Momma's boy grow older - Article on Rajesh

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Rajesh Kumar shot to fame with his quirky character of Rosesh in Sarabhai vs Sarabhai. He also made a mark with his performance in serials like Baa Bahu aur Baby and Comedy Circus.

Now, he is playing the lead role in yet another comedy show titled Mr. and Mrs. Sharma Allahabad wale.

Quite shockingly, in his acting career of ten years, this is the first time Rajesh is flying solo as all his earlier shows were multi-starrers.

"I had no qualms working in multi-starrers. I still managed to carve a niche and the audiences still remember me for previous roles," says the actor.

When asked how it felt to be the centre of attention for the first, Rajesh confesses that the thought makes him nervous but it is the right time to exploit the opportunity.

The show is already on air and is receiving a very good response. The concept and the lead pair's comic timing is being appreciated by the viewers.

When asked to reveal something more about his character Rajesh says, "The story is a classy comedy about a middle-class couple who move from a small city to a big city and how they adjust to their surroundings. My character is that of an idealistic husband who is loyal to his wife and gives her enough space. The romance shown is very sweet and beautiful."

On his expectations from the show Rajesh says that he strongly believes that comedy gives an actor enough space to explore various dimensions.

"We are sure we'll create a hit this time too," he adds.