Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli

Is our Karan brave like Kunti putra Karan

JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi friends,
                   good day!
Why does everybody like this character? Since Karan has been doing a fantastic job, is it the effect  of his divine name. As we all know, Karan was a great and important character at the time of Mahabharat. Surya putra or Kunti putra Karan is known for keeping his words under all circumstances. We admire him for his courage and generosity.

It's said that Rishi Viyas visited mother Kunti's parent's house in 4 th century B.C. and spent a few days with them. Rishi Viyas was very imressed with Kunti's services and hospitality and granted her a boon. By this boon she could call upon any God of her choice and beget a child.
Out of curiosity, Kunti still being unmarried decided to test the power of the boon. She invoked the Mantras and called Lord Surya. Surya(sun) appeared and granted her son. In due time, son was born with divine powers and protections called Kavacha & Kundals (divine earrings) or Armour suit and earrings. She placed Karan in a basket and set him afloat on the holy river Ganga. King Adhirath picked him up from water and brought him home. His queen's name was Radha. Thus Karan was raised in foster home

Guru Drunacharey who was training Pandev boys on archery and other divine weapons of warfare didn't accept karan as his student because his foster parents were not Shatryas. So Karan used to watch pandava (Yudhister, Bhem, Arjun, Nakul and Sahidev) from long distance(hidden) and practice his skills at night with the help of his step brother. Thus he was a self taught warrior.

Karan was Duryodhan's friend and when great war of mahabharat was imminent Lord Krishna approached Karan, who was known as Duryodhan's  finest warrior. Lord Krishana revealed to karan  his identity as the eldest Pandav and asked him to join their side. Lord Krisna knew that as long as Karan was on Kaurav side, it was impossible to win the bettle. Therefore Krishna assured Karan that since he is the elder Pandev, Yudhister most certainly would give crown of inderprest to him and he could become great King of Inderprest. Karan refused enormous offer because he swore fidelity to Duryodhan and was compelled to stay by his side despite his generic ties to pandevs.

All the devas(gods) set up a plan, according to that, it was decided that Inder would approach karan as poor Brahmin and ask Karan for his golden kavacha and kundals. They knew karan never let any brahmin go empty handed. Lord Surya warned Karan about Inder's dirty plan and intention and advised him not to give away his golden armour suit and earrings but Karan thanked Surya and explained that he was bound by his word and couldn't sand anyone empty handed even if it meant his death. A disguised Inder approached karan and begged his divine armour suit and earrings and karan couldn't refuse. 

It's written that on 16 th day of Mahabharat while karan was leading Kaurav side as commander in chief, he single-handedly defeated all pandavas but didn't kill them since he had promised his mother to spare the lives of all the pandev brothers except Arjun. Krisna saved arjun by using the divene Nagashastra. That is the story of Mahabharat.

I know three people with name Karan and all three are highly successful. One of my son's friend with Karan name live on our street. His parents hit a lotto jackpot of 10 million dollars last year. Folks, I wrote this story what I have read in grade 9, if you don't like it please erase it.

Jaspal  

Edited by JaspalToronto - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I like your writing but what is the moral of the story? his message?
JasToronto thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pattinson6

I like your writing but what is the moral of the story? his message?

The message is,

Keep your words and promises. You know this Karan has promised his dad that no matter what he will marry Abha at any cost.😉
ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you I had trouble understanding
JasToronto thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pattinson6

Thank you I had trouble understanding

You are welcome😊
JasToronto thumbnail