Dill Mill Gaye

29/03/10 - Armaan-Sid-Riddz: The Butchering Begins

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Well, well, well....

Remember I had said a few days ago that am about to lose my inspiration because i can see certain things coming? I wanted to be proved wrong but i think i should have known these familiar grounds better because the butchering is about to begin.

How? Ah, well let me type it out for you with my fuchsia pink nailed fingertips.

1. Armaan at the butcher shop.

This good-looking chocolate mousse is perhaps the worst hit. He is falling under bad light, becoming an innocent and accidental home breakers and  becoming the hunted lamb for no fault of his. He is going around displaying his affection for Riddhima , staring into her eyes , trying to kiss her , making escapades with her into the FE. Riddhima , who is Siddhanth's wife. But how do you blame Armaan? It is SO not his fault. Because Star One and CVs have decided to stretch the earth-shattering news of the SR wedding from him until they figure out what to do. And looking at the inherent characteristics of Armaan, has any one of the writers given a thought that how Armaan is going to feel when the truth dawns upon him? He will be heartbroken is another thing , but making a fool of himself in front of the whole hospital when people around him - EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM - knew that he was pursuing Riddhima Modi and not his basket? How betrayed he is going to feel from both Sid-Riddz who told him everything except the truth? What about Armaan's self-respect and dignity? How does it feel to be called a man pursuing a married woman? Kick out the chemistry and pairings , it is sick feeling in the pit of the stomach. But of course , the creatives will only concentrate on his broken heart , not his broken belied faith and his embarrassment at having made such a fool of himself. So, Armaan, welcome to the butcher shop.

2. Siddhanth at the butcher shop counter.

Siddhanth is guilty of letting live Armaan in fool's paradise - he is guilty of not telling Riddhima that he sent Armaan to see her. Siddhanth cannot tell Armaan anything because he himself has no clue of his relationship's status with Riddhima , what is he going to tell Armaan? That Riddhima is my wife and I have been helping you pursue my wife and that i have let you weave all the dreams while i was the part of your harsh reality all the freakin' time? Armaan is actually going to beat him up in the BB court. Not because he married Riddhima , because he fueled his forbidden dreams and made him feel like an elite fool. Siddhanth is being butchered because his goodness is being taken to levels of foolishness. While Sid should talk out things with Riddhima and ask her what she wants ,he is waiting for her to come out of glycerin bottles and take a stand. You want to send her to Armaan, right? Then ,do it. You want to know her decision , right? Ask her. Take  CONTROL of your life , man.Being in middle of nowhere is insanity and you can actually join Armaan in fool's paradise, Sid. There is a thin line between goodness and stupidity and the creatives have made sure that Sid crosses the line sooner than you can blink your eyes. Okay, Sid, now, you can buy whatever ham or chicken you like because it is still less butchered than your psychological state right now.

3. Riddhima at under the butcher's knife.

Looking at the track record of Riddhima and the shocking inconsistencies of this potentially poignant character , I can only say

Kisi bhi janam mohe Riddhima na keejo.

What is wrong with you woman? I know that you are a wee bit cuckoo in the head and your cuckoo-ness has driven both Armaan and Sid to limits of insanity ( what with Armaan proving his love all his life and Sid handling her hatred and proving his innocence all his life) .... but what you are doing right now is CRIMINAL. It is the worst kind of injustice against Armaan and it is the worst kind of emotional attyaachaar against your husband Siddhanth. Armaan has every right to know that Riddhima is married - he does not deserve such deceit. Instead of venting out venom at Armaan , catch hold of your grey matter and tell him that whatever he is doing is not right because you have married Siddhanth. Why should Armaan go through the suffering of feeling guilty of having hurt you when that is not the case in the first place? This is what i call butchering of the emotional flow when it is stretched to such and extent that you stop feeling sorry for the victim. And why the freaks should Sid be wiping her tears and giving reassuring words to her when she is not doing what is in her hands ? Why should Sid stand through Armaan and Riddhima's FE escapades when his wife doesn't have the guts to open her mouth? And what light does it show Riddhima in? Riddhima as in Riddhima Modi , a married woman when Armaan almost kisses her in innocence? People may not give two hoots about marriage but it is a pious institution and like every relationship, it has it' sanctity - so , what are the creatives trying to convey? That Riddhima is letting her lover live in fool's paradise and at the same time oscillating between her feelings and commitment towards her husband Sid? Ah,well, at this rate , we will need rocket science to understand the characters.

If Sid wouldn't have sent Armaan and met her in Pune and if she would have told him that she loves him and would have encountered Armaan after that, then,what would she have done? Gone hopping with Armaan and oscillating like a pendulum between the two men? I seriously wanted to butcher myself when she said that 'Ek taraf Armaan hai aur doosri taraf Siddhanth , main kya karoon?'....*Poco dies of brain hemorrhage*.... wake up woman!  Pick one man and just trot off so that the other man can live in peace.

Okay Mr. Butcher , you can put the knife on her now.

This post is not about SR/AR... it is about Armaan, Siddhanth and Riddhima, Right now, they are forming a classic example of how things go east-west-north-south when the characters go out of hand due to the horrid permutations and combination of your story graph. In a bid to pull in the ratings , take time to think, test your viewers, mark juvenile strategies to keep the audience at tenterhooks , you end up butchering what you have so laboriously built.

And once the characters and the story graph goes out of hand and the characters become synonymous with twisted multiple personality disorders , you can never build them back. Renovation is impossible. They try all angles , all combos , all situations and characters go round and round in circles and ultimately even if you get what you want , you feel cheated because the journey has been bitter and alien.

Love stories require deft and sensitive handling where you explore the deepest emotions of the character by removing the layers of his/her heart one-by-one , building a beautiful relationship through a properly marked out journey. Be it SR or AR , the couples are not about spine-tingling chemistry, nice good-looking picture frames , for how many years or how many months who has loved whom or getting married and having babies. NO. It is the journey that matters - a believable poignant journey where the character have stayed consistent and their story has been beautiful.

Sadly , DMG has no story , i mean come on, any educated person with even 2% neurons can tell that DMG ran on it's characters , cast and their tuning - it never had a consistent story graph except for a few water sprays here and there. Nothing much has changed because they make great tracks and ruin them. Rahul-Muskaan stay the worst example till date followed closely by Yuvi-Naina. But how do you blame the script department when scripts are butchered as per orders and stories tampered with almost every week. This is what happens in the business of emotions.

P.S- By the way, the current creative team has spoonfuls from ex-Balaji staff. Now, figure out what you have stored in coming weeks. I am suddenly getting nightmares of Kashish, Prerna, Anurag, Mihir,Tulsi, and all other packs of ham in the butchershop.

Please note -

Please keep your jhandaaz of AR forever and SR forever and whosoever-whenever out of my post and park your hatred BMWs in some other parking lot. We are supposed to keep the forum clean and we should be contributing to the saaf-safaai of the forum. It doesn't harm to be civilized and cultured looking at the kind of money our parents have spent on educating us. So, let's NOT BE JUVENILE.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

caprigurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Like the way you actually write so tactfully.
Only one thing, i dont see a K-serial repeat cos AR / SR situation is being handled in a very sensitive way here.The true feelings of No charcater are being supressed.
 The Armaan not being told abt the marriage part is rightly cruel and mindless as you say, but the outcome will be something that will leave a content smile on all parties involved  i believe, yes its a  fools hope i have in this regard, a fools hope, but a hope nonetheless :)
maybe-just thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
👏 This is for your excellent topic!

Today I felt sad again, I don't want to see Sid get heartbroken again since I just don't like the sulky Sid, what happened to the kiddish and funny Sid? I miss him so much, since Tamz' departure Sid's character was butchered to the max!!!

Poor Ridz, what she used to be and what she is now? Seriously I think out of all 3 characters, the most injustice was done to Ridzy's character, she changes so frequently its bloody stupid! And her confusion now even confuses me? Who the hell to choose!? 😡

Armaan, what has he done? Poor guy came back for the love of his life and all he seems to get is grief and confusion, damn the CVs, all 3 characters have been battered and shattered left right and centre, and now what's left of them, they are going to make Keema outta the characters too!

AR have been in love for so long, I mean what the hell? Just watching the precap today made me want to just cry I really have no idea as to how the story's gonna go? 😕

Seriously I really feel bad for the all 3 characters, alot of injustice has been done to them! DMG needs to be back on track soon or else the shows defo going to the dogs and I don't mean to bash but its the truth!!!! 🤓
Edited by maybe-just - 14 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I think put simply. SR fans will find this butchering, AR fans will look at this as reviving the true nature of the characters especially Riddhima.

😊

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome post poca!! I love the unbiased views, keep writing!
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: caprigurl

Like the way you actually write so tactfully.
Only one thing, i dont see a K-serial repeat cos AR / SR situation is being handled in a very sensitive way here.The true feelings of No charcater are being supressed.
 The Armaan not being told abt the marriage part is rightly cruel and mindless as you say, but the outcome will be something that will leave a content smile on all parties involved  i believe, yes its a  fools hope i have in this regard, a fools hope, but a hope nonetheless :)

Tactful?😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲.... Jhoothe ilzaam lagayaa na karo. 😳😳😳😳😳😳

Good to see you again , madam.

Well, I sure will love to be proved again but am saying what am saying because of my experience and the way scripts and characters are butchered  , i don't have much hope. I hope everybody is content at the end of the day ... but looking at DMG's history ( it is our lesson in what not to do in story writing and character graphs.😆)... I don't know what to say.

And listen, there is nothing known as a fool's hope. Hope is what keeps all of us going. As Red said in 'Shawshank Redemption' ...

"Hope is a good thing , perhaps the best of all things and good things don't die"

Love and luck always to you,

GOD bless you.

MuasamSept16th thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Loved your post....Just each and every word just so true and so right!

Especially Riddhima's Character butchering...was the best explained.....!

None of the characters take any logical steps to sort out the situation. Itz getting impossible to empathize with them. Coz its almost like an over-the- head transmission.... I fail to understand the logic or reason behind their actions!.
Edited by lucky__me - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: maybe-just

👏 This is for your excellent topic!

Today I felt sad again, I don't want to see Sid get heartbroken again since I just don't like the sulky Sid, what happened to the kiddish and funny Sid? I miss him so much, since Tamz' departure Sid's character was butchered to the max!!!

Poor Ridz, what she used to be and what she is now? Seriously I think out of all 3 characters, the most injustice was done to Ridzy's character, she changes so frequently its bloody stupid! And her confusion now even confuses me? Who the hell to choose!? 😡

Armaan, what has he done? Poor guy came back for the love of his life and all he seems to get is grief and confusion, damn the CVs, all 3 characters have been battered and shattered left right and centre, and now what's left of them, they are going to make Keema outta the characters too!

AR have been in love for so long, I mean what the hell? Just watching the precap today made me want to just cry I really have no idea as to how the story's gonna go? 😕

Seriously I really feel bad for the all 3 characters, alot of injustice has been done to them! DMG needs to be back on track soon or else the shows defo going to the dogs and I don't mean to bash but its the truth!!!! 🤓

I agree. Riddhima has been butchered for too long for comfort. Be it Armaan or Sid , the character has been inconsistent with both the men. Armaan is in the worst situation right now and Sid-Riddz are going to feel like criminals in front of him when the truth of SR marriage is out in the open in front of him. I don't know which way the story will go but the characters are looking like 'Keema' already.

Love and luck always to you,

God bless you.

mysterieux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome...This post takes the cake.....

No longer are the characters being sympathized....but rather chided( very mildly put ...i know).....for what they are doing...

This is not drama.......three sensible characters are being dragged all over the place to no end.........

Edited by moviebuff05 - 14 years ago

Poco

What can I say!! After watching todays episode I felt bad for all 3 characters because as you rightly said they are being butchered slowly and surely by the creative team!! And its really sad!!

They had 3 brilliant actors who made sid,ridhimma and armaan into characters we loved and adored because of what they were-kind,funny,compassionate,loved and the cv's have managed to destroy it all in one episode!!

Even though I am a die hard SR fan (because of their unique story)I would never dream of blaming armaan for the way he's behaving! He is just trying to win back the lady he has loved all his life but who doesnt have the guts or conscience to tell him she is now married and so is out of bounds!

I dont care what the majority of the people on the forum think,but marriage is a sacred institution which comes with its own limits and boundaries which we do not cross! And at the end of the day SR are married.

Ridhimma-I loved her! Even when she was angry with sid and hated him,I still felt she had compassion in her.But today she let me down.Today I felt Ridhimma modi died! She is not being fair to sid or armaan.And I think this situation is going to be stretched until we the viewers can take no more!

And now to my soft spot sid!!Sacrifising,always putting others first,only wanting his wifes happiness. But now its enough! He needs to tell armaan but more importantly he needs to talk to his wife and tell her what he's doing.Tell her that he wants her to choose whatever path will make her happy.But the cv's have decided that he should stay quiet-so against character.Sid has always beeen the one that yu could rely on and trust and to tell you the truth! But now he's looking like a lost husband hoping his wife will choose him!

As you said the cv's are being pulled from all directions-the channel,fans,TRP,s!! Its such a shame because if they had carried on with the path they had originally started on we would have had a continuation of a beautiful story.

Today was bad and the precap for tomorrow seems worse.I will carry on with DMG for as long as my sensibilities permit and of course for as long as my beloved SR are together! But I have a feeling my days are numbered.

Thankyou for a beautiful and thought provoking post as usual!!