Debate Mansion

Being Spiritual and religious - Page 2

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Summer3

Vinu Bhai after drinking this you will be Spiritual but not religious.😆 --Aisa hey tho Am in Middle now😆

I found out that even long distance runners and those that do very deep meditations go very high, intoxicated to some extent on air, pagli hawa.
So you need to practise now. --yaaa practising different ways😃

Very sad that several great ghazal singers too drink too much and die early.
too much drinking can lead to depression too. ---I think mind is not intelligent,its messed with lots of things..becse of mind's conscious games,people go to the movie, the football match.. get lost in the crowd, dance in the disco, forget yourself, drink alcohol,blah blah to foget themselfs or conscious mind and that moment they enjoy or relax..some loose the controling power...they feel more depressed or move on with same acts.😃

Edited by Believe - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ah the mind if it can be controlled is truly the best and most beautiful friend one can have.
A steady mind that is dipped in knowledge is an invincible armour.
But what if we need to go beyond the mind ?
Universal mind is the same as unversal consciousness, I Believe.
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I fail In both of them so i wouldnt know. How much I want to particitpate In this discussion 😒
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Khatarnak

People really want to understand the difference between religious and spiritual. Spirituality is something internal whereas religion is something external.

When you start probing into yourself about the meaning of your life, who you are? and why do you live this life?, you have started feeling spiritual,  Self awareness is the first step towards spirituality. Being aware of yourself and your karma is a wonderful experience to have in your life. Once you understand your karma, your soul will continue its journey in a peaceful way.

Religion is nothing but a set of structured systems and theories which induce the thinking of spirituality. It helps you to find the right questions to ask about yourself and find the appropriate answers. The difference between religion and spirituality is simply that most religions offer a specific set of beliefs and structures to help people to attune to their innate spirituality. The difference between religion and spirituality is in form only, for the true essence of all spiritual and religious practices is God.

For being spiritual, you don't necessarily need to attach yourself with a religion. When you find it difficult to attain the self awareness by yourself, the religious lectures by the Guru's can help you to do this. Most of us want to be wiser, more compassionate, more aware, and have more meaningful lives and religion try to address these desires.

If you are spiritual person, you can see the truth in all religions. If you are spiritual, you can enjoy all the good concepts provided by all religions in this world. All are different paths to the same goal and all religions stem from the same source.

I think religion can go hand in hand

is spirtuality is what u feel inside as one member said

religion is the physical act of  expressing that feeling inside

although one can be spirtual but not religious also
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: P1nk

I fail In both of them so i wouldnt know. How much I want to particitpate In this discussion 😒

P1nk there is nothing to be confused about. Let us put it simply.

Basically when we pray to God in whichever form or way and read books about the the teachings and follow them, it is normally referred to as being religious. this is also a process of cleansing our minds etc so that we are euipped to do enquiry into the nature of the world, nature of the soul, God etc. such enquiry falls under the category of spirituality.
Some may forgo all prayers and religion etc and delve into honest enquiry too.

Yet others may ignore both religion and spirituality and only believe in doing good without caring for their salvation in anyway, such persons too achieve the ultimate goal.
A fine case is Lord Buddha who sought answers to stop the sufferings of mankind.
P1nk thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Summer3

P1nk there is nothing to be confused about. Let us put it simply.

Basically when we pray to God in whichever form or way and read books about the the teachings and follow them, it is normally referred to as being religious. this is also a process of cleansing our minds etc so that we are euipped to do enquiry into the nature of the world, nature of the soul, God etc. such enquiry falls under the category of spirituality.
Some may forgo all prayers and religion etc and delve into honest enquiry too.

Yet others may ignore both religion and spirituality and only believe in doing good without caring for their salvation in anyway, such persons too achieve the ultimate goal.
A fine case is Lord Buddha who sought answers to stop the sufferings of mankind.

But what If you pray  for the sake  of it and feel that there is no spiritual connection or a feeling of greatness?? even when you follow the teaching's of your Lord, perform those necessary ritual tasks you still somehow dont  feel cleansed and pure..

should we stop praying until we find that connection with God spiritually?

thnx summer ji 😛
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

But what If you pray  for the sake  of it and feel that there is no spiritual connection or a feeling of greatness?? even when you follow the teaching's of your Lord, perform those necessary ritual tasks you still somehow dont  feel cleansed and pure..

thnx summer ji 😛

pink keep praying

one maybe experciencing lack of spirtual connection

simple keep praying and asking Allah (swt) in ur dua's for help

i myself have become lazy in praying and i dnt pray namaz as often as i used to

i just keep asking Allah (swt) in my dua's to bring me back on true path and help me in every aspect of life including my strenghteming my faith
Edited by baz786 - 14 years ago

thnx summer ji 😛

first find that connection with yourself, and you'll find connection with God.... if there is one lol

and hi 😛
P1nk thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Emptiness

first find that connection with yourself, and you'll find connection with God.... if there is one lol

and hi 😛

I know one connection I found and that Is with you. 🤗

I know one connection I found and that Is with you. 🤗

nothing else matters 🤗