Debate Mansion

Being Spiritual and religious - Page 4

Khatarnak thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Summer3

so u cry. wait till u read Khaty Bhai's shayari.

I don't think if she is crying - just trying to make a point

Khaty bhai tum bolte bohat ho 😆😆😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Khatarnak

People really want to understand the difference between religious and spiritual. Spirituality is something internal whereas religion is something external.

When you start probing into yourself about the meaning of your life, who you are? and why do you live this life?, you have started feeling spiritual, Self awareness is the first step towards spirituality. Being aware of yourself and your karma is a wonderful experience to have in your life. Once you understand your karma, your soul will continue its journey in a peaceful way.

Religion is nothing but a set of structured systems and theories which induce the thinking of spirituality. It helps you to find the right questions to ask about yourself and find the appropriate answers. The difference between religion and spirituality is simply that most religions offer a specific set of beliefs and structures to help people to attune to their innate spirituality. The difference between religion and spirituality is in form only, for the true essence of all spiritual and religious practices is God.

For being spiritual, you don't necessarily need to attach yourself with a religion. When you find it difficult to attain the self awareness by yourself, the religious lectures by the Guru's can help you to do this. Most of us want to be wiser, more compassionate, more aware, and have more meaningful lives and religion try to address these desires.

If you are spiritual person, you can see the truth in all religions. If you are spiritual, you can enjoy all the good concepts provided by all religions in this world. All are different paths to the same goal and all religions stem from the same source.

@bold: Isn't that a part of Hinduism as well though? So there is an overlap with religion here too right. Sometimes it is really hard to distinguish between spirituality and religion but maybe that is because I consider my religion as a way of life and not really as hardcore rules that must be followed. I look at it as a set of guidelines that will help you do well in life and not something which tells you 'do this or you are doomed' sort of thing. 😕 My religion doesn't tell me that I have to pray X times a day or that it is compulsory for me to visit a holy place of worship once a week or more. (plus anyway I have a mandir at home too)

I don't think that just because you are spiritual, it automatically means you have an equal amount of respect for all religions. I have found that most people in the west who start to question their religion and become very spiritual find Bhuddism very interesting and I suppose a lot of them find Hinduism very interesting, which would explain the increasing number of Hare Krishnas, esp. the one's I always see chanting down Oxford St. 😛 I think that a lot of people have started to question their faith and when they do so, most of them aren't just happy by the questions, they look for answers by exploring other religions like Islam, Bhuddism, Hinduism, Sikhism etc and when they find a religion that answers most of their questions (in a way that makes sense to them), they begin to follow that.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: hindu4lyf

@bold: Isn't that a part of Hinduism as well though? So there is an overlap with religion here too right. Sometimes it is really hard to distinguish between spirituality and religion but maybe that is because I consider my religion as a way of life and not really as hardcore rules that must be followed. I look at it as a set of guidelines that will help you do well in life and not something which tells you 'do this or you are doomed' sort of thing. 😕 My religion doesn't tell me that I have to pray X times a day or that it is compulsory for me to visit a holy place of worship once a week or more. (plus anyway I have a mandir at home too)

I don't think that just because you are spiritual, it automatically means you have an equal amount of respect for all religions. I have found that most people in the west who start to question their religion and become very spiritual find Bhuddism very interesting and I suppose a lot of them find Hinduism very interesting, which would explain the increasing number of Hare Krishnas, esp. the one's I always see chanting down Oxford St. 😛 I think that a lot of people have started to question their faith and when they do so, most of them aren't just happy by the questions, they look for answers by exploring other religions like Islam, Bhuddism, Hinduism, Sikhism etc and when they find a religion that answers most of their questions (in a way that makes sense to them), they begin to follow that.

In spirituality there is no religion as we head towards the point where all lines meet.
The lighter we are the higher we can fly.

4teen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sewa hi dharam hai aur sewa se jo aatma ki santushti milti hai , usko spirituality kehte hein
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: 4teen12

Sewa hi dharam hai aur sewa se jo aatma ki santushti milti hai , usko spirituality kehte hein

yes manava seva madhava seva hain.
Spirituality can be practised in many ways.