The theme of Geet - Your Opinion - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
omg thts a realy good issue
The story line is fresh in terms of TV. But I hope they manage it well..coz its a bit difficult.
Originally posted by taral83

It seems like the movie Duhla mile gaya with SRK and Sush..........and also a older serial Pardesh or something(I dont remember the exact name). Though Pardesh was more serious drama and Geet appears to be more fun loving. My thoughts are that it will be about Geet getting married then this NRI guy never comes to get her....so then she flies herself to Canada.....and her search for her husband begins, but when she finds him....she also comes to know his bad habits and so forth.........and their journey to loving each other.......I have not watched the first episode just saw promos and read article so to me I think thats what the story will be about...............

he already has arrived in punjab.

But yes i hope it wont be a copy of Pardes. and never saw Dulha Mil Gaya but hope it doesn't copy that either.
Originally posted by ibdt2004

I agree, love is necessary to attract viewers to a show many times. But I think other than love there are many more important things too. Like reality. I love the fact that this show depicts a reality of like rather than only keep the viewers in a fantasy world.

I am pretty sure they will later on introduce a guy whom Geet might meet in Canada who will help her when the hubby abandons her....That would start a story line.....
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

I am pretty sure they will later on introduce a guy whom Geet might meet in Canada who will help her when the hubby abandons her....That would start a story line.....

I think it might be Maan who is the other male in the show. Cause I think he supports her after her husban ditches her. But i doubt that will happen in Canada it will be hard for the directors to show a whole set that looks like Canada. But maybe they will be in "Canada" for a while.
Hey Shilpu..good to see u here. Good topic :)
Originally posted by -Mansi-

Hey Shilpu..good to see u here. Good topic :)

hey Mansi!! :D yup im very happy to be here, and ya the theme of Geet is different from other shows! so im happy :)

I think it might be Maan who is the other male in the show. Cause I think he supports her after her husban ditches her. But i doubt that will happen in Canada it will be hard for the directors to show a whole set that looks like Canada. But maybe they will be in "Canada" for a while.

There was a serial long time back on the same theme and in that serial, once the NRI takes the gal back to US, the whole set up shifts to US and the gal does not come back because she didnt want to hurt her parents.....So, the serial remains there.....Infact the gal is abandoned by her hubby and the hubby leaves his parents too with the gal...the gal becomes the sole bread earner of that guys family....The hubby leaves this gal for PERIZAAD, who was a nice gal actually.......But in that show, they dont show any love interest of this indian gal.....She just fights and stays back in US...........
Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

There was a serial long time back on the same theme and in that serial, once the NRI takes the gal back to US, the whole set up shifts to Canada and the gal does not come back because she didnt want to hurt her parents.....So, the serial remains there.....Infact the gal is abandoned by her hubby and the hubby leaves his parents too with the gal...the gal becomes the sole bread earner of that guys family....The hubby leaves this gal for PERIZAAD, who was a nice gal actually.......But in that show, they dont show any love interest of this indian gal.....She just fights and stays back in US...........

oh ok. It would be interesting to see how they pull off the foreing setting if they decide to do that. A whole foreign set. hmm.

But i guess Maan would have some role in it.

he already has arrived in punjab.

But yes i hope it wont be a copy of Pardes. and never saw Dulha Mil Gaya but hope it doesn't copy that either.

I have not watched the show yet...but what I meant to say is that he won't file for visa or try to bring her back to canada......he marries her but forgets about her once he goes back to canada.......while she waits back in India for the day she flys to him........
Edited by taral83 - 13 years ago