Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neeba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
If I might add here, only looking at the comfort level between GK and YG, be it the Holi bash by Colors or any of the interviews, we have all thought about them getting together. And as they say, 'there's no smoke without fire'.

But, given the way that the media publicizes even non-events, we have to take everything with a pinch of salt. Finally, its their life and we can just speculate.
Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: tvrasika

Thanks Eks and Avnee. Interesting issues being raised here- does an actor owe it to the audience to inform them about his/her private life? Does the audience have a right to know about the actor's private life? 

Nope .. I don't think the audience has the right to know about the actor's private life. But guess, fans are such .. if they like some actor, they wish to know more about him/her, which is fine as long as one knows where to draw the line and not obsess over it.

I personally think private lives are private and should remain so. That said, it is also true that actors come to this industry knowing that their activities will be watched and commented on. As a viewer, my only request is that they behave in a responsible manner.

As for whether production houses ask the actors to keep details of their private lives secret in order to benefit the program, I think that's silly. Smrit Irani was married, wasn't she, when she came to Kyunki? She even had two kids I think, through the duration of the serial. 

Yes, it is silly for prod. house to refrain the actors from revealing their status and other things. Dunno if it works on television as much as it did in films .. but even that was many years ago. Nowadays, most actors are very open about their relationships and marriage. Aamir hid his marriage to Reena, coz he wanted to make an impact as a 'loverboy' with QSQT. On the other hand, Hrithik never hid his relationship with Suzanne before & after the release of KNPH. The audience still accepted him .. and for most fans (like myself), respect for him grew manifold. He also got married in the same year of his release. About Smriti Irani .. she was unmarried when she started the show, got married and had kids through the course of the show. Also .. her marital status did not affect her image, coz hers was a typical 'bahu' image, not so much of a lover. Plus, her audience were the aunties and housewives .. not so much the youth, which is a key factor.

If an actor is married or has a steady partner, it's o.k if he/she says nothing. But i hope he/she never says 'I am not married, I don't have a girl friend' etc... that's just a lie and they may lose audience respect.

Agreed. But again, it depends from person to person .. actor to actor. For eg.. Husien never owned up to having a girlfriend (for 6 years since the time he became an actor) .. but that coz, he had a reason - he kept it under wraps, until they got approval from Tina's family. As a fan, I don't see it as a 'lie' .. rather, I respect him more for not making it public.

malwica2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
great to know that they r so close frends!
bohemia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great points, Gayu and Eks. Fans turn into fanatics is where the problem lies. In my personal point of view, we are nobody to judge an actor/actress w.r.t. their private life. Unless they behave in a highly irresponsible manner.

As for keeping their private lives secret, it is more to do with the shelf life. Once an actress, esp. in bollywood gets married, her career is all but considered over. And the actors tend to lose some of their fan following (apparently) if they are in a relationship. TV actors/actresses have it better.

If we can have the likes of Meryl Streep and Susan Sarandon in Hollywood, why not in India.
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Eks,
Interesting point about Hussein and Tina. I understand why they would want to keep things under wraps till it is confirmed. But I would hope an actor in such a situation would say 'I don't wish to discuss my private life' rather than say 'I don't have a girlfriend'. Is that not disrespectful to the girl friend herself? Just my POV...

But I do agree about your general point that fans should not 'demand' or 'obsess' about actors' personal lives.

@ Ritika, like Eks says, I think the film industry has changed a bit, esp Hindi film industry. People like Kajol act without a worry about their marital status affecting their box office value. Have no idea about the TV world but perhaps that will change too...
Eksie thumbnail
@ Gaayu - Husein never said he doesn't have a girlfriend .. actually, he just never said anything. He'd very cleverly evade the topic. And also, in his case .. it was never about "Do you have a girlfriend?" .. it was always about "Are you dating/seeing Juhi?" (his costar in Kumkum) .. and that, he would deny. So yeah .. Husein was actually very lucky he was able to keep his private life .. private. He has a great support system outside of the television industry .. and they all helped Husein Tina through. Barely anyone in the TV industry knew about Tina until muchhh later 😊 

@ Ritika - I think the perception has changed within the film industry now. Today, movie-going audience don't really care much if the actor is married or not. Take Imran Khan .. he was always open about his relationship .. and that didn't deter his fan-following when JTYJN released. Same goes with actresses. Though ofcourse, not all girls are lucky to get films like Kajol or Madhuri get. So guess, at some level .. girls are still wary about the relationship status.

bohemia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes, there is a change for the better. We have a new genre of 'multiplex movies'. Being a bit cynical here, but would Kajol 's comeback have worked in a woman oriented/author backed role/movie. Take away SRK or Aamir Khan from her movies post marriage, would they have worked? Madhuri's Aaja Nach le went kaput

Eks. Imran Khan has not hidden his GF/fiance. It is easier for the actors... not the actresses. How many lead actresses actually confirm being in a relationship or seeing someone.
Eksie thumbnail
Agreed Ritika .. probably Kajol's films post-marriage would not have worked had it not been with Aamir or SRK, just like Madhuri's didn't. But again .. these are actresses, who are probably just working/acting now for some creative satisfaction .. rather than the money & glamour involved. They have their priorities set. But if its someone who still wants to make a name for herself .. then who knows, she might just be casual about her relationship status.

True .. nowadays its easier for the guys, and they don't hide their relationships.
maryumtalks thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Have GK/YG confirmed it yet? I heard it true that they are but can't say who told me. I guess they wanna keep it private. TV actors are very closed as well.. Like Karan kundra and Kritika Kamra never denied or accepted it during their time working together.. only afterwards they admitted it.
Anjaani_Dastaan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
can this please be true

PLEASE lol i think i would be pretty damn happy
if it did

they look so amazing when there in SBS specials and all that too =)

woooot i would be uper happy

hey who knows they mite admit some magic did happen after a while =)