Fashion and Beauty

What brand of makeup brushes do you prefer?

Sophiadolf thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I have mostly MAC brushes and I am happy with all of them. I recently purchased a Smashbox crease defining brush and it's also excellent.

Just wondering what brushes you ladies like to use. Do you have a favorite brush that stands out?

I love my MAC 219 brush as well.

Edited by Sophiadolf - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiannax143 thumbnail
i love my MAC brushes, and i also invested in a couple sigma brushes because i like to travel a lot and sigma brushes are just as great and much much cheaper! so when i travel i take those with me..the smashbox eyeliner brush is great as well
i'm not really sure, I used to work at MAC so it was kind of necessary for me to familiar with every brush although i didn't necessarily have to own all of them but i did invest a good deal of money in most of the burshes that MAC has..so i'm not really sure if i have a favorite out of all my MAC brushes but maybe the 187,224, and 219 :)
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Umm...this is embarrassing but i dont have any make-up brushes! i dont wear any make-up on my face... i wear eye make-up more :)

BUT, i was planning on taking a trip to MAC and investing in some eyeshadow brushes :)

And possibly pick out a powder foundation or just plain powder for my face :)

neelu22 thumbnail
mac and smashbox are the best i think
.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
- i like using MAC brushes but i use estee lauder more.
.Selena-Lauren. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I love all my MAC brushes, but since last december I'm lovin' all of the sigma brushes I got sent for free. :)

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Okay...

sigh , this may sound so silly. I do not own a great set of make up brushes. I do not wear makeup very often so somehow never felt the need to buy high end brushes. Mine are usually from Chambor or any other brand. But recently I purchased a foundation and concealer from MAC and the lady who applied it on my face used a brush . I use a sponge but now im planning to use a brush for foundation / concealer application too . So that means il hv to go out and get one for myself.

Does the brand of these brushes matter - as in will a MAC brush be easier to use than a not so expensive one ?

and - which is better ? sponge or brush (for foundation application) ? Which one of the two gives a better / smoother finish ?

(I see most pros using their fingers to blend foundation . )
kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loreal :)
Edited by kawal_tak - 13 years ago
pinka28 thumbnail

well i am searching some tips

can anyone tell me which are essential brushes for a makeup  kit for a beginner 
.Selena-Lauren. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

^ Hey Pinka28,

I've answered your question
at the FnB Help Desk :)

E.