Why do NIR familys get their sons married....?

_SuMmEr_LoVe_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
hi i'm Summer...new to the forum...love Drashti since dmg...been watching Geet for a week now...
and i have some questions regrading NIR familes.

Okay i understand why girls family like marrying their daughters of to NIR familys(NOT) i have a nabour who's done that... Their daughter ended up having a divorce within the same year of marriage. I just dont understand what's so good about marrying your daughter's of into family's you've only know for weeks and months.  Just in December my cousin's were over from Canada and it turned out that one of the familys there knew were here as well... to get their son married of. And guess what...my cousin actually knew the guy and she told me that he already had a girlfriend(white) in Canada. The only reason he was getting married was because of the pressure of his family memebers. And no one from the girl's side know's this...no one? Whats gonna happen to the girl? I feel so bad for her.

However my main reason for this post...

Why do NIR familys get their sons married into familys like Geet...when their gonna abandon the girl anyways? Is it for the money and jewels? Dev's family looks rich however in todays ep the way Dev's sis-in-law and mom gave each other looks have gotton me into questions.

What if Dev and his familys arent real NIRs? What if this is just a way of conning familys in India...and if Dev's family is NIR ...what if his family isnt well settle of...they needed money so they got their son married?

in todays world its so easy to con people of...
Edited by _SuMmEr_LoVe_ - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

magicalmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with the point getting girls married to NRI guys without a background check.  It happens in d real life and same thing happened in show as well.  Geet's family didnt do any background check(did they???).  After watching y'day n today's epis.. I'm nt really having good feeling about Dev's family.  there's is seriously something fishy about them.  Wht's with the business all the sudden  that Dev cant come back for one year??? He was planning to stay for atleast 4-5 mnts in India.. n at that time there wz nothing wrong with business.. and that call came right when they were there.. hw convenient..(dont get me wrong..I do want Dev to be good and true..nothing against him..)  Actually, last scene made me worried.. didnt really like d expression on Dev's S-T-L n mom.. I really hope Dev stay good as it has been shown..
-bhootni- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
why do people want to marry NRI kids...beats me...but I think it is wrong to generalize that everyone who comes from abroad to marry are bad!

but you maybe right on the account that dev's family might be con artist...who knows?
_SuMmEr_LoVe_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: magicalmelody

Agree with the point getting girls married to NRI guys without a background check.  It happens in d real life and same thing happened in show as well.  Geet's family didnt do any background check(did they???).  After watching y'day n today's epis.. I'm nt really having good feeling about Dev's family.  there's is seriously something fishy about them.  Wht's with the business all the sudden  that Dev cant come back for one year??? He was planning to stay for atleast 4-5 mnts in India.. n at that time there wz nothing wrong with business.. and that call came right when they were there.. hw convenient..(dont get me wrong..I do want Dev to be good and true..nothing against him..)  Actually, last scene made me worried.. didnt really like d expression on Dev's S-T-L n mom.. I really hope Dev stay good as it has been shown..

Agree...no background check....btw.... what tpye of business does Dev have anyway? I think i may have missed out that...did they mension it? And ya ... whats up with the one yr thin? I ;ve never heard of such a thing...ur atleast aloud vistes rite...and isnt it his business in the first place...so y should someone tell u where u have to be n go?
It just doesnt make sence to marry ur daughter within 3days to a family you've only met twice...

AND i really dont believe Dev's all postive...come on...how can you not know what you're familys up to. Ur not some 5yr old kid dude...

_SuMmEr_LoVe_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: -bhootni-

why do people want to marry NRI kids...beats me...but I think it is wrong to generalize that everyone who comes from abroad to marry are bad!

but you maybe right on the account that dev's family might be con artist...who knows?

oh m not telling to generalize that all NIR families are bad...
m just trying to find out why some NIR families do these kinda disgusting things😃 
and how people have so much blind trust on these NIR families :)
Tomiko thumbnail

Why NRI families marry in India and then abandon the girl ... I don't really know.

But most of the time my guess is that the family wants someone 'cultured' and feel that they can''t find that outside of their home country, hence marry their children off back home.

Not sure what Dev's family are hiding in the closet but all the nudging and secret looks definitely look suspicious.
Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
One can't generalize about all NRI's sons being bad, but agree it does happen.   The boy may like somebody, but parents pressure the boy to find a desi girl.   I totally blame the parents on this one. But the NRI boys have to stand up for themselves too, and not ruin another girl's life by listening to parents if they are already in love with someone else.

I had posted in another thread that Dev may have some other girl in Canada, but marrying Geet to keep family honor etc.
Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I can also speak from NRI point of view,  I live in US.  I would never force my sons to marry desi girl if he loved anybody in US.   I want him to marry the girl he loves😃  If the girl is of Indian origin but lives in the US too, that would be perfect😃
-Mansi- thumbnail
Thats what I posted in the previous topic..that maybe Dev will get some inheritance or money or something if he marries an Indian girl. I have the same feeling about NRI's. Its so scary sometimes. My sister is engaged to an NRI from Canada too..but hes such a sweetheart..I never actually looked into all this personally. :(