Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
I thought Maan was the main lead...cvs cannot bring Dev and Geet close again, after the foul and disgusting thing that he did by completely destroying a girl's life..its true that NT made the plan, but he went with it so he is equally responsible and as far as luving NT is concerned. He wasn't even true to her, slept with another woman as soon as he could after his remarriage without even thinking of the consequences of his actions...If there is another word that could be used for him instead of him being called as negative, then I would luv to hear it. there r even words more horrible for him for his despicable act.....but if u r offended then I don't know about others but I'll try not to call him -ve...but what else will u call such a heinous character
angeldream thumbnail
yes..i m totally agreee wid u..Dev is not playing a negtv caracter..infact he has confessed it in his interviews..i just hate naintara..who is responsible 4 all dis.. đŸ˜¡
perfectdreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This topic was made all the way in April-when the show started-
before we found out that Dev is actually playing a negative role

He fake married Geet, slept with her, left her at the airport, it was all planned and he knew what Geet's family is like. He played around with her feelings- so for me he does fall under the negative category.

Edited by perfectdreams - 13 years ago
sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wait a sec...!wats the date of the topic......silly me!
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
For me also DEv;s character is negative.......
i agree dat it was Nt's plan to marry geet n all dat..
Sleeping wid Geet was not in her plan
celestae thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Both Maan and Dev are main leads in the show..... Maan is good guy, and Dev is the bad (grey) guy.....

Dev may not be completely black or evil.... He has some inherent good qualities unlike Naintara.... And he is also easily manipulated my Naintara.... 

But still.... Dev didn't have to agree to any of these.... The problems were created by him; owing to his penchant for gambling..... Gambling is a weakness and it does not make someone evil.... But after the problem he had created, he should had the guts to find a solution also.... And that too by without cheating someone else.....

Dev always wanted to take the easy way out, that's why he agreed to Naintara's plan....  He doesn't believe in hard work....He is not even interested in business.... For him life is all about partying and fun.... 

I lost my respect for Dev, after seeing the way he has treated Geet..... I am taking about Dev here and not Abhinav.... Abhinav is a great actor, and I have a lot of respect and admiration for him.... He is doing complete justice to his role....

But coming to Dev, he didn't have to make Geet fall in love with him.... As Geet's family didn't care much about Geet's opinion or wants, Dev would have married Geet anyway... All those false sweet talks and fake promises, was not needed.... To make someone fall in love, earn their complete trust, and then break it in the worst possible way imaginable; Basically playing with someone's feelings, hopes, dreams and desires - No excuse for that... I someone did that in real life, (either to me or to someone else whom I care about), I would never forgive that person....

Another thing, there was no need for Dev to sleep with Geet.... In that act he betrayed both Geet and Naintara also.... Well I don't really care about Naintara's feelings, But still Naintara is a person who loves her husband very much...  She is doing all these to save her husband…. 

Another thing, there was no need for Dev to sleep with Geet.... In that act he betrayed both Geet and Naintara also.... Well I don't really care about Naintara's feelings, But still Naintara is a person who loves her husband very much...  She is doing all these to save her husband from all the problems he had caused....  Agree, she also wants to live an Aish aur Aaraam ka Zindagi and she is pure evil...  Still, Dev shouldn't have betrayed Naintara's trust in him by sleeping with Geet.... Naintara is the person who stood by Dev in his time of trouble, and she is actually helping Dev to get out of all his trouble....
Dev basically care only about his needs and wants.... That alone makes him a negative shade...

If we see a person in real life with all the traits of Dev, are we going to sit back and say, "That guy is not Bad, he is just grey, and its alright to trust and respect him".... Or if some one did in real life what he did to Geet, are we going to say that, " Poor guy , he was manipulated into destroying someone else's life.... So its OK, and we should support and care for him"...

Ann.

P.S: It might have come a bit strong.....  I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling.... Its just that I cannot stand seeing anyone destroying the life of someone I care about... It had happened to someone I care about a lot....It was sometime back, and I still cannot forgive him for doing that..... But still I am sorry if I hurt someone's feelings...

Jay-Dee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: celestae143

Both Maan and Dev are main leads in the show..... Maan is good guy, and Dev is the bad (grey) guy.....

Dev may not be completely black or evil.... He has some inherent good qualities unlike Naintara.... And he is also easily manipulated my Naintara.... 

But still.... Dev didn't have to agree to any of these.... The problems were created by him; owing to his penchant for gambling..... Gambling is a weakness and it does not make someone evil.... But after the problem he had created, he should had the guts to find a solution also.... And that too by without cheating someone else.....

Dev always wanted to take the easy way out, that's why he agreed to Naintara's plan....  He doesn't believe in hard work....He is not even interested in business.... For him life is all about partying and fun.... 

I lost my respect for Dev, after seeing the way he has treated Geet..... I am taking about Dev here and not Abhinav.... Abhinav is a great actor, and I have a lot of respect and admiration for him.... He is doing complete justice to his role....

But coming to Dev, he didn't have to make Geet fall in love with him.... As Geet's family didn't care much about Geet's opinion or wants, Dev would have married Geet anyway... All those false sweet talks and fake promises, was not needed.... To make someone fall in love, earn their complete trust, and then break it in the worst possible way imaginable; Basically playing with someone's feelings, hopes, dreams and desires - No excuse for that... I someone did that in real life, (either to me or to someone else whom I care about), I would never forgive that person....

Another thing, there was no need for Dev to sleep with Geet.... In that act he betrayed both Geet and Naintara also.... Well I don't really care about Naintara's feelings, But still Naintara is a person who loves her husband very much...  She is doing all these to save her husband'. 

Another thing, there was no need for Dev to sleep with Geet.... In that act he betrayed both Geet and Naintara also.... Well I don't really care about Naintara's feelings, But still Naintara is a person who loves her husband very much...  She is doing all these to save her husband from all the problems he had caused....  Agree, she also wants to live an Aish aur Aaraam ka Zindagi and she is pure evil...  Still, Dev shouldn't have betrayed Naintara's trust in him by sleeping with Geet.... Naintara is the person who stood by Dev in his time of trouble, and she is actually helping Dev to get out of all his trouble....
Dev basically care only about his needs and wants.... That alone makes him a negative shade...

If we see a person in real life with all the traits of Dev, are we going to sit back and say, "That guy is not Bad, he is just grey, and its alright to trust and respect him".... Or if some one did in real life what he did to Geet, are we going to say that, " Poor guy , he was manipulated into destroying someone else's life.... So its OK, and we should support and care for him"...

Ann.

P.S: It might have come a bit strong.....  I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling.... Its just that I cannot stand seeing anyone destroying the life of someone I care about... It had happened to someone I care about a lot....It was sometime back, and I still cannot forgive him for doing that..... But still I am sorry if I hurt someone's feelings...

very well said.... kudos
I think Dev is a grey character, which implies that there is a possibility of him redeeeming himself. However, we cannot deny that Dev has wronged Geet. He lied to her, played with her emotions, married her, got her pregnant and then ran off. Plus he's also married. Now, these are serious offences! So it is natural to dislike Dev, the character because he has badly mistreated an innocent girl.