CW announces fall schedule

preity*zinta thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

CW announces fall schedule

By Amber Dowling

2010-05-20

Network cancels three, adds two

There are some changes over at The CW this morning, as the network announced shifts in its upcoming fall schedule.

While TV's zipcode drama 90210 has been renewed, the network is shifting it from Tuesday to Monday nights, in an attempt to pair it with another soapy teen drama, Gossip Girl.

That means One Tree Hill, a series which received an eleventh hour renewal, will now air Tuesdays alongside returning series Life Unexpected.

Tyra Banks remains strong on Wednesdays with her model franchise, and so the next cycle of America's Next Top Model will serve as a lead-in to Hellcats, a new series starring Alyson Michalka and Ashley Tisdale about the world of competitive cheerleading.

Also new on the schedule is a remake of the Canadian series La Femme Nikita, which itself was a remake of the French film. The new Nikita stars Maggie Q (Mission Impossible III, Live Free or Die Hard), and McG serves as the producer. Other casting has not been announced, although it looks as though last names are optional.

That series will be paired with the return of The CW's latest saving grace, The Vampire Diaries, on Thursdays. Which means Supernatural is experiencing the same bump Smallville did last season to Friday nights.

Not returning are last season's flops The Beautiful Life: TBL and Melrose Place, along with midseason replacements High Society and Fly Girls. So far, slated for midseason this year is reality weight-loss series, Shedding for the Wedding.

The complete fall schedule is as follows (all times ET).

MONDAYS
8 p.m.  90210
9 p.m.  Gossip Girl

TUESDAYS
8 p.m.  One Tree Hill
9 p.m.  Life Unexpected

WEDNESDAYS
8 p.m.  America's Next Top Model
9 p.m.  Hellcats (new)

THURSDAYS
8 p.m.  The Vampire Diaries
9 p.m.  Nikita (new series)

FRIDAYS
8 p.m.  Smallville
9 p.m.  Supernatural

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preity*zinta thumbnail
Yay, so OTH's been renewed along with Life Unexpected :)

Melrose was cancelled - I was sorta digging what they were doing with the stories.

Oh and I'm looking forward to Nikita - I like a good kick ass girl action show :)
xoxolively thumbnail
Thank you for the information.

I'm so excited for the return of GG and TVD.I love this show.
KajenLuva thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the info !

OTH VD and 90210 renewed awesome! =)

yayy, for vampire diaries and gossip girl.
ii kinda liked High Society, so that  sucks..
but w/eeee..
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
90210 shud be cut off.. so shud OTH - i mean it's had like 7 seasons now! it needs to be wrapped up so that a new show can take its place... i wish life unexpected wud've continued -- there were two many loose ends that need to be tied after the finale.. ohw ell... but i really want some new show to start... the only show worth watching nowadays is vd.. they need to start a new show with some hot guys asap ;)
preity*zinta thumbnail

^ Life Unexpected has been picked up!! They only aired 13 episodes, so I believe they get another 9 or something.

I agree 90210 should be cancelled - I never hear anything about it - what are there ratings like anyone know?

Though OTH has had its run - I would've been PISSED off if they ended with this season after they way they left it.

music_l0ver036 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am so freakin mad that Supernatural is movin to Fridayss
grr those shitty CW production house .. that stupid new show isnt even good! It looks messed up =]