Pavitra Rishta

Sushant Singh Rajput article - THE HINDU

deepaanand Groupbie
deepaanand
deepaanand

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 10:19am | IP Logged

i am so happy for you sushantBig smile

Actor Sushant Singh Rajput is flying high on the success of "Pavitra Rishta"

A failed engineer to a successful actor. That is the journey young Sushant Singh Rajput has undertaken over the last four years or so. At one time, he was studying at the Delhi College of Engineering to become an engineer. The fate had reserved other cards for him. Now, a popular figure with Zee TV's Pavitra Rishta , in which he plays the character of Manav, Sushant had the childhood dream of becoming an Air Force pilot whereas his family wanted him to be an engineer. He left both the options behind when he met ace choreographer Shiamak Davar.

Davar drilled into him the thought that life is all about the beauty of the movement. Then Sushant got the opportunity to perform at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne alongside ex-Miss World Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Recalls the actor-dancer, "The performance was aired and watched in over 250 countries and that was the moment I said to myself. It was just the right platform for me."

Sushant, who is now known more by his screen name Manav, hails from Chandigarh and is brother to four sisters. He was sent to Delhi by his parents to become an engineer. He bunked classes and often hung out with friends and missed many semesters. Moving to Mumbai, he then started his career behind the camera by assisting director Mohit Suri. Theatre with Barry John and Nadira Babbar followed soon after.

Entering the world of television was just a cakewalk for Sushant as he didn't even have to give an audition. "I was performing for an NGO at Prithvi Theatre where the production team of Pavitra Rishta saw my performance and immediately signed me," he says. The serial, which has struck a chord with the womenfolk, promises to have lot more to offer. Manav and yet another character of the serial, Archana, will be heading to court for their divorce in the show which will be telecast on May 31.

Edited by deepaanand - 29 May 2010 at 10:19am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

SeemaPia2111librarypassUbuntuucutegirl94nikhilsahaiOnePieceGHT_ArMancarpe-diemSavvyPiyatrixLotusPetalsGur.N.coolgaurimishaMonu-SunNaa

Piyatrix IF-Sizzlerz
Piyatrix
Piyatrix

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 10:26am | IP Logged
thnx fr sharing Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

carpe-diem

LotusPetals IF-Sizzlerz
LotusPetals
LotusPetals

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 11:00am | IP Logged
It was a crew from BT camp who caught him nd signed him up for Kis Desh without audition ( he played Preet ) .. and he isn't a failed engineer, he jst stopped his studies midway and concentrated more on his acting career .. hmm

thnx 4sharing Deepa :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

zzzzzzzzzzfffffcutegirl94unknown18gaurimisha

cutegirl94 Goldie
cutegirl94
cutegirl94

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tasnime

and he isn't a failed engineer, he jst stopped his studies midway and concentrated more on his acting career .. hmm

hmmmm u r sayin right he is nt a failed engineer he concentrated more on his acting career.....thats y v gt manav nd preet.......WinkLOL

thanx for sharing! Smile

Edited by cutegirl94 - 30 May 2010 at 6:02pm

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top