Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Summer3

Wisdom is the end product of study n experience n generally it could be in a parlicular field.

It reminds me that absolute wisdom is a distant goal.  We may never attain absolute wisdom, but we start from almost 0 and move towards it. 

If wisdom is the goal or destination then personality traits like sincerity and emotional traits have to be the road.

Veda philosophy says that the goal and the road are a part of the same thing. Road is not an obstruction to the attainment of goal, but rather it is the attainment itself. 
Edited by karandel_2008 - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
[QUOTE=karandel_2008]

It reminds me that absolute wisdom is a distant goal.  We may never attain absolute wisdom, but we start from almost 0 and move towards it. 

If wisdom is the goal or destination then personality traits like sincerity and emotional traits have to be the road.

Veda philosophy says that the goal and the road are a part of the same thing. Road is not an obstruction to the attainment of goal, but rather it is the attainment itself. 
[/quote

Speaking from a point of view of oneness we are perfect all the time, so we only remove our ignorance. In removing one ignorance we are aware of other ignorances that hide the truth.
Some say we wake up in a flash, guess it does not happen to all in a flash, I am still looking for some matches to light a candle.😆
-Sneha thumbnail
That's an interesting question. Definitely! But then along tags the question of what do WE personally qualify as wisdom? What does wisdom, for me, as a young adult, actually represent? If you look well, it's a tricky sort of a question too.

I think love it is. And for that, I don't simply state love. I'd love to clear out why I state love. Loving your life, loving your passion, loving your goal is also a form of love. However strange or non delicious 😆, it still is. I personally believe if you believe in something to the extent that you love it, eventually, everything will follow. Even wisdom. Because wisdom can be sought, can be learned. And I truly, personally, believe love cannot. You cannot learn to love someone, it just happens. You cannot learn to love your passion, it just happens. Similarly, if you love what you want to learn, what you are learning, if you love almost each step of your life, wisdom will definitely and eventually follow.

Another thing, true wisdom seldom comes, or if it does, it's at the very end of one's life. Love is omnipresent throughout though. You love from the moment you're conceived. That's why I find it even more beautiful, even more important.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sneha0601

Another thing, true wisdom seldom comes, or if it does, it's at the very end of one's life. Love is omnipresent throughout though. You love from the moment you're conceived. That's why I find it even more beautiful, even more important.

So you're saying that a baby isn't smart just as he's/she's born? I beg to differ. IMO, a mortal still holds on to some amount of knowledge from it's past life and experiences. However, they are soon forgotten by the time one's 5 or so. Scientists are trying to find out why, though.
Edited by debayon - 14 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I think all type of wisdom is true!...i think its an existential experience....It is experience, not information....knowledge makes we learned.... wisdom makes us innocent...and i believe,wisdom happens only when ego has disappeared.....every mind is interested in knowledge not in wisdom, becos for wisdom we will have to create a space called no mind. & naturaly... mind is afraid of our ever becoming interested in wisdom...I believe different dimension of wisdom is risky...but to be knowledgeable is very easy...risky means...for wisdom, we move to unknown, into the uncharted...it need gr8 courage, guts are needed..its not easy to reach that leavel.!😊

-Sneha thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

So you're saying that a baby isn't smart just as he's/she's born? I beg to differ. IMO, a mortal still holds on to some amount of knowledge from it's past life and experiences. However, they are soon forgotten by the time one's 5 or so. Scientists are trying to find out why, though.

I disagree. You confused wisdom and smartness. A baby is smart, very in fact! I personally believe, the further we have gone in human generations, the more intelligent, the more smart each generation has proven to be. Maybe there's a greater stress on the cerebrum! 😆

Here, the topic starter talked of wisdom, which is NOT to be confused with smartness. Two very distinct words in their meanings! 😉
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Speaking from a point of view of oneness we are perfect all the time, so we only remove our ignorance. In removing one ignorance we are aware of other ignorances that hide the truth.
Some say we wake up in a flash, guess it does not happen to all in a flash, I am still looking for some matches to light a candle.😆

From the point of view of oneness, I think that it would come to that nothing is important or at the most only one thing, that is self, is important.
I am usually short of patience.....ermmmm....make it "very" short of patience.  Does it mean I lack the wisdom?
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sneha0601

I disagree. You confused wisdom and smartness. A baby is smart, very in fact! I personally believe, the further we have gone in human generations, the more intelligent, the more smart each generation has proven to be. Maybe there's a greater stress on the cerebrum! 😆

Here, the topic starter talked of wisdom, which is NOT to be confused with smartness. Two very distinct words in their meanings! 😉

Nope, I have not. I am very much aware that you are talking about wisdom, not smartness. People carry on certain knowledge from their past life from their experiences in their past lives.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: karandel_2008

From the point of view of oneness, I think that it would come to that nothing is important or at the most only one thing, that is self, is important.

I thought from a standpoint of Oneness all are important.
This particular Oneness cannot be viewed in human terms. The Humungous entitiy (Debs' favourite term humungous) is made up of several individual and animated parts that are a universal unto itself too and transcends all barriers. The Entity is so unthinkable and capable that it would not be inaccurate to say that there are many Gods.