update 30th Apr 2010: GODH BHARAI preparations

Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Part 1

Brij tells Kabir that the woman in the photo was his wife Sushma, who used to love him and who he took complete advantage of for mercenary gains.  He starts coughing, and Kabir gets him a water.  He tells Kabir that he used to beat her, that he used to feign illnesses to get her to serve him, he pimped her for money, and despite knowing that the baby in her womb was his, he forbade her from keeping it.  Today, he's totally isolated, and has nobody by his side.  He knows that she'll never return to him, and he never gave her even a day's worth of happiness.  Now, his only prayer is that he be killed.  However, if it's possible, he'd like to meet her one time to admit his guilt and apologize to her.  All he wanted was one
opportunity.

Kabir asks one opportunity?  Brij says yes - one last chance.  However, he knew that neither God would ever forgive him, and nor would Sushma.  (How about telling Kabir what he did to Sushma's family, particularly Jyoti?  How about telling her that in addition to all that, he destroyed the marriage of Sushma's sister?)  Brij says that he's now reaping what he's sowed.

At home, Jyoti sees Sushma studying, and whispers to Dadi & Padma to come aside, and takes everyone to the other room, hushing them all up.  She told them how Sushma was sad when she heard of the Verma's godh bharai, and so when she mentioned it to Kabir, he planned it for Sushma, and it's tomorrow!!!  Dadi asks how they'll prepare everything so soon, and Jyoti tells them that Kabir has an aunt who has a hall, where everything is planned.  Everybody is impressed.  Padma asks where was the need to incur this expense, and Jyoti asks her not to worry about it.  Padma says that if her Sushma is happy, that's good enough.  Dadi asks about the plans for the song & dance, and Jyoti tells her not to worry, and just leave it to Kabir: all they have to do is make sure that Sushma doesn't get wind of it, since it's supposed to be a surprise.

Sushma stops reading and is wondering where everyone's gone.  Dadi, in her excitement, yells to prepare, and Jyoti hushes her.  Sushma comes out and asks what they were all doing there, and Dadi says preparing. πŸ˜† Jyoti looks @ her alarmed, and Dadi says preparations to go to the marriage of Munni.  Everybody agrees on this made up event. Sushma asks who's Munni - she had never heard that name before.  Deepu tells her that b4 she was born, they had a neighbor, and Jyoti says that Munni was that neighbor's daughter.  Deepu continues that she had gone away on a fellowship, and is now back in Udaipur for her marriage.  So they are preparing to go to her wedding.

Sushma says okay, and Jyoti tells her that she too is coming w/ them.  Sushma declines, and Padma demands to know why.  KK tells her that she has to go, since it's for her... and Padma stops him, and Sushma asks what was the special thing for her (this family is such a bunch of morons 🀒)  Dadi tells her that it was Munni who said that she wants to specially see Sushma, and to bring her w/ them.  Jyoti & Deepu smile @ this made-up reason, and Sushma says she doesn't know any Munni, and ain't going anywhere, since tomorrow is school.  Jyoti reminds her that tomorrow is Saturday.  Sushma asks why she's being forced - like if she doesn't go, Munni won't marry.  As it is, tomorrow, she has to study after getting up.  She leaves and everybody heaves a sigh of relief.

Part 2

Sushma is talking to Sarika over the phone, and telling her that she is confident that she's making the right decision vis a vis her baby.  Sarika tells her that she can't believe that in 2 months, that baby will be theirs.  She tells Sushma that she's given them the greatest happiness they could have hoped for.  Sarika tells Sushma that the reason she called was to tell her that her hubby had talked to Dr Rekha Agarwal, who would be the one delivering her baby.  They got an appointment w/ her tomorrow from now @ 4:00 w/ great difficulty, and tells Sushma to be there on that day & time @ Agarwal Hospital. (So not the usual Ashirwad Hospital this time?)  Dr Agarwal would check her, and Sarika would then be @ ease that she and the baby are okay.  Third floor - they'd meet her there.  Sushma agrees.

Next day, in another room, Padma, Dadi, Jyoti and Sudha (how come Bhairavi didn't make a fuss and insist that Jyoti not be there if Sudha is to attend?) are making arrangements of what to wear (similar to the stuff shown in the promo), and Sudha says that she's brought a costume for Sushma.  Padma asks her if she's brought the car, and says that they'll all use the car (this woman can't resist getting into trouble - Deepu can't take a job w/ his FIL, who is a lot friendlier to the Sharmas than Bhairavi is, but Sudha is expected to lend them the Vashisth car)  Padma shows them a piece of jewelry that Poonam has gifted - matches perfectly (incidentally, where is Poonam?  Sudha is here, but Poonam ain't?)  The others look @ her surprised, and Padma tells them that her bahu ain't all that bad.  Dadi asks where she is, and Padma tells her that she's in the other room getting ready.  Jyoti tells them that she has to leave to invite some other people, but asks them to get Sushma ready and be there. She tells Sudha not to tell anything to Sushma, and Sudha tells her that Sushma doesn't even want to go to Munni's wedding.  Dadi says she'll take care of it.  Jyoti leaves.

Poonam & Sudha are in the other room - Sudha in the costume she'll be seein in tomorrow, and Poonam handing Deepu the costume he'll be wearing tomorrow.  Deepu asks what he's supposed to do @ a lady's function (that's what I was wondering - whenever my friends had gbs, my wife went w/o me)  Poonam tells him that it matches w/ her dress (which it won't - see tomorrow).  Deepu protests, but both Poonam and Sudha insist, and leave to get Sushma ready.  In the other room, Dadi is being decked up, and Poonam asks if Sushma is ready?  Sushma comes out in her normal clothes, and they ask her why she ain't ready.  Sushma makes up some excuse of getting notes from her friends, and KK tells her that since he is unwell, she needs to come w/ them, and to do this tomorrow.  They have to be ready b4 4 o clock, and Sushma is shocked @ the time, since that's when her appointment w/ Sarika is.  Sushma protests that she doesn't want to go, but Poonam & Sudha grab her and drag her to the other room to dress her up.

Part 3

Sushma is protesting, but Sudha simply orders her to sit quiet there or else she'll be completely like a big sister, and just like Jyoti didi would prepare her for school, so would she do the same (this is totally uncharacterstic of Sudha - it's more like Sriti being herself than anyone else.  Genuinely bad acting!)  They deck Sushma up, and Poonam compliments her on how she looks (this too is completely out of character w/ the relationship that Poonam shares w/ Sushma).  They take Sushma out, and everybody smiles @ how she looks.  Padma compliments her, and Sushma asks her who's this Munni for whom she has to deck up so elaborately?  It's as though she's the bride. Some more banter.

The bell rings, and a driver in uniform tells them that Kabir has sent a car.  Sushma asks why a car is needed, and Padma tells her that they have to get there before 4 o clock.  Poonam tells them to go, and tells Padma that she'd go w/ Deepu via her father's place, since she doesn't have a matching sari for what he's wearing.  Sushma gets into a car w/ Sudha, and asks Poonam for her phone, since she has to tell her friend that she won't be able to make it.  She calls up Sarika but the network reception is poor, and Sarika can't hear her.  Poonam snatches the phone and tells them to go ahead.

Jyoti & Kabir are @ their workplace discussing the guest list.  Kabir asks Jyoti to invite Preeti (of DHKJ), and Jyoti says she's calling her.  Jyoti calls Preeti, and Preeti tells her that she was reading her 'Naya pankh' article.  Jyoti tells her that she's inviting her to Sushma's godh bharai tomorrow, and Preeti tells her she'll be there, and to tell Sushi that she's very happy for her.  She asks Jyoti to convey her best wishes to Sushma. (Since when does Preeti-ji live in Udaipur?  I thought she lives in Mathura.)  Jyoti tells Kabir that everybody is now invited, and since he doesn't like to be thanked, she won't thank him.  She tells him to come, since they have to inspect the venue.  (Incidentally, Jyoti is still in her plain clothes, while everyone else has been decked up.  But that's not what they'll be showing tomorrow)

Kabir tells Jyoti that she's forgotten to invite someone very important (Santo? πŸ˜†)  Jyoti looks @ her list and says that she's invited everyone.  Kabir grins mischievously and says that if she doesn't think he's important, that's fine w/ him.  Jyoti laughs & says she's not inviting the men - this is a lady's program (exactly!)  She leaves, and Kabir remarks that sometimes, to do something, one has to break the rules
πŸ˜† (So we'll have Kabir & Deepu dancing tomorrow, but not other men, like Uday, or Mahesh-ji πŸ˜†  But why not Brij as well, as payback for making Sushma dance in bars?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†)

Precap
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXr3DT_CZG4[/YOUTUBE]

Comments

Really boring episode.  Nothing much to say.  If Kabir is planning to just give Brij the one opportunity he wants, it's fine.  But I do hope it ends there.  I think the reason for this track was to smuggle Brij in for Saturday's program, or else, there's no reason for it.  So Kabir is going to crash this party, bringing Brij along w/ him?  That should go over well
πŸ€’πŸ˜†

Oh, and disappointed that Sarika's appointment had to co-incide - Sushma can really do w/o that stress.  Why can't they find a pretext to have Sarika there, and Sushma use the occasion to announce to everyone her agreement w/ Sarika?  Also, why does Poonam have to have her phone?  To discover what she's up to tomorrow?

Also, I didn't see Santo get invited.  Is that tomorrow?

Episode rating: πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Pluses: The Brij scene was kept to a minimum
Minuses: Really boring

Edited by Vrisha - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SEPIDEHh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you Vrisha for your fabulous update it was amazing as usual .Are you really a writer?by the way when I see you are writing the update I try to read it as soon as possible .Thanks again
Vr15h thumbnail
No, I'm not a writer.  But thanks. 😊
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Vrisha

Kabir asks one opportunity?  Brij says yes - one last chance.  However, he knew that neither God would ever forgive him, and nor would Sushma.  (How about telling Kabir what he did to Sushma's family, particularly Jyoti?  How about telling her that in addition to all that, he destroyed the marriage of Sushma's sister?)  Brij says that he's now reaping what he's sowed.

Exactly what i was thinking!! He goes on and on talking about how he hurt Sushma and used her, but not one mention of how he duped Jyoti? Infact this whole Brij being good track is strange, I keep expecting him to flash a conniving look to prove this is all his trick.

Like u mentioned, the acting today was odd and really out of character. Sudha was looking pretty though, decked up for once. Poonam was strangely civil to Sushma. The whole phone thing is going to come up tomorrow maybe, I think. Sushma used Poonam's phone to call up Sarika, but couldn't get through. Later, Sarika might call up back the number (on Poonam's phone) asking for Sushma, and Poonam then would get wind of Sushma's plans.

Today's episode was pretty uneventful, I guess their bottling all the suspense and drama for tomorrow!
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well, i must say 1 thing Vrisha, that ur style of updating episodes n putting up ur comments is really a commendable jobπŸ‘πŸΌ Well done!πŸ‘

n i agree with u... a completely boring episodeπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ nothing interesting happened only the messed up preparations 4 the godh bharaiπŸ₯±
kalika_29 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
omg
Monghi is also coming for the godh bharai but yesterday i saw that her wedding broke and here she will come and dance without taking any tension  i really give a clap to her good sense of humour .πŸ˜†
And in do hanso ka joda, surya kamal's sister is serious and he even lost his 4 lakh rs and here both the husband and wife will shake a leg with jyoti if this truth will come to know to surya kamal's mother she will surely kill him.πŸ˜†( Pad gaya pura ). Edited by kalika_29 - 14 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Kalika

Thanks - I had posted about Preeti's problems here, and had suggested that she borrow money from Bhairavi.  So Preeti & Suryakamal are here, and so is Sumi, but Rishi stays out?  Due to his drinking?  Maybe he too should have come, and he can go to Brij for counselling 🀣

Not just Monghi, but Birwa too!  Monghi's marriage has just been crashed, yet she makes it and dances, and here too, Birwa takes it away from her 🀣  And all this while, Sarang is looking @ both like he's @ a funeral.  Hey, Sarang, pick either one & dance!  And Birwa in a white sari - what is she, a widow?  Shouldn't she be wearing her sindur?  Looks totally out of character for her.  And where's Santo?

The other thing I noticed was that when Uday entered, he seemed to be making a pass @ Jyoti, rather than Sudha πŸ˜•  Hey, Uday, leave her for Kabir - you know how your mom can't stand your ex-Bhabi anywhere within a mile of anyone in your family, including Sudha.