Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Oh Jennny!!! You'll be happy to know that Andie is done for the season. ;)
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Jaan730

Oh Jennny!!! You'll be happy to know that Andie is done for the season. ;)

I LOVE THIS! 👏 But she better not come for Next season either. Thank god. Now I can enjoy the rest of the 2 episodes.😃
GoldenPanda. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
These spoilers are making my head spin! I think I'm just going to watch the finale instead! Though, I'm pretty sure that I'll be in for a BIG surprise for sure! Things WILL happen, things that I probably won't like. :(
-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Looking forward to all the upcoming DE scenes!!!
JennyPenny thumbnail

'Vampire Diaries' exec teases Damon future

The CW

The Vampire Diaries' executive producer Julie Plec has dropped hints about what is to come for Damon on the show.

In the last episode, Damon (Ian Somerhalder)discovered that he had been bitten by a werewolf.

Speaking to TV Guide, Plec explained that the bite will have a big impact on Damon as the season comes to a close.

"The finale is basically the end of the road of Damon's journey for the year," she said. "He's done so many things and made so many choices that have been so screwed up and now he's at the end of his life, so he believes, and he needs to come to terms with all the decisions he's made in the year.

"Not just in the year, but since Katherine seduced him 145 years ago. [He'll be] reliving those mistakes that he made with Katherine [and] trying to get Elena's forgiveness."

Plec added that Stefan (Paul Wesley) will be desperate to help Damon, saying: "[He's] determined to do anything he can possible to save his brother. Stefan's whole cross to bear is, 'Wait a second, my brother is finally showing his humanity? The humanity that I took away from him 145 years ago? I can't let him die now!' But there's no cure, so what the hell is he going to do? That's the finale."

Plec also refused to confirm whether Damon will survive the season but said there will be "severe and tragic consequences".

"If you guys don't believe the consequences are life or death, then we're not doing our job," she said. "Unfortunately we've set into motion this ritual that needs a lot of sacrificial elements. We hope that the audience trusts our decision as storytellers to make those right decisions. There will be decisions that are not popular, always."

The Vampire Diaries airs on Thursdays at 8/7c on The CW in the US and on Tuesdays at 9pm on ITV2 in the UK.

JennyPenny thumbnail
'The Vampire Diaries': What to expect in "The Sun Also Rises"

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 'The Vampire Diaries': What to expect in "The Sun Also Rises" - Los Angeles TV Insider | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tv-insider-in-los-angeles/the-vampire-diaries-what-to-expect-the-sun-also-rises#ixzz1LJcwSBuK

Continuing where "The Last Day" left off, this week's episode of The Vampire Diaries, entitled "The Sun Also Rises," takes place over the rest of the night during which Klaus (Joseph Morgan) tries vehemently to perform his sacrifice ritual and unlock his werewolf side. But that doesn't mean that some of the characters lesser-seen last week are tucked away again now. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

Series Executive Producer Julie Plec promised that this is the moment when "Miss Kat Graham is at her most fierce!"

That's right, Bonnie is back! And so is her boyfriend, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen). And that makes LA TV Insider Examiner very, very happy. In a world that so deeply embodies over-the-top drama, we feel these two are the most real and grounded characters, and we just love watching their young love blossom.

"[Jeremy] is aware of everything around him, and he's trying to do everything he can to protect [his family], but he's just on a different level of strength, so there's only so much he can actually do," McQueen shared.

Click here for a photo preview of "The Sun Also Rises."

"Why this show works is because it can deliver all of that," Plec pointed out. "It's when you're in that most intense genre moment, and peeling the onion layers of the mythology, and can have that human moment."

Plec likens it to "being in the bubble" and said she always reminds everyone on the staff-- crew, actors, sound mixer, editor, composer, etc-- that something that takes a quarter page of stage direction is actually all about the moments in between and what is not being said.

As you saw last week, there was a killer bubble moment between Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) first standing up on the hill at the waterfall when she broke down and admitted she has all of these dreams for herself that she can't carry out if she becomes a vampire, and then when she literally tells him to close his eyes before she is taken to Klaus.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 'The Vampire Diaries': What to expect in "The Sun Also Rises" - Los Angeles TV Insider | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tv-insider-in-los-angeles/the-vampire-diaries-what-to-expect-the-sun-also-rises#ixzz1LJd4F1K1

The script page says 'She's standing there. She says 'Close your eyes'. He closes his eyes and she's gone.' Build the bubble here," Plec explained. "Taking your music and wrapping it around the characters and dropping out the ambient sound…and letting the music sort of soar over them so it's like these two characters are operating within their own little bubble."

Those "drop-out" moments almost let you get lost in the coupling of the characters and forget the crazy "world as we know it is going to end" situations surrounding them. Almost. After all, the two characters who managed to hold some innocence this whole time had it shattered, and that truly changes everything.

Jenna (Sara Canning) not only learned that vampires actually do exist, but she started a transformation into one and is on the verge of being sacrificed. Now the other characters have to spring into action not only to save her, but also to stop the course of events saving her will set off, namely Klaus looking for a different victim.

Matt (Zach Roerig) is also now "in the know" about his girlfriend's true self, and Plec shared that while Caroline (Candice Accola) has always had a very hopeful and idealistic belief that he will just embrace her for what she really is and their love will go on, "it just goes so horribly awry!"

"Now, we're watching him look at her and wonder 'Can I love her anyway'?" Plec previewed.

But though Matt may struggle with the thought, fans won't be left hanging for long. This is the penultimate episode of season two, and Plec also promised the answers would be immediately forthcoming.

The Vampire Diaries airs at 8pm on Thursdays, only on The CW.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 'The Vampire Diaries': What to expect in "The Sun Also Rises" - Los Angeles TV Insider | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tv-insider-in-los-angeles/the-vampire-diaries-what-to-expect-the-sun-also-rises#ixzz1LJd7GjZ0
kchaims thumbnail
new thread as i dint find a new thread posted yet and this has passed 150 pages

TVD promos and spoilers

-Nayab- thumbnail
Someone needs to PM Bhav/Rachu to close this thread 😆...