Sasural Genda Phool

Do U think Suhana Can Ever B a Good Wife & DIL?!

*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Do You Think Suhana can Ever be a Good Wife & a Good Daughter-in-Law (DIL)?

How much ever we adore Suhana, this is one question that is lingering in everyone's mind, including Badi Ma, Radha Bua and the viewers. Can Suhana ever be a good wife to Ishaan and a good daughter-in-law to his family πŸ˜•? This is my take on the topic 😳.....

How much ever we criticise Suhanan - the way she is, her selfishness and 'toofani' behaviour, you can clearly see certain values in her. At the end of the day, Suhana is an Indian woman, and though her upbringing hasn't been upto the mark in instilling these values completely, but her father's character itself shows his values and culture. And somewhere down the line, though her father was busy with his work and business, he has definitely succeeded in influencing Suhana's character and values. If you keep aside just Suhana's 'behaviour' and analyse her, she is a woman with a good character, values and more than anything, a good human being with a golden heart 😳.

There are various instances where she has respected and portrayed her culture and values. She was about to get married to Sid in his house on the day she was to get married to Ishaan, but when she thought about her father, his feelings, his reputation, etc., she wasn't selfish enough to continue with Sid, but broke off with him on the pretext that she came there just to teach him a lesson. But the truth was that she still loved Sid a lot and preferred to marry him, but made the excuse of teaching him a lesson to hide her true feelings. She dint come there to teach Sid a lesson, but because she loved him. Even today she keeps telling herself she hates Sid, but this hatred is just a cover-up for her true feelings for Sid. Internally she still loves him inspite of the fact that she still cannot forget his words 'you are just not marriage material!'. So basically, Suhana's current feelings for Sid is a mix of love, hate, anger and disappointment. And Ishaan understands everything 😳.

Suhana knows that she is 'officially' married to someone else now, she knows inside her that it is wrong on her part to think about her past boyfriend. Now tomorrow even if Sid reforms himself and comes back to her proving to her how much he loves her, even though Suhana's heart might want to go with him, her values and culture will never allow that, and she will continue to stick to Ishaan inspite of knowing that she doesn't love him. This is not for her father's sake, but because she respects her culture and values which will not allow her to leave her husband and go with Sid.

As a daughter-in-law also, Suhana has the values of respect for elders. However she behaves with her father, but in front of her Mother in Law, Badi Ma, Dada-Dadi, etc, she has always shown respect to them, and was quite obedient to them even though she might not approve of certain things that are said or done by them. Sometimes she herself doesn't realize what she did is wrong, but when someone elderly like Badi Ma makes her understand her mistake, she accepts it with an open heart, and without any ego of being criticized, she apologizes for the same 😊.

And we all have also seen Suhana's motherly side in the scenes where she puts her teddy to sleep 🀣!

Suhana also has other human values and qualities like she is honest, straightforward, loving, caring, sympathetic and empathetic, innocent, depending upon situations she adjusts as much as she can, never keeps anything in her heart and forgives and forgets quickly 😊. These qualities contribute a lot towards successful relationships and righteous living.

Thus I would like to conclude by saying that Suhana might not be a conventional wife or bahu, but one day, the influence of Kashyap family and their values will definitely reform her into a fine wife, daughter-in-law, and a good mother 😊.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
what a post...superb one...😊comgrats!!!!

ok i will agree with each and every word you say...some of my views...

i think suhana;s big problem is understanding...she is very late in that...in her house she never had to understand anyone..may be thats the reason she has not understood her father till now...
i think once suhaana understnds that she has made a mistake or she has hurt others feelings she is ready to apologise and accept her mistake...and she also sees that she does not make it again...
since she miss her mother a lot she hasfound a mother in Badi maa...she has made up that she will never do anything against her wishes...
suhaana has a lot of childishness...may be innocence...we dont know how she was in her school and college...but form what we have seen her world was only sanju,kk,gopi kaka and dolly didi...then suli sudi and sid...she never knew the outside world...she does not understand when people are speaking against her(may be iam beating arnd the bush)..

anyways,,,with the entire family...(suhaana herself has accepted the family...she used to say crowd..) i think suhaana can become the best wife and DIL...and she also has a very loving husband in ishaan...

i dont know guys...i really want suhaana to undersatnd her father soon...
i mean he has done a lot to bring suhaana single handedly...as @topic starter said he has given her values and culture...and tried his best to make up for the loss of her mother
Originally posted by: shwetha.spring

what a post...superb one...😊comgrats!!!! Thank you, glad you liked my post 😳.

ok i will agree with each and every word you say...some of my views...

i think suhana;s big problem is understanding...she is very late in that...in her house she never had to understand anyone..may be thats the reason she has not understood her father till now...
i think once suhaana understnds that she has made a mistake or she has hurt others feelings she is ready to apologise and accept her mistake...and she also sees that she does not make it again...I agree with you totally, Suhana's main drawback is she takes time to understand things. I wouldnt say she is not an understanding person, its just that she takes time to understand things which she is not used to, as she rightly calls herself a TUBELIGHT πŸ˜†! Thats because in life Suhana never had to understand anyone, be it her father, sister, Dolly didi or Suli & Sudi. All these people accepted her the way she is, and everytime something happened, Suhana was always the one who was understood by all of them.

since she miss her mother a lot she hasfound a mother in Badi maa...she has made up that she will never do anything against her wishes...
suhaana has a lot of childishness...may be innocence...we dont know how she was in her school and college...but form what we have seen her world was only sanju,kk,gopi kaka and dolly didi...then suli sudi and sid...she never knew the outside world...she does not understand when people are speaking against her(may be iam beating arnd the bush)..Very true!

anyways,,,with the entire family...(suhaana herself has accepted the family...she used to say crowd..) i think suhaana can become the best wife and DIL...and she also has a very loving husband in ishaan...

i dont know guys...i really want suhaana to undersatnd her father soon...
i mean he has done a lot to bring suhaana single handedly...as @topic starter said he has given her values and culture...and tried his best to make up for the loss of her mother
Suhana will eventually understand her dad the day she realises the true value of Ishaan and his family. Right now she still believes that her dad has wronged her, and his decision to get her married to Ishan is a big mistake. Time will prove to her that her dad's decision was the best one for her, and that day not only she will forgive her dad, but will also thank him for giving her such a wonderful happiness in life, as happiness from love and relationships is much above materialistic happiness. Being with the Kashyaps, very soon Suhana will realise this truth πŸ˜‰!

My comments are written in bold blue πŸ˜ƒ!

vishmewell thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My comments are in RED
Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

My comments are written in bold blue πŸ˜ƒ!

NidhiMittal thumbnail
wt a post.......................
allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Appu, yaar... what a beautiful posting..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘..Jahanpanah....tussi great ho..... tofha kabool karo...... 🀣

I loved this topic all the more as it has a wide scope of discussing about the motherhood for/in Suhana .... Appu... very well espressed the innate qualities of Suhana...πŸ‘. Shwetha well expressed the understandability factor in her...πŸ‘... and Vish rightly expressed the adaptability factor in Suhana..πŸ‘..

I would like to divert the topic for some moments to just any girl child.... Haven't we seen any girl child getting this motherly trait right from a small age?... whether it's  her crave to play with babies and the playing of mumma games prompts her desire for a second one to her mother or her genuine desire for sharing her life with a sibling.... but it is most of the time a girlchild  advances her desire for a second child to a mother..😳.. girls r always caring and affectionate and this quality tends to show up in them at a very small age.... they tend to show up maturity to take care of their siblings well and start showing up a motherhood trait most of the time observing their mothers.... coming back to Suhana.... we would not have imagined suhana having such a trait in her for Sanju at her young age due to the sudden demise of her mother to whom she had been so much attached.... so possibly seeing and learning the traits from a mother was never possible....but ...

1. She has been a wonderful person ... very cautious about not hurting people around her intentionally and apologising too if she has been found guilty without any hesitancy or egos...

2. She is a great observer... she found how badi maa tried to please Panna in her childhood days with her muskaan so she observed and she returned the same to badi maa when she required that the most... she is observing many things from badi maa whom i think she is finding an ideal for her self.... Also she is learning many rules, systems of a JF either thru mistakes or by observing but is very much following it with all respects as she clearly said that the western dress code is not allowed... this shows she is indeed adapting herself to the ways of a parivaar ...

3. But at the moment she is yet to understand what it means to live in a parivaar.... she yet has to understand what it is to be a wife and a DIL.... but the day she knows it she will do her duties flawlessly..... the term TUBELIGHT will no more be synonymous to SUHANA then....πŸ˜†

4. The mother in her is showing its caring side too as said earlier too that she is fond of putting the teddy to sleep..πŸ˜†.. we may find that scene a bit weird that Ishaan is addressing to her about a genuine prob and she is doing that silly act..πŸ˜•.. but there is a hidden meaning to that... it talks about her attachment ...she has a great deal of attachment to things and even if it is a teddy , it gets its due importance.... so...

5. If it is give birth to a life who will be her own flesh and blood.... won't she be a good mother? I believe... every woman born is a great mother... for me the question does not actually arise whether one can be a good mother or not as all mothers r great.... giving birth to a new one itself is like a second innings of their life....

A woman who has missed her motherhood all the life when she would hear about being a  mother...i guess that will be the happiest moment of her life... and  give it the best...!

this feel to give the best to a child will make the best of a mother in her too.!
Great post Guruji....I mean dewdropji...I mean Appu jiπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Loved reading it...however...I cant think of giving my views coz it wud look stupid if I give my take on whether she will be a good DIL when I already know the storyπŸ€ͺ...but dont think that I havent read the post...Loved reading it...and the replies too..............πŸ˜ƒ
bholabear thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Great post everybody and great comments too from all.

I agree with all of you - meri itni himmat ki disagree karoon?? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Just one request, Shounak-rijul, can you pleeeeaaaasssseeee let some of the cat out of the bag, since you know the story? pleaaassee? Just an ankle or knee maybe?  🀣 Badi tension hai what will happen on Monday with the 3 heroines, oh sorry bhabhis dressed in western outfits and trying to creep out.

Reminds me of my early working days when I was out partying with my colleagues, telling my folks I was working late. 🀣 πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ€£
Originally posted by: laxmi_s

Appu, yaar... what a beautiful posting..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘..Jahanpanah....tussi great ho..... tofha kabool karo...... 🀣

I loved this topic all the more as it has a wide scope of discussing about the motherhood for/in Suhana .... Appu... very well espressed the innate qualities of Suhana...πŸ‘. Shwetha well expressed the understandability factor in her...πŸ‘... and Vish rightly expressed the adaptability factor in Suhana..πŸ‘..

I would like to divert the topic for some moments to just any girl child.... Haven't we seen any girl child getting this motherly trait right from a small age?... whether it's  her crave to play with babies and the playing of mumma games prompts her desire for a second one to her mother or her genuine desire for sharing her life with a sibling.... but it is most of the time a girlchild  advances her desire for a second child to a mother..😳.. girls r always caring and affectionate and this quality tends to show up in them at a very small age.... they tend to show up maturity to take care of their siblings well and start showing up a motherhood trait most of the time observing their mothers.... coming back to Suhana.... we would not have imagined suhana having such a trait in her for Sanju at her young age due to the sudden demise of her mother to whom she had been so much attached.... so possibly seeing and learning the traits from a mother was never possible....but ...

1. She has been a wonderful person ... very cautious about not hurting people around her intentionally and apologising too if she has been found guilty without any hesitancy or egos...

2. She is a great observer... she found how badi maa tried to please Panna in her childhood days with her muskaan so she observed and she returned the same to badi maa when she required that the most... she is observing many things from badi maa whom i think she is finding an ideal for her self.... Also she is learning many rules, systems of a JF either thru mistakes or by observing but is very much following it with all respects as she clearly said that the western dress code is not allowed... this shows she is indeed adapting herself to the ways of a parivaar ...

3. But at the moment she is yet to understand what it means to live in a parivaar.... she yet has to understand what it is to be a wife and a DIL.... but the day she knows it she will do her duties flawlessly..... the term TUBELIGHT will no more be synonymous to SUHANA then....πŸ˜†

4. The mother in her is showing its caring side too as said earlier too that she is fond of putting the teddy to sleep..πŸ˜†.. we may find that scene a bit weird that Ishaan is addressing to her about a genuine prob and she is doing that silly act..πŸ˜•.. but there is a hidden meaning to that... it talks about her attachment ...she has a great deal of attachment to things and even if it is a teddy , it gets its due importance.... so...

5. If it is give birth to a life who will be her own flesh and blood.... won't she be a good mother? I believe... every woman born is a great mother... for me the question does not actually arise whether one can be a good mother or not as all mothers r great.... giving birth to a new one itself is like a second innings of their life....

A woman who has missed her motherhood all the life when she would hear about being a  mother...i guess that will be the happiest moment of her life... and  give it the best...!

this feel to give the best to a child will make the best of a mother in her too.!

Very well said Laxmi πŸ‘! Motherly instinct is something which is inherent in all we women 😳. And am sure once Suhana becomes a mom, she will be a totally different person itself!

Actually my mom used to say, when I was a baby, I used to have a doll and the way my mom used to pamper me, I used to pamper that doll 😳. Its like I used to raise the doll high up and ask the doll cute questions, the way adults do to babies πŸ˜†!

Then when my sister was born, I was only 1 and half years old and my mom used to say, generally I was very possessive of my mom, and if she ever pampered any other baby, or kept any other baby in her lap, I used to start attacking that baby and eventually start crying πŸ˜†. So my mom never used to touch any other kids except me πŸ˜ƒ. Then when she got pregnant with my sister, she was really worried as to how I would react as obviously my mom would have to take care of the baby right, so if I dont like my mom touching any other baby, how will she manage . Then when my sister was in her womb itself, my mom used to keep telling me that she is my baby sister, and that I will have to take care of her and stuff (God knows what would I have understood at that time as I was barely 1 πŸ˜†!). But it seems when my sister was born, she was the only baby towards which I never showed any dislike when my mom pampered. Infact it seems I used to encourage my mom to take care of her and I would myself go and pamper her the way I used to pamper the doll πŸ˜† (like would always keep kissing her, placing her in my lap, etc 😳).

And even today, I still cant stop pampering her yaar πŸ˜†. Both of us are really grown up but still she comes to me to be pampered and I even now I kiss her and pamper her a lot πŸ˜†! But only in private ok 😳, in public we are really very shareef and dont do all that πŸ˜†! And you know, my sis had developed the same possessive feeling towards me, its like if my mom pampers any kid, she wouldnt have a problem, but if I pampered any other baby, my sis would start getting jealous πŸ˜†! Even now when I pamper any baby, she says as a joke 'ya ya you go and pamper that baby only, dont come to kiss me' πŸ˜†!

Originally posted by: bholabear

Great post everybody and great comments too from all.

I agree with all of you - meri itni himmat ki disagree karoon?? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Just one request, Shounak-rijul, can you pleeeeaaaasssseeee let some of the cat out of the bag, since you know the story? pleaaassee? Just an ankle or knee maybe?  🀣 Badi tension hai what will happen on Monday with the 3 heroines, oh sorry bhabhis dressed in western outfits and trying to creep out.

Reminds me of my early working days when I was out partying with my colleagues, telling my folks I was working late. 🀣 πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ€£

Hey, glad you liked my post yaar 😊. Btw, there is a thread where all discussions about the Bengali serial OBS is conducted. In that thread I think the story is also there. Actually, discussions about OBS only takes place in that thread as most of the members here dont want to know ahead as to what happened in OBS, as they want to enjoy SGP and dont want to lose out on the surprise elements πŸ˜‰.