refuses to go away 😳
ladygaga thumbnail

I am thinking of giving up my lazy comment writing on this forum  after reading the  stuff written by joie de vivre.  πŸ˜† 

Although I dont agree with some of your comments, joie de vivre you have put them across very well, so well that I want to agree with them. :)
Esp about the inspirational part. I agree there are far better figures of inspiration for women than an Ash.

AnVishtian thumbnail
Originally posted by: joie de vivre

[DIV]First and foremost, Chetan Bhagat ain't a good writer. He just isn't. I'm sorry, but anyone who knows their writing can attest to the fact that he is a lowbrow writer whose work is catered towards the lowest common denominator. Nothing wrong about that, per se. Not everyone can strive to be Bellow or Nabokov, but I hate to see this dude run away with an impression that he is an intellectual 😲and is making smart and clever comments.

I agree with every word you said!
Especially this part about his writing, I am a person who loves to write myself and I might not be as good as the professional authors but I do know that this dude CAN NOT write.
Actually, He already getting away giving people the impression that he is smart and knows what he says and does, when, like you said, his comments don't hold any water whatsoever.

Anyway about the topic,

One can't write and the other can't act. I really wonder what I have to be envious about there? πŸ€” Once they both learn how to be better at that then I shall start changing my opinions on them. Until then, I won't be inspired by either you Mr.Chetan Bhagat or be Ash-inspired.
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow great article, stars kid do get many chances, but outsiders for some way get critized like a lot or faces a lot of problems. Difficult for them to make a name. For instance I don't think Abhishek would be succesful if he wasn't big b son. The lasted starkids like Sonam and Ranbir they get so many chances. It is annoying, but it is truth. I don't see nothing wrong with it, it is reality how society works. But I hope it changes.  
As for the Aishwarya envy maybe it is true or maybe not. People love to critize. And is Aishwarya  the target that is for sure. But Aishwarya has deal with it. Every human person is envy sometimes. And haters will be haters, you can't change them calling them envy.  πŸ˜ƒ  Edited by ashnapower - 13 years ago
maya123 thumbnail
I think the writer is very presumptious to believe that people do not like her because they are envious of her. That may be true but it is warped way of thinking that easily justifies the argument why people should
like her.
Why some people do not like her and some like her. Easy. We are human and we do not like everyone that we meet. simple. It does not mean that we 'hate' people, though we do use the word 'hate' very liberally...

We all have individual tastes and dislike people based on that. That is all there is to it!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I agree with what most of you have said! Actually if Chetan had read the reviews Ash got positive reviews for her performance, they really weren't criticizing her performance, but the editing, the slowness of the story, and Abhi's performance!

Also, I disagree with a lot of what Chetan wrote b/c even though she isn't a star child, she still has gotten far better opportunites than star children and that too b/c of her looks! She was widely noticed for her looks more than her talent in her initial years! That's why she started out as a model and then dove right into films! I think people saw past the beauty and noticed she had talent when she started giving stellar performances! Also she took off the make-up in Raincoat and Choker Bali and perople again realized she wasn't all about the glam!

Also, if people don't give Ash's performances it doesn't mean they're jealous. For example, Kareena isn't my favorite actress but that doesn't mean I don't like her b/c I'm jealous! It's just a personal preference! But I too have realized that some people can be overly cruel and rude sometimes about people they don't like! Like just a few days I read a post where someone said Ash should quit films and start having babies before her eggs freeze! Now that sounds like jealousy, but it really isn't! It's more like a strong case of dislike(maybe borderline hatred) and people say some crazy things and make straight-out outrageous claims! And Ash isn't the only one that happens to...Kareena gets picked on constantly for her the attitude she used to have in her early year, Kat gets abused daily for not knowing how to act, Vidya is criticized for her dressing sense, and Deepika, Sonam, PC, and others are criticized by people who don't like them!

I think Chetan Bhagat makes some good points near the end of his essay, but using Ash as the primal example was a bad idea b/c she is one of many who gets treated badly by peoplewho just don't like her! I think it's fair to say that all celebrities get picked on, but it's not due to jealousy! However there are some cases of jeaoluy, but not all! It's just exaggerated statements and hyperboles! And it happnes to all actors and actresses!

One thing I do want to say it that there something inspirational about all celebrities! I can't say Ash is the most inspirational, but she's inspirational to me! Everyone has there own choices, but I like her many reasons, which I don't want to list now, but she is inspirational and she does have good qualities in her, and different celebrities appeal to different people!

Lastly, if star kids are picked on...then cry me a river! I'm sorry but I can't feel sorry for them! Whenever Abhi whines about the criticism he used to get for not being as great as his father...I just wanted to URGH!!! I'm sorry but there are examples of people who had no connections in life and were able to become great stars from sheer hard-work and capabilites! So I can't feel pity for star kids at all! Look at Akshay Kumar, SRK! Big B and Dharmendra(used to wait for hours and hours for auditions) and star kids don't have to struggle b/c they get the opportunites now if they don't capitalize on those opportunities it's no one's fauly but their own!
Edited by sweet coco - 13 years ago
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Its an interesting read but he has oversimplified things. In India there is certainly this attitude that only the "haves" can succeed and ofcourse Schaden freude.  One of our professors used to call this "crab mentality" - of how we love to pull people down and not allow people who are climbing up to do so.How many success stories do we really have of people from disadvantaged backgrounds. But then again we have our Abdul Kalam and D Ambani.And they were extraordinary people who excelled inspite of the odds.
 But  Chetan picked a wrong person to use as an example. Aishwarya is not liked by many for several reasons and not for just being an industry outsider.Her beauty opened up a lot of doors for her but then again she stayed on track and has managed herself verywell.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
^Exactly! Ash's major strength is her beauty! I mean that's why she got all the opportunities that she did! I think CB was making a good point but he should have used another person as an example! I think if Ash didn't look as great as she does she wouldn't be in bollywood, I think the acting and talent comes in later! If she was ordinary looking and tried auditioning for roles she probably would have to struggle a lot more!
Also what people forget is that she never make to wait in lines for movies or audition for parts. After her modeling career took off and she won Miss World, the offers came pouring in! She is very lucky b/c God made her so stunning, but he didn't make her perfect(yes even I, one  of biggest fan is saying that)! It would be bias and wrong for me to say that people pulled her down b/c the critics nowadays are much meaner to Kat than they were to Ash in her initial years!

But Chetan Bhagat made a good point that it is human nature to not want others to do better, but most of the criticism Ash has gotten in her career has been fair. There was been unfair criticism towards her, but it's rarely about career choices and more about her personal life!
Edited by sweet coco - 13 years ago