Kaisi Paheli Zindagani...

Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi everyone,

I got inspired by all you fan fic writers and decided to write my own...so tell me what you think of it...constructive criticism and feedback greatly appreciated...also, I don't really have much of a direction to this story, so if I start faltering, plz don't hesitate to offer ur suggestions. 😊 okay, let me start with the characters/background:

The Khannas are prestigious and well-known aristrocrats living in Mumbai. They're famous all over India, and are beginning to leave their mark internationally. Dilip Khanna, an entrepreneur by profession, owns many companies and industries, including Khanna Music and Production Company. Despite being such a public figure, Dilip is a simpleton at heart. His wife Naina is the CEO of this company, as Dilip has many other businesses to look after. Their son Karthik, 22, has finished his MBA from a top london University and is now helping Naina Khanna run the Music Company. The true "breadwinner" of this family, however, is the family's oldest son, Angad, aged 24. He's a rockstar, and is extremely popular in India, as well as has a huge fan-base internationally. Angad is Dilip Khanna's son from his first marriage. Yes, Naina is his step-mother, and perfectly fits in the role of the evil stepmother (think Cinderella style πŸ˜† ). She makes Angad work night and day, almost as if he were a machine. She wants to ensure that Angad does not feel "human"; that he's devoid of all emotions and feelings; that his only purpose is to be famous and bring in millions each year. Angad is a man of arrogance. His step-mother's conditioning and his father's absence from most of his life has made him into a ruthless, selfish, egoist. He wants everything his way, and gets it no matter what. His determination, his obsession and willpower are his pillars of strength. Or so he thinks. there's only one person in this world that makes him melt..and that's his Dadi. Dadi is the epitome of motherly love. she's a soft spoken, yet headstrong lady. She lives separately from the Khanna's as she doesnt like Naina's behavior.

The Sharmas are a very well respected family in Nainital. Suryabhan Sharma is a professor of music at a prestigious music school at nainital. He's a very warm, affectionate and understanding man. He's the father figure in the school. Everyone, young and old, respects and loves him dearly. His wife Gayatri is his pillar of strength. She's a quiet lady with eyes that speak volumes. Her presence awes people as she's the epitome of what a woman should be: a loving wife, mother and friend. The Sharmas have two children: Kripa and Harshini. Harshini is a very beautful young lady, 24 years of age, and is engaged to a doctor in mumbai. She's a fine arts graduate, and a painter. Her paintings have been showcased in many gallaries. The apple of the family's eye is the youngest daughter Kripa. At 19, Kripa is a bubbly, cheerful and kind hearted. Her almost-childlike innocence draws people towards her and her simplicity makes her more beautiful than any runway model. Yet Kripa has a strong heart and mind, just like her mother and can handle tough situations with amazing maturity.

The Boses are another aristrocrat family in mumbai. Damini Bose, the head of the family after her husbands death, runs an advertising and publicity firm. They have very close ties to the Khanna family not only on a professional, but also on a personal level. Damini's daughter Mishty ,21,  is very good friends with both Angad and Karthik, as is her brother Prithvi, 23.

This story is almost a comming of age story of two unlikely strangers who fall in love. A story of destiny that has bound these two in such a way that there's no escape from it. It's not just a love story, but  story of growing up..a story of understanding and trust that develops between two individuals who are polar opposites. This is also a story of good v. evil. of love v. hate. This is the story of Angad and Kripa.

so what do you guys think? should I continue?

Edited by yeh_ada_143 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs.Fr.. thumbnail
gr888888888888888888888.....i just love the intro sounds different..........plz write next part soon cant wait more πŸ˜ƒ
Mrs.Fr.. thumbnail
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz likho πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘
Misfit_ thumbnail
Episode 1:
The sun is just rising above the lakes in Nainital. The sparkling horizon gives it a look of paradise. The camera then zooms into a peach colored bedroom. We see medals and certificates and posters adorning the walls and a canopy bed with white and peach bedding. It appears as though someone's sleeping on the bed, but we can't see who. Suddenly, the sun rays hit the bed and it's occupant. Slowly we see two eyelids flutter open. The beautiful brown eyes belong to none other than a sleepy Kripa Sharma. We see her stretch her arms and finally see her beautiful face. Her brown hair falls silky and straight past her shoulders to her mid-back. Her delicate, feminine features are accentuated by the twinkle in her eyes and a sleepy smile. We hear knock on the door. It's none other than Kripa's other sister Harshini.
H: Kripa? KRIPAA!! Utho!! Phir se school jaane me tumhe der ho gaye to aaj Papa se main kya, mama bhi nahi bachayegi.
K: Haan, Haan Harshu Di, isme chillane waali kaunsi baat hai, mein abhi tayyar hoke ayee.
H: Theek hai, jaldi karo. Aur Bhulna mat, aaj shaam ko hame shopping jaana hai.
K (in muffled tones as she brushes): Haan pata hai.

In a few mins, we see Kripa rush down the stairs in her school uniform.
K: good morning mama! morning di.
G: Good morning beta.. jaldi de nastha karlo aur school jao..varna...
K: haan haan pata hai. papa bohot ghuss honge.
Gayatri just smiles lovingly, and shakes her head.
As Kripa is about to rush out, Gayatri says, "Beta school se jaldi ghar aa jana..humen shopping bhi karni hai aur meri aur papa ki mumbai jaane ki packing bhi.
K: Huh? Aap log mumbai kyun jaa rahen hain?!
G: beta, di ki shaadi me kuch hi hafte baaki reh gaye hain. to is samey me mujhe aur papa ko vahan jaake tayarion me madat karni padegi.
K (innocent, sad smile): to kya di sachmuch humein chod kar jaa rahi hai?
G (comes and hugs Kripa): haan beta, aik din sub larkiyon ko apne ghar jaana padta hai...
K (making a face): Main aaap ko aur papa ko chor kar kahi nahi jaungi bas!
G: chup pagal. ab jao!

The camera zooms out and takes us to Mumbai at the Khanna residence. Naina Khanna seems upset by something and is throwing a tantrum on her servants.
N: Tum log koi kaam dhang se nahi kar sakte? Aaj raat itni badi party hai aur yeh ghar jaise koi kabadkhana lag raha hai. Agar agle do ghanton me ye ghar decorate nahi hua to samjho tum sab ki naukri gayi. Ab khade khade mera mooh mat dekho! JAO!
Servants: Jee memsaab.
N: Karthik! Karthik beta suno to!
K: Jee mom?
N: Beta us Angad ko please uthao. He is SO irresponsible. Tumse bara hokar bhi usse apno responsibilities aur priorities nahi samajhme aati. Aaj ke launch party mein usne koi garbar kardi to mein usse kabhi maaf nahi karoongi.
K: Fikar mat karo mom. Who chaah kar bhi kuch galat nahi karega. After all, hamare siva us ka hai bhi kaun. Who hamein disappoint kar hi nahi sakta. Mein abhi usse uthata houn.
Naina gives an evil, arrogant smile and thinks to herself: Yeh sach baat kahi tumne Kartik. Hamare illavah uska koi nahi hai, iss liye woh hamare khilaaf jaa hi nahi sakta. Daat deni padegi Naina, itne saalon ki mehnat ab rang laa rahi hai. Angad to bas ek money making machine hai. Usse machine hi bane ke rakhna hai, kisi bhi jasbaat, feelings, emotions ki uspar affect na ho itna dhyaan rakhna hai tumhe.
Thinking this, she walks off.
Karthik runs up the stairs and stops in front of a Navy Blue colored door. He knocks. No response. He knocks again, and after getting no response a second time, opens the door to find the room empty. The room is the same color as the door, sophisticatedly furnished with black and blue furniture. There are several guitars with broken strings hanging on the wall. A red drumset takes up the left corner. A confused Kartik calls out Angads name. "Angad, angad tum kahan ho".
At that moment, a maid walks in. Sheepishly she answers, "Angad baba kal raat outhouse mein thehrethe."
K: thanks molly
Kartik walks out to the outhouse and comes to the bedroom. There he finds a passed out Angad and an empty bottle of Johnny Walker. Karthik smiles devilishly and rolls his eyes.
"Angad" he says coldly. "Angad utho aaj recording hai."
We hear Angad mumble something incoherent into his pillow.
"Get up damnit, tumhare nakhron ke liye time nahi hain aaj."
An enraged Angad wakes up and gives Karthik a death stare. Kartik backs up a few steps.
"Mom ne tumhe jald se jald recording studio me bulaya hain" says karthik and makes a quick exit.
"Recording, rehearsals, shows, aur parties, bas yehi meri zindagi ban gayi hain" speaks an angry Angad to the walls. "chain se saans bhi nahi le sakta" With that said, he goes to get ready. He arrives at the studio a bit late.
Naina is already angry, but seeing Angad's cold rage she doesn't say a word.
N: Beta jaldi se recording finish kar lena aur ghar aa jana. Aaj shaam ek bohot hi important party hai. Tumhare naye album ko launch karne ke liye. Is sheher ke…
A: Is sheher ke jaane mane log aur celebrities attend karne waale hain. Aur mujhe kisi bhi kimat par accha impression dena hai taki humare next show ko bohot sponsors mila. I know mom, it's the same story everytime. Ab mein jaun ya aur kuch?
N: nahi bas itna hi. She gives Angad a tight smile.

The camera fades out and fades back in to Nainital
We see Kripa arrive at school. She's the most popular and most liked student. She's also the best singer with a mesmerizing voice and a great inclination for music. After school, Kripa rushes straight home. There she finds her mom and Harshini is some sort of disagreement.
K: kya hua, aap dono kyun jhagad rahein hain?
H: dekho naa Kripa, meine kaha ke mujhe ye gold wala purana set meri shaadi mein nahi pehenna, phir bhi mom insist kar rahi hain.
G: Beta yeh set humari family mein kayi salon se hain. Aise tum kaise usse thukra sakti ho?
H: Mom, lekin yeh kitna purana hai..ugh..mujhe nahi pehenna.
Gayatri has a hurt look on her face and Kripa sees this.
K: don't worry mom, yeh set waise bhi aap par sabse jyada suit karta hain. Toh aap hi pehel lijiye.
G: Theek hai, jo tum kaho.
Harshini gives Kripa a grateful smile, and Kripa winks back.
In the late afternoon, the Sharma's are packing for their trip to Mumbai. Suryabhan and Gayatri are going tonight, and Harshini and Kripa are coming the week before wedding as Kripa has school and Harshini is working towards an art show in Nainital. They all leave for the airport. At the airport, a tearful Gayatri hugs both her daughters and says "dekho tum dono apne aap ka khayal rakhna…raat to theek se sona, theek se khaaana khana aur jyada masti mat karni"
Both daughters smile and say "YES MOMM" in unison.
The plane takes off and the camera fades back to Mumbai.

Dilip nervously paces around his and naina's bedroom. He still hadn't told Naina that his best friend from nainital will be staying with them for a few weeks, until his daughter is married. He was almost afraid of her reaction. Just then, a fussy Naina walks in. "offo, Dilip aap yahan hain? Kabse dhund rahin hoon main aapko. Plz niche jaake sab last minute ki tayariyan dekh lijiye. I have to get ready. Jiye bhi!"
D: who naina mein tumse kuch kehna…
N: Dilip abhi bilkul time nahi hain. Bas teen ghante reh gaye hain aur Angad aur Kartik abhi wapas nahi aaye. Nahi main tayyar hui houn. Plz aap jaiye naa
D (sighs dejectedly): okay

Three hrs pass. Suryabhan and gayatri's plane has landed. They got their luggage and are on their way to the Khanna mansion.
Here, the party has started. Guests are arriving, it's a grand event. Just then, Gayatri and Suryabhan enter khanna house. Naina, not recognizing them, goes up and asks who they are.
Episode ends here.

Preview: Dilip introduces The Sharmas to Naina, who is not very happy to see them.

Misfit_ thumbnail
phew, that came out to be long. tell me if this is too long and ill try to shorten the next one. I think i went a little over-board with the dialogues. πŸ˜†
Mrs.Fr.. thumbnail
kripa age 19 ...still in school ...i m aslo of 19 yrs old but in final semister of graduation ..... πŸ˜•

any ways thats too good.............!
Misfit_ thumbnail
lol, oops...I didn't realize it...ummm, lets make it so that she's doing her graduate studies in music πŸ˜•
Mrs.Fr.. thumbnail
yar continue karo thats gr8..................................! πŸ‘
Pooja922 thumbnail
it is soooo good so far!!!...i cant wait until u post the next part....do it soon...thanx
Misfit_ thumbnail
Recap: Gayatri and Suryabhan Sharma leave for mumbai to prepare for Harshini's wedding, and arrive at the Khanna mansion where a launch party is being held..

N: Yes? Can I help you?
S: Naina Bhabhi! Pehchana nahi? Main Suryabhan... Suryabhan Sharma, Nainital se..aur yeh Gayatri..
G: Namaste
N (kind of irritated): jee Namaste
Just then, she spots one of the potential sporsor's and before Suryabhan could ask for Dilip just walks away, leaving an awkward Suryabhan and confused Gayatri.
Just then, Angad comes downstairs, and bumps into Suryabhan.
A(angry): excuse me, kitchen us taraf hai... Plz jaaiye aur apna kaam kijiye.
G: Yeh kya keh rahe ho tum? do we look like servants to you?!
A: uh, yeah?
Dilip who has just spotted Suryabhan and Gayatri scurries over.
D: arey Surya?! tumhari flight jaldi aa gayi kya? mujhe phone karna chahiye tha.
S: Nahi, humne socha... itne saalon baad mil rahen hain.. kuch surprise ho jaye.. Lekin yahan to... (glares at Angad, who's thoroughly confused at this point)
G (sensing tension, decides to change the subject): Waise bhai saab...Naina bhabhi se to mil chuke hum log..baccha dikhai nahi dete? Angad aur Karthik? kafi bade ho gaye honge naa?
Dilip introduces them to Angad. Both parties are shocked and Angad is quite embarrased and apologizes profusely.
The night proceeds with Suryabhan and Gayatri spending most of their time in the corner by themselves with Naina ignoring them on purpose and Dilip trying to devise ways to break it to Naina that the Sharma's will be with them for a month, at least. Angad is seen drinking, flirting with girls, dancing... just being his jolly self...one the outside at least. Inside he was feeling out of place and lonely as ever. For some reason, he was drawn towards Gayatri. Her presence was heavenly and it made him think of his own, real mother. He wondered what it would have been like if she were still alive. He saw an image of what a mother should look like in Gayatri. Finally, the party ended and the guests started to leave, one by one. Now was the moment Dilip hoped never came. He had to somehow tell Naina about the Sharma's without her having a panic attack. So he excused himself as Dadi talked with the Sharma's and went the the bedroom where Naina was looking over some papers.
D: Naina Woh....
Before Dilip could start, Naina confronts him..
N: Dilip, yeh neeche kaun hai? aur kyun aaye hain yahan? Saara party ka mood kharab kar diya inhone... Bolo to...Kaun hain woh?
D: Naina, inti zor se baat mat karo... woh sun lenge.
He tells her the entire story, and Naina is shell-shocked to say the least.
N: PURA MAHINA?! ONE WHOLE MONTH?! Dilip, do you have any idea what you're saying? This month is the worst month to have company..woh bhi IS tarah ke log (Naina makes a disgusted face). Angad ka naya album launch hone jaa raha hai, hume is mahine mein 4 shows karne hain.. whyy don't you understand?!
D: Plz naina, try and understand... humari aur unki dosti
bohot purani hai.. besides they're here to prepare for their daughter's wedding so they'll be busy and wont interfere with our lives.
N: whatever dilip, I just know that I wont have them in this house.
After a few mins of arguing, they both plaster fake smiles on their faces and head downstairs. It was decided that the Sharma's would live in the outhouse for the sake of their "privacy". Both Gayatri and Suryabhan understood what this meant, but accepted it with a smile.
Weeks passed, everyone had been busy with their own schedules: Angad and family preparing for the shows and album; The sharmas looking after wedding details; and in Nainital Kripa and Harshini busy with the art show. One more week to go before Kripa and Harshini arrive in mumbai.

Preview: Kripa's not very happy about the outhouse; Angad-Kripa's first encounter.