A page from the personal diary of Rati -Article

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

When Mumbai's floods shocked me

Rati Pandey

A page from the personal diary of Rati Pandey

Talking of path-breaking moments in my life this one time that my whole life underwent a change was during the floods. When I came to Mumbai, I met with a disaster called floods. It was not very easy for me then because I was this bade ghar ke ladki and when I came here I had to stay in a one- room kitchen flat. It was a struggle for me and unfortunately for me this was Mumbai's monsoon. It was in July when the city was struck with floods. I stayed in suburbs and it would take five hours to reach home from the nearest shopping mart. I was lucky enough to be dropped by two people back home on the horrifying day.

It was difficult for me because I have never ever struggled so much in my life. My whole flat was filled with water. I had to eat biscuits because there was nothing else I could do. After some 15-20 days I got a break from Star Plus for the main lead. I was very happy because I had always thought I would do a main lead in any show I work for. But the days during the floods were the most difficult days of my life, something I can never forget.

Professionally there is always a challenge when I am doing a show. I believe that there are ups and downs in one's life, be it personally and professionally but I accept it with a smile. But one turning point in my professional life now has to be the death of Nupur in Miley Jab Hum Tum. When I was informed about the character dying in the show I had several questions in mind. I mean, why Nupur? I was completely attached to the character. I had played it well enough. I loved my life as Nupur. The viewers loved me as Nupur. I shot to fame with that character which has given me everything I am today. But I was completely shocked when the producers told me that Nupur would no longer be a part of the show. It was difficult to accept. But I am happy now. No regrets. Though I am sure my fans are finding it very difficult to accept my absence as I have been receiving loads of emails and messages. My fans have loved Nupur immensely and it is very difficult to digest her sudden disappearance from the show. I want to tell them that I am touched by their responses and appreciation for Nupur. I will reply to them very soon.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

affu123 thumbnail
😭 already posted dear....
this makes me cry...cv's hav lost a gem..
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks for the article!

She was terrific as Nupur!
annie07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Rati was life of MJHT...........there can be no show without her............

Producers will regret this every day
natasha.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

hey thnx alot 4 sharng...havnt seen b4

awsumgirl thumbnail
So true annie producers will regret in future because they lost the gem..
Rati was livewire of mjht....
affu123 thumbnail
Originally posted by: awsumgirl

So true annie producers will regret in future because they lost the gem..

Rati was livewire of mjht....

she is a livewire...the show is nuthing without her..
stuti123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i feel terrible after reading it ............an actress who wasso dedicated to her work gave 200 % to her character ............cvs through  her out ruthlessly ..................they are going to pay for this big time ..........................they dont know wat they have  lost.......................mjht is doomed without Rati cvs just wait and watch your barbadi ..........in front of your eyes .................you deserve it fully .................
yasri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This means Rati is still in MJHT.............this article made me sure that Rati will come back as Nupur soon........I'm very optimistic
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Telly CHakkar Article's Not Allowed

Closed