Shocking GEC TVRs - Article

Posted: 13 years ago
L'il Masters rocks; Chak.. booms, Nachke.. doomed?
Wednesday, 05 May 2010 17:51

Size doesn't matter. The smaller; the better. This has been amply proved by unheralded little kids from Dance India Dance L'il Masters (Zee TV) and Chak Dhoom Dhoom (Colors) who have put their erstwhile TV stars of Zara Nachke Dikha to shame.

The three dance reality shows made their debut last week, and all of them air at prime time on their respective channels. Zee TV's DID L'il Masters has emerged as the clear winner clocking a TVR of 6.7 for its inaugural episode. This not only makes it the top show (fiction and non-fiction) for the TAM week 18 (April 25 to May 1), but it's the biggest opening for any show in the last three years. Interestingly, the preceding Dance India Dance finale could only muster a rating of 5.

Colors' Chak Dhoom Dhoom drew a TVR of 4.4 while, Star Plus' celebrity reality show Zara Nachke Dikha could only muster a TVR of 2.4. (Though, it must be noted that Zara.. airs on Saturday and Sunday whereas its two competing shows air on Friday and Saturday)

While it will be too early to write off Zara Nacke Dikha, the success of the two juvenile shows clearly indicate that the viewers are longer warming to the celebrity dance reality shows, where talent often takes second place to controversy and other theatrics. We've already seen the first casualty when Mohit Sehgal and Sanaya Irani were found wanting as hosts, and subsequently replaced by Jennifer Winget and RJ Mantra.

Rakhi Sawant proudly claimed that she'll create history at Zara Nachke Dikha. The out-of-favour drama queen should now pray that the show picks up in the coming weeks or else, she'll be confined to history.

Meanwhile, the final of Indian Premier League 3 between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings clocked a staggering TVR of 10.5 (All India market).

The top ten shows across Hindi GECS is as follows –

L'il Masters - 6.7, Pavitra Rishta 6.0, Uttaran 5.9, Na Aana Is Des Laado 4.9, Jhansi Ki Rani 4.8, Pratigya 4.7, Bidaai 4.7, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai 4.5, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo 4.4, Chak Dhoom Dhoom 4.4

Colors has regained the number spot with 288 GRPs, Star Plus is just two GRPs less, while Zee TV drops to third spot with 279 GRPs.

-- Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossip/l-il-masters-rocks-chak-booms-nachke-doomed
I was expecting ZND not to do well as viewers r sick and tired of these small screen TV stars dancing here and there/...Good star plus got a lesson now.😃..

DID is a fantastic show and it was expected to draw such huge numbers because of its weekend time slot and some fantastic young kids👏

Whats shocking for me is Colors again getting the no.1 spot in the GEC watch even though Balika vadhu nowhere features in Top 10😕...its only Uttaran and Laado which r there and of course chak dhoom dhoom too...then how come colors is no.1 this week😕..mayb the other shows got decent ratings after IPL even though they r not in top 10..

But looks like Uttaran is stalking Pavitra rishta these days...there is only a gap of 0.1 between the two😲😆..not bad..Uttaran is maintaining its position and I guess Colors is running in the top spot becuase of Uttaran only😆..no wonder they r not changing this storyline😆

Sad to see Star plus going down with their shows Bidaai and Yeh rishtaa too biting the dust

oh how is this possible??????
Thanks for Sharing..@ Jyoti,  Tapu will now compete with Sav ai for the most evil title!  😆hahahaha, but on the other hand Sav ai has changed for now!😃  Let's see kya hota hai!
i ma os happpy , Yupppy, I have seen ZND and it was a nothing but pure bakwas .............. had great expectations but highly disappointed and i was looking fora reason to avoid and thanks for rakhi and rash matas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
As expected my DID won ,,,,

Yaar dump uttaran its looser show , and i a gree wth u jyothi, like i alwayas do
Originally posted by JayaV

i ma os happpy , Yupppy, I have seen ZND and it was a nothing but pure bakwas .............. had great expectations but highly disappointed and i was looking fora reason to avoid and thanks for rakhi and rash matas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
As expected my DID won ,,,,

Yaar dump uttaran its looser show , and i a gree wth u jyothi, like i alwayas do
Jaya even I can help but to agree with u😆😳...yeah DID is one of the best weekend reality shows where u hv less of drama and more of real talent👏...So I hope it can maintain this no.1 position every week and if it can maintain it then automatically ZND will go down the drain as both hv the same time slot😆😛..

I saw ZND and was disappointed as well...how many times we r going to see these bunch of TV stars dancing😆 and then even Rakhi Sawant is getting stale now😆
Lol, ha yaar we are tired , atleast they could have used talent but no crapin ZND, but their not much of talent and unnecessary drama which makes the interest leevl stoop even low ................

Haveu seen geet ?? it rocked ..............

Lol, ha yaar we are tired , atleast they could have used talent but no crapin ZND, but their not much of talent and unnecessary drama which makes the interest leevl stoop even low ................

Haveu seen geet ?? it rocked ..............
Jaya I m yet to watch today's episode as I watch AJMBHK that time...I catch the repeat of Geet😳
But I think today's episode was about Brij and Maan encounter regarding the land issue..Can't wait to see Geet and Maan finally coming together as I m sure Geet will definitely run out of this paagal khaana in search of Dev and will land up at Maan's house😉😛... Edited by jyoti06 - 13 years ago
lol ok i will spoil little . no encounter of maan and geet even after coming so damclose , and geet was just amazing ........ honestly its refreshing to see gal trying to stand up and be strong .....

enjoy it

lol ok i will spoil little . no encounter of maan and geet even after coming so damclose , and geet was just amazing ........ honestly its refreshing to see gal trying to stand up and be strong .....

enjoy it
I m watching it now😆...last part is remaining..and woww what a mindblowing performance from Geet👏..looks like she is following Maan's advice and standing up for herself😃...but poor girl she has no idea that Dev actually ditched her😭..she still believes that her hubby is in some trouble and now she might run out of her house to search for Dev😭

I knew maan and Geet might not meet today..damn😡😭...but chalo Maan at least heard her voice after they closed the door😉😳